Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 98332 times)

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #2280 on: November 22, 2019, 06:50:44 pm »

“Who was your husband?” you ask
"My husband was a human bard named Rollio Kimboldink, he went on a caravan to bring in cures and..." she tells you.

You think back to what race Rollio was, when he was alive he was a half orc, but of course zombies don't have race...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: November 22, 2019, 07:02:48 pm »

...oh  :-\

Sure, say that...
...and while we're at it, think back: was Rollo Kimboldnik an orc, perchance?

We had Rolio’s body, didn’t we confirm that he was human?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: November 22, 2019, 07:05:32 pm »

"Ah yes... I have been looking into the fate of Rollio, and I believe I have words for you on the matter."
"It seems the caravan of which you speak was attacked by the bandit Ungas and his men. Rollio died there-- by Rollio's own testimony, bandit Ungas slew him."

"I do not know exactly how... but Rollio returned to take vengeance upon his killer. You met him at the castle, yes? There was battle with the bandit Ungas... and I am afraid I do not know what happened next. From what I have heard and seen, I suspect Rollio entered fully into death once his vengeance upon bandit Ungas had been exacted."

"I... I knew your husband after a fashion, ma-'am. We did not have much chance to speak, but he seemed to me a noble man. I grieve at his death, and for your loss."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 07:15:47 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: November 22, 2019, 07:06:38 pm »

We had Rolio’s body, didn’t we confirm that he was human?
We confirmed he was humanoid. I never really thought to discern his race more thoroughly than that.

Addendum: try to recall the events surrounding our first assumption of Rollio.
Also, is it Kimboldink or Kimboldnik?
I'm fuzzy on the spelling here.

Addendum addendum: The image-link on that Makdt drawing you put up earlier appears to be broken... try putting it through Imgur maybe? I'm real excited to see it!  :D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 07:15:56 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: November 22, 2019, 07:10:11 pm »

Ah, why would we bring Rolio into this if he is not her husband?, if he is her husband it would make more sense to talk about him
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 07:12:37 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: November 22, 2019, 07:15:05 pm »

Oh huh, I didn't notice the discrepancy between "human bard" and "half-orc" there... maybe she's equating the two?
Also gahh spelling... it's "Rollio" now? I could have sworn it was "Rollo"... somebody help me out here please  :-X

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: November 22, 2019, 07:31:12 pm »

She asked about her husband, she said nothing about Rolio, you did which is what I’m asking about. We don’t know who her husband is, which is why we should ask before saying anything else

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: November 22, 2019, 07:43:43 pm »

Ah-- we checked that already, remember?

"My husband was a human bard named Rollio Kimboldink, he went on a caravan to bring in cures and..." she tells you.

So unless "Rollo", "Rolio" and "Rollio" are three different people, I think we're safe.

I mean, we could probably have deduced as much from what we've already seen. If you recall, Eryen was pretty shocked to see Rollio back at Ungas' castle, and they sure talked like husband and wife...

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: November 22, 2019, 07:45:54 pm »

Ah-- we checked that already, remember?

So unless "Rollo", "Rolio" and "Rollio" are three different people, I think we're safe.

I mean, we could probably have deduced as much from what we've already seen. If you recall, Eryen was pretty shocked to see Rollio back at Ungas' castle, and they sure talked like husband and wife...
Oh whoops, I somehow missed this, yes go with
"Ah yes... I have been looking into the fate of Rollio, and I believe I have words for you on the matter."
"It seems the caravan of which you speak was attacked by the bandit Ungas and his men. Rollio died there-- by Rollio's own testimony, bandit Ungas slew him."

"I do not know exactly how... but Rollio returned to take vengeance upon his killer. You met him at the castle, yes? There was battle with the bandit Ungas... and I am afraid I do not know what happened next. From what I have heard and seen, I suspect Rollio entered fully into death once his vengeance upon bandit Ungas had been exacted."

"I... I knew your husband after a fashion, ma-'am. We did not have much chance to speak, but he seemed to me a noble man. I grieve at his death, and for your loss."

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: November 22, 2019, 07:48:36 pm »

"Ah yes... I have been looking into the fate of Rollio, and I believe I have words for you on the matter." you tell her
"It seems the caravan of which you speak was attacked by the bandit Ungas and his men. Rollio died there-- by Rollio's own testimony, bandit Ungas slew him. I do not know exactly how... but Rollio returned to take vengeance upon his killer. You met him at the castle, yes? There was battle with the bandit Ungas... and I am afraid I do not know what happened next. From what I have heard and seen, I suspect Rollio entered fully into death once his vengeance upon bandit Ungas had been exacted. I... I knew your husband after a fashion, ma-'am. We did not have much chance to speak, but he seemed to me a noble man. I grieve at his death, and for your loss."
She takes this rather well, and besides some nods and a "Thank you." she is stoic as she slowly walks off in the direction of her home to the Neath side of town...

You try to recall the events that surrounded the first assimilation of Rollio; you recall that Ungas has caught Rollio trying to explore the forest cave entrance to the fort, it seems he was searching for a way to breach the elfan Pas and see the legendary dryad leader of the elfan nation in hopes of writing an epic of her beauty... this happened to coincide with you visiting and Ungas deemed it a worth test of your morals to deal with the intruder... you offered an alternative that would increase your ability to influence Ter as you had seen this Fimboldink talking to important people that wouldnt give Berny Anyface the time of day... Ungas was curious enough to agree and the assumption started pretty much after.

(His name was Roll-io Kim-bold-ink the mad & she called him a human because he isnt fully orc and there's some cultural stuff with orcs not accepting half orcs as orc there...)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: November 22, 2019, 07:57:59 pm »

Hooray, picture! It's nice to be able to put a face* to the character. :)
Also, spelling. Thank you.

That went rather well, all things considered! It's time to head back to the inn.

*well, half a face
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 08:01:09 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: November 22, 2019, 08:04:04 pm »

That went rather well, all things considered! It's time to head back to the inn.

*well, half a face
+1
Sorry for my accidental derailment due to missing s post

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: November 23, 2019, 04:54:43 am »

*well, half a face
+1
Sorry for my accidental derailment due to missing s post
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: November 23, 2019, 05:41:16 am »

You think that went rather well considering and head back to the inn package in hand.
You arrive at the Drunken Kenku without any further incident and walk inside to the familiar people, Urin the barkeep is busy serving drinks and points you over to the door to the back of the bar.

Makdt still seems busy talking to the other human man.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: November 23, 2019, 06:01:44 am »

Let us go through the door to finish our meat delivery quest.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 168