Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 53844 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2019, 08:18:17 am »

"...perhaps not. We could simply return the precious devices to their homes after we're finished. If we can go to those places, there is no reason why we cannot go back."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2019, 08:47:03 am »

With the group having finalized their preparations and in apparently high spirits, Friedhelm led them back to the Nexus, where he interfaced with some nearby instruments while he explained. "Now ideally, we want to cause as little damage as possible with these missions. As badly as we need the artifacts you'll be retrieving, it is paramount that we avoid exposing anyone to interworld travel. It's possible without the Nexus, and we don't want that knowledge to spread, or the War Breaker may not be the last threat to the Nexus. Moreover, we cannot police each world we come across. They will surely have their own struggles to meet, but it is up to them to meet it, not us. The target for this first world appears to be in a cave guarded by the undead. As far as I can tell, they were conjured by a sorceress specializing in necromancy to serve as her army... but she's either dead or captured, and I expect you'll be able to defeat them without too much trouble." There was a grinding of stone upon stone, and the green pool in the Nexus turned into a view of a sunny day, of a rocky path next to a mountain. "The Nexus is not terribly precise in terms of spacial positioning between worlds. This is as close as I can get you. The crystal that Ciera is holding should let me lock onto your position once you have obtained the artifact, so I can open the portal very close to you once you have it. I will need to close this one behind you however, for safety's sake."

"I don't want to ruin the heroic moods, but they may not see if that way...we'll be taking their magical treasures to defend them against a greater threat, but heroism is all a matter of proportion. We may save a world, to doom a kingdom. Or sacrifice the fate of one world for hundreds of worlds.

A million lives for one life is a cheap bargain...if you bear no love for the one."
Iris proclaimed gloomily.

"..."

"...perhaps not. We could simply return the precious devices to their homes after we're finished. If we can go to those places, there is no reason why we cannot go back."

"It may not end up being true of all the artifacts, but I suspect many of them will not survive the process required to transform their energies into the forms we need. It's possible that there may be nothing to return."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2019, 08:55:58 am »

Honestly the Dullahan was thankful that Friedhelm finally said something, which hopefully was going to push away that negative topic for now. The mention of undead did brighten his mood a tad, as it at least meant they weren't going to be truly harming unfortunate soldiers guarding a treasure.
"Fighting the undead? Now there's something interesting, this might be just the warm-up we need! I cannot remember if I thought those before...But I suspect they might be resilient but very slow."
"I do believe everyone is ready for combat, so you can send us whenever you are ready."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2019, 09:20:34 am »

The green-clad stranger merely stands, quite unmoved by the attempts at positivity from certain elements of the group. He does spare a glance, however, at Iris as she makes the potential for objection known, but quickly shifts his gaze onto the guardian afterward.
: "..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2019, 09:59:39 am »

"Sometimes sacrifices must be made for the greater good."

That was something Vahn felt in his old bones. He didn't know exactly why, but he felt like that was something important to him.

"Let's see what these artifacts are before we start worrying about what taking them will do. Shall we go?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2019, 10:00:51 am »

Catherine elects not to comment on Iris' comments. They don't have enough information - although, "item that conjures an undead army" didn't sound like the kind of world-saving relic that would be missed. Hopefully the others would be of similar nature.

"Undead... that will be interesting. I wonder how they keep moving when the muscles start to rot..." she started to mutter to herself, and then snapped out of it when the portal opened. "How do we know which way to start walking?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2019, 10:05:25 am »

Having successfully ruined the heroic mood, Iris continued on in her usual ice pond, placid tone.

"What is our target for this mission supposed to look like? Have we any way of identifying the artifact in question? I'd hate to go to all the trouble and find out we stole the sorceresses traditional winter hoop skirt."

"Sometimes sacrifices must be made for the greater good."

Iris had merely nodded to the old mans words. She was in perfect agreement...though that wasn't the same as feeling good about it. She sensed her ideals in this manner were usually selfish, not selfless. The greater good had once only been her own...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2019, 10:08:35 am »

The green-clad stranger merely stands, quite unmoved by the attempts at positivity from certain elements of the group. He does spare a glance, however, at Iris as she makes the potential for objection known, but quickly shifts his gaze onto the guardian afterward.

"..."

Catherine elects not to comment on Iris' comments. They don't have enough information - although, "item that conjures an undead army" didn't sound like the kind of world-saving relic that would be missed. Hopefully the others would be of similar nature.

"Undead... that will be interesting. I wonder how they keep moving when the muscles start to rot..." she started to mutter to herself, and then snapped out of it when the portal opened. "How do we know which way to start walking?"

"The entrance to the cave should be nearby. I don't imagine you'll have much trouble finding it. The gate is open, so you can all proceed through whenever you're ready."

Having successfully ruined the heroic mood, Iris continued on in her usual ice pond, placid tone.

"What is our target for this mission supposed to look like? Have we any way of identifying the artifact in question? I'd hate to go to all the trouble and find out we stole the sorceresses traditional winter hoop skirt."

"Ciera is carrying a crystal that will glow in close proximity to the item. It's magically charged, so it's possible you'll be able to identify it by holding it, though that won't necessarily be the case. It should be a thick, heavy grimoire."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2019, 10:12:52 am »

Vahn was the first through the gate. Better an old man with little fuel left in the fire be the first through; there was no need for the younger, stronger people to stumble into a potentially dangerous situation first.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2019, 10:18:18 am »

The act of stepping through the gate was slightly unsettling. There was a brief moment of what could only be described as bodily confusion, like being disoriented or drunk for a split second as Vahn crossed from one world to the next. Not long enough to cause nausea, or real discomfort, but there nonetheless. But on the other side seemed a very normal place. Green grass, grey stone, blue sky and warm sun. A gentle breeze blew across Vahn's face, in contrast to the still air in the Nexus temple. To his left, a hole in a mountain was open, though it seemed innocuous enough at a glance.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 01, 2019, 10:20:38 am »

Iris readied her brush and easel in an artistic battle stance, and followed the rest of the group into the breach. The disorientation of gravity loss was less strenuous to her than the others, perhaps...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 10:26:36 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2019, 10:22:48 am »

"..."

"...?"

Julius wasn't quite sure what to think of Iris's statement, but seeing the gate open up decided there wasn't time to dwell on that now.

"Well let us be onwards then. There's a cosmos that needs saving." he exclaimed, and strode into the gate a little bit faster than necessary.

It's FEF, not FEOF

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2019, 10:25:13 am »

For Vahn, the world spun and twisted, the walls of the armory of the Nexus spiraling away like the universe was unwinding. There was an instance - no more than a moment - of deep, gut-wrenching nausea... and then reality spun the other way as his foot touched the ground, and he was standing in a valley near a mountain. Far off, he could hear bird song; nearby was the entrance to the cave they were very likely meant to delve.

"So, this is another world. Counting the Nexus this would be the third one I've walked."

He leaned on his staff and waited for the others to appear - no use talking to himself, or continuing forward on his own - and it was but a moment before the artist appeared.

"A fine day, isn't it? Wherever this is."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 10:28:42 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2019, 10:29:42 am »

Catherine walked through without much pause, once Vahn was on the other side. She briefly shook her head as she was disoriented by the passage, but it passed quickly.

"I wonder if any of us are from this world?" she asked idly. "In any case, that was an interesting experience..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2019, 10:29:57 am »

There was no reason for him to argue about what was right or wrong at the moment, especially when there were things to be done. So instead he focused on the task on hand, pointing a gloved finger towards the portal before marching forward.
"There is no time to be wasted, let us move!"
Moving through the portal was quite the odd and unpleasant sensation, but thankfully it wasn't something that lasted too long. When he spotted Vahn, he raised a hand for a brief moment.
"Excellent, it seems the portal works just fine. And if I had to guess...The hole in that mountain is one of the possible locations of the relic, correct? He did say he was going to bring us close to the location."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 73