Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: Pure Nomic (Players Needed)  (Read 32806 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Pure Nomic
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2019, 07:37:54 pm »

Maybe if the person is an advanced player on two worlds, they have access to the fast travel option. (Like finding the Pokémon that can do it, one corresponding to each world.)

I'm getting real The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds- vibe from this train of thought.

zomg, I could do it where you pray to a Zues statue, and he zaps you there. Could be a different god/statue for each world. Hmm, which god is reminiscent of Pokémon....

OR maybe the statues/pokemon are in the other worlds, and you gotta find them...sorry my mind is going really fast.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 08:00:38 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2019, 08:04:51 pm »

Arceus is said to have created everything, though Zappos is said to create lightning, so I think Zeus’ analog would be Zappos, so a Zeus statue could be found in the Pokémon world and a Zappos statue in the Colloseum world, if I interpreted thoughts correctly. I think in seemingly disjointed but connected thoughts as well, so I am used to searching for patterns in thoughts. Your thoughts aren’t as disjointed as you think they are

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2019, 08:14:28 pm »

Ok, so Zapdos, and Zues.

Let's think how they would work.

Zapdos could be a PvE gladiator battle, and the Zues Statue could...
Awesome With Autism

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2019, 08:38:22 pm »

The Zeus statue could be at the top of the tallest building in Kanto...Pokémon Tower. If the player is touching the statue when it is struck by lightning, they get teleported to the Colloseum

Thoughts?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2019, 09:05:43 pm »

I like it!
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2019, 09:16:13 pm »

And if you only unlock one. Well then it's a one-way trip. (as far as fast travel)
)
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2019, 09:34:11 pm »

Fast Travel
Two Global Directors can agree on a means of Fast Travel from each of their worlds. This allows instant travel, but must require player action and at least 72 hours to obtain.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:37:22 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2019, 09:58:58 pm »

Had a whole different idea. Maybe beating the Fighting Gym with a fighting Pokémon.
...and I don't know what in CM.

(Just trying to brainstorm, I like the lightning one, now I am coming at it from having to do similar gameplay in the other game... Maybe in mine you command an animal to fight another...idk.)

Or maybe it is beat the Fighting Gym* to get access to the statue. *With any Pokémon to keep it simple.

I still not sure what for mine to you. But I think you will be able to approach Zapdos on a pedestal somewhere to get zapped.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:20:05 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2019, 11:59:24 pm »

Spirit Entity
Each player must choose a non-organizational entity that will act as their spiritual representative. What this means is determined by the rule set. Entities must be approved by the other players.

Reason: I have been watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure as of late and wanted to implement something like Stands. What these "stands" would actually do would be determined later.
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2019, 08:34:20 am »

When it comes moving between worlds why don't we just hail a cab, ride the bus, or something?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2019, 09:45:28 am »

I thought they were on different planets. They might not be, maybe the Colloseum could be where the Elite Four was. I thought they were on different planets hence the statues

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2019, 09:46:54 am »

Fast Travel
Two Global Directors can agree on a means of Fast Travel from each of their worlds. This allows instant travel, but must require player action and at least 72 hours to obtain.
I support this.

I'm thinking my world will be urban fantasy/sci-fi. Magic exists and it has rules that a scientist could determine meaning an engineer could use said magic to make magic tech.

I'm also thinking that it would resemble our world, so to speak, e.g. hand held magic mirrors with demons bound to them that serve the magic mirror's owner, I.e smart phones,

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2019, 10:33:19 am »

It seems like you are saying "Zappos" on purpose Nature. Is that a local name? In most English places it would be "Zapdos.
Awesome With Autism

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2019, 11:12:39 am »

Eschar's left (so can you remove him from the OP, Lib?), so Summoning Phantom Rules and Library Card actually have unanimous agreement for once.
Exact text:
"New rule: Every rule added, should be done exactly as proposed. Exceptions include: removal or addition of BBC formatting, removal or addition of indentation and spacing, removal of proposal clarifying text, and if the rule is effected by another rule.
New rule: If the proposer of a pending rule no longer supports it, it should be removed from the vote.
New rule: Conditional rules get a chance at passing whether or not the original rule passes or fails. After the original rule is passed, the descendant can be treated like a revision rule, but if the original rule fails, the descendant can still have a chance as a new rule."
and
"New Rule: If you wish to make a proposal that does not effect game mechanics, and that does not increase the total number of rules, put "Bookkeeping: " before the rest of the proposal title and this does not count against your daily proposal limit. Proposals that do not qualify must not have the word "Bookkeeping" in the title. You may only have up to 10 pending Bookkeeping proposals at any one time."

Other passes: Clarity Law, Global Settings, and Consequences Polished.
Exact text:
"A rule is not in effect until it is added to the OP."
"New Rule: Each Global Director has complete control over their own planet, and may choose the setting. They may have a link placed in the OP to one thread for the world.
New Rule: A Global Director's avatar can change from world to world to conform to the setting. The avatar can be killed by the world's Global Director upon losing a Gladiator Duel they agree to participate in against another Global Director. Global Directors must roleplay their character traveling by some method of their choosing when going from one world to another, and there is a minimum travel time of 15 minutes. Global Directors are always able to post freely in this thread, no matter what world their avatar is on.
New Rule: A Global Director may create duplicates of themselves to be on multiple worlds simultaneously, but if any Duplicate dies, they all do. If the Global Director that died respawns, the Global Directors of the worlds in which they had duplicates have the option to permit them to continue as if nothing ever happened. If duplicates travel to the same world they merge into the one that most recently active on the planet, and they do not need to roleplay arriving.
Rule Revision: If you kill a Global Director you must describe your character slaying theirs and must have an Avatar or Duplicate on the same planet as one of theirs."
"An accuser, who doesn't need to be a Global Director, must make an accusation by posting a Global Director's nickname in bold red font, and any supporting evidence of that Global Director having broken any rules. After posting the accusation the trial will last 48 hours, and there is no limit to the number of active trials. Any Global Director can support the accusation by suggesting a penalty; this can be death, a point fee of some amount and who it would go to if anyone, or both, or nothing at all. If 3 or more non-accuser Global Directors support the accusation when the trial has ended the defendant must suffer the penalty. The third highest penalty is to be enforced, going by death as the maximum and the number of points lost as the secondary scale. The Global Director to suggest the punishment is to carry it out within 1 week of the trial ending. Global Directors can change their suggested punishment or withdraw their support as desired throughout the trial."
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2019, 11:51:20 am »

I think that each Citizen's primary character must have a home world that said character lives on.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31