Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 98323 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #1575 on: September 29, 2019, 03:18:29 am »

When Madkt wakes up, tell her “When I slept in the salt, I had a dream. [explain contents of below quote]. I think Ungas might know we are coming.”
"who are the others/ also who/what are we fighting?" you ask him "Well there's Guul who watches the gate with Hikdun-" shows you two friendly enough looking gargoyles brothers "and Foederspli our shaman-" you pass by a gleeful Lizardman tending a caged deathdog "and Cabbiz and our pet Nib-ol-" you see a necromancer feeding a mostly docile Ankheg "and he's our leader here, Ungas." he says pointing out the massive chainmail wearing man whom has a clawmark scarred grey face and a billowy yellowed beard that looks like clouds.
"And we fight the humans, like the hero's of old." the scarred up Orog says giving you a shake.

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 29, 2019, 04:51:12 am »

(so you would like to wait for Madtk to wait up without doing anything else for the two hours of the long rest?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 29, 2019, 04:55:17 am »

explore more of the dreamscape

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 29, 2019, 05:07:18 am »

(What do you wish to find in your dreams?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 29, 2019, 05:18:08 am »

any info about Ungas, Guul, Hikdun, Foederspli, Cabbiz, and Nib-ol
I imagine maybe we have unconscious memories in our dreams, maybe we can learn more about them

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 29, 2019, 08:00:02 am »

any info about Ungas, Guul, Hikdun, Foederspli, Cabbiz, and Nib-ol
I imagine maybe we have unconscious memories in our dreams, maybe we can learn more about them
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 29, 2019, 04:14:34 pm »

You sit down next to Makdt and attempt to sleep and remember about the brigands; you can't seem to get back to sleep but you do remember a few things about them over the next two hours...

You remember being told that walking between the gargoyle brothers would mean certain death...
You recall Foederspli has a specially strong love of animals...
You remember seeing the Ankheg named Nib-ol spitting acid at flying birds overhead...
Remembering back you once overheard that Cabbiz doesn't have a single spell that does actual harm...
You recall that halfhand is often not at the fort...
You remember once seeing Ungas casually walking around with arrows sticking out of his back like they weren't even there...

You feel refreshed from your long rest. (you regain you full hp of 52 as well as your action surge)
Makdt awakens looking rested, "Good morning."
“When I slept in the salt, I had a dream..." you tell her and proceed to explain what you know of the brigands to Makdt.
"I think Ungas might know we are coming.” you say
Makdt says, "I'm sure half of the Arc knows we're coming the temple isnt know for subtlety."
She stands up and pulling a pair of black potions out of her pack gives them to you, "These are for you, now shall we go upstairs and see who we're to go on this raid with?"
(do you want to proceed with the pre raid meeting, or do something else first?)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 29, 2019, 04:17:32 pm »

Smile. "Thank you."
Let's go have a look at this meeting.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 29, 2019, 04:22:22 pm »

Smile. "Thank you."
Let's go have a look at this meeting.

+1

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 29, 2019, 05:33:11 pm »

You smile. "Thank you." You head upstairs to the meeting...
There are lots of people in the common hall right now; peasants, clerics from the temple, Sylvan, Aviial & the elf cleric, a human monk with brown hair and blue robes, and an orc woman with red leather armor and a full plate helmet that covers her face.

The man you recognize from the temple named Hedra tells the assembled people, "These are the allotted equipment, take one cloak and a weapon of your choice from these boxes in an orderly fashion." he opens a pair of boxes that contain brilliantly white cloaks and assorted weapons.
The peasants go forth first to pick out various swords and spike maces, as well everyone lines up to get their cloaks.
(do you wish to pick out a weapon and receive a cloak?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 29, 2019, 05:40:37 pm »

I think we do best with our hands, though we should take a cloak. On the way there we should tell them everything we know about the gargoyles, the lizardman shaman, Ungas, the deathdog, the orc, and anyone else in the dream, though don't tell them the names, lest they think we work with Ungas, which we don't

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 29, 2019, 06:30:52 pm »

You go and and retrieve a cloak, and inform the group about the brigands, Hedra says "Yes, our scouts have gathered about as much about our target, but this talk of a werebeast leading them is concerning." Aviial chimes in "I Aviial shall handle that cursed creature for the glory of Avos!" he raises his silvered greatsword posing like he's some hero sent from heaven.

You feel the cloak and it appears to be a blessed (+2) cloak of protection, it feels as though this won't require attunement but that the blessing will wear off after the mission's complete.

Now that everyone has a cloak Hedra addresses the assembled people, "Today you fight for the light, we are assaulting a fort of monstrous brigands that would poison these lands and attack its peoples, today your glory will be sung in the temples for the gods to hear and the blood you spill shall be sacrosanct!" He then brings out a crude map drawn of the fort, it looks pretty defensible, "This is where we are attacking, and were you shall find honor and vengeance on the heretics of the Arc, may she ever fly true!", "May she ever fly true!" you hear from most of the people here.

The assembled people whipped up by Hedra begin to move out of the tavern to travel to the fort, you follow Makdt who wearing her own loaned white cloak follows the mob of temple hunters.
(would you like to do anything while you travel to the fort to begin the assault?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 29, 2019, 06:57:04 pm »

We were able to track Rolio's soul, I wonder if we can track Ungas's soul in a similar way? or does it only work with souls we've...preyed on?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 29, 2019, 07:24:16 pm »

(Would you like to stand still for 5 minutes to find out?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 29, 2019, 07:30:33 pm »

(yes, we aren't leaving quite yet are we?)
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 168