Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 37830 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy
« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2019, 05:42:55 am »

((Whoops. Missed that. I'll edit it.))

Hotfire90

« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2019, 05:32:43 pm »

Head back and explore the other room.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 25, 2019, 03:58:14 pm »

Frank gives Sherry a thumbs up.

"Now, you're not gonna kill anyone, right?"

Entering the new room, Frank immediately moves to investigate the console on the right.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)

The console is fairly basic. There's a computer console, and a panel with a bunch of buttons and gauges. Next to the console is what looks like a key slot for an car engine, but about as wide as your hand. Everything is currently powered down.

"I found some drugs if anyone cares."
Go into the room with everyone else.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)

Enter the room.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)

These intrepid adventurers explore along with their comrades.

Oh? What have you found out so far? I have some chemistry knowledge and may be able to glean more info. Can I see them?
See if my chemistry knowledge can help me figure out more about the drugs
(Sorry about the double posting. It won’t happen again)

(1 5) You're not sure exactly, but it doesn't seem to be anything too fancy.

Frank gives Sherry a thumbs up.

"Now, you're not gonna kill anyone, right?"
"Probably not. I'm not that good at killing. But, you know what they say, 'never say never'.
Hmmm. Wait, do parasites count as 'anyone'? Because I might have to try to kill more of those."

Just observe Frank's efforts and shoot a couple of pictures of the place if I see anything interesting.

You take a few photos of the layout, but noting really jumps out at you.

Examine the picture on that lighter I found. How does it make me feel?

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)

How it makes you feel depends entirely on your proclivities.

Take a gander around the room. Try using my "special spectral vision" to see if there are any specters or ghostlies around.

Do not share this information with anyone. Crass doesn't want the whole town to know he's seeing the dead everywhere he goes.

Spoiler: Crass (click to show/hide)

(4) You hear some faint echoes, but you don't think there's anything nearby.

Head back and explore the other room.

By 'the other room' I'm going to assume you're talking about the unexplored doorway.

Past the doorway is a short hallway. On the left side of the hallway is an electrical panel of some sort, set into the wall. There is a large switch that seems less dusty than the rest. There is a dead body slumped against the right side wall. When you examine the body, you discover it to be one of the excavators. The back of his head is blown out, and he holds a pistol in his hand. At the end of the hallway is a large metal door, which seems to be locked.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 25, 2019, 04:05:01 pm »

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
Explore the room. Head to where the others haven't been yet
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:56:37 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #214 on: October 25, 2019, 04:08:03 pm »

Proclivities? I dunno, never tried one of those. Is that like horseshoe tossing or something?
Maybe I can figure out if I like proclivities by looking at the image? Or maybe by looking at something else. I like looking at my sword, it makes me feel big and strong, powerful!

No, wait, look at the image, then look at the humans. Compare. Do the real humans look the same as the image human? Maybe we could use this too... learn something about humans? Uh, about how humans portray themselves in artwork! That's it!

(Be distracted by my own thoughts for a bit.)

It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 25, 2019, 09:00:03 pm »

Putter around the new cave for a moment considering it's potential for future habitation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 25, 2019, 09:09:23 pm »

Frank scans the computer console carefully, nodding to himself every now and then.

"I think I know how to get this thing working. Tends to work on everything, actually."

With that being said, Frank decides to perform "Percussive Maintenance", and gives the machine a hefty (but still somehow loving) punch.

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 26, 2019, 08:19:44 am »

"Hey anybody think this archway looks weird, or is it just me?"
Go examine the large metal archway in the room with the computer, and see if its a door that been blocked.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #218 on: October 26, 2019, 12:13:55 pm »

Do I know anything about the history of this area? Is this design normal for old world facilities? Or could this be some significant installation?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 26, 2019, 06:50:23 pm »

Clean up the room a bit.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Hotfire90

« Reply #220 on: October 26, 2019, 08:42:05 pm »

Take the pistol then flip the switch.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2019, 11:38:29 pm »

Let's do a little bit of forensic investigation 

The most likely scenario was the corpse here shot themselves in the head, but it can't help to double check. Inspect the body for defensive wounds or signs that point towards a struggle, then check the pistol to see how many shots were fired.

If you didn't plan on one of your players to start examining a random body you decided added to the scene on a whim, then disregard my entire action and have Crass smoke a cigarette in the corner.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 12:48:01 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 27, 2019, 12:47:17 am »

(You know, the corpse might have shot itself in the head.  It might have been a puppeted body by one of those puppeteer things.  So the already-dead corpse shot itself in the head.)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 27, 2019, 12:50:56 am »

(Important piece of evidence? A clue as to what the previous monsters are? A prop with the same significance as a potted plant? Who knows? We will, next turn on "One Day in Underville: It Lurks in our Hearts".)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2019, 03:47:47 am »

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
Explore the room. Head to where the others haven't been yet

Nora finds no new areas, other than the locked door in the short hallway.

Proclivities? I dunno, never tried one of those. Is that like horseshoe tossing or something?
Maybe I can figure out if I like proclivities by looking at the image? Or maybe by looking at something else. I like looking at my sword, it makes me feel big and strong, powerful!

No, wait, look at the image, then look at the humans. Compare. Do the real humans look the same as the image human? Maybe we could use this too... learn something about humans? Uh, about how humans portray themselves in artwork! That's it!

(Be distracted by my own thoughts for a bit.)

Well, you are technically, to a certain degree, human. However, whatever affect that has on your preference, in addition to the continuing nature vs nurture debate, none can say.

The human in the image doesn't seem to care about clothing. Maybe humans in the old world were advanced enough to put aside their shame, like those doves in that magazine you found under your dads bed that one time. Perhaps they were simply too primitive to have discovered clothing. There's so much left to discover about the way the old world humans lived!

Putter around the new cave for a moment considering it's potential for future habitation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The cave has the sturdiness of any old world artificial structure. But it's a bit boring, and the threat of eldritch horrors could get troublesome.

Frank scans the computer console carefully, nodding to himself every now and then.

"I think I know how to get this thing working. Tends to work on everything, actually."

With that being said, Frank decides to perform "Percussive Maintenance", and gives the machine a hefty (but still somehow loving) punch.

Frank doesn't achieve much. The entire system seems to be lacking power.

"Hey anybody think this archway looks weird, or is it just me?"
Go examine the large metal archway in the room with the computer, and see if its a door that been blocked.

The archway seems to lead directly into a smooth stone wall.

Do I know anything about the history of this area? Is this design normal for old world facilities? Or could this be some significant installation?

(6 8 history) This place seems to be connected to the old world infrastructure. You know nothing of the history of this particular site, or the nature of this structure. Come to think of it, it's actually a bit odd that this kind of structure hasn't come up. This place is obviously not remote, as it seems to have been designed as a high traffic area, yet you hasn't heard of anything even remotely similar to it.

Clean up the room a bit.

Arp dust stuff off and starts sorting the rubble.

Take the pistol then flip the switch.

Alice pockets the pistol, after the investigation below. Then flips the switch on the control panel. There is an electrical buzz, and a number of lights on the panel turn on.

A light on the door turns on.

Let's do a little bit of forensic investigation 

The most likely scenario was the corpse here shot themselves in the head, but it can't help to double check. Inspect the body for defensive wounds or signs that point towards a struggle, then check the pistol to see how many shots were fired.

If you didn't plan on one of your players to start examining a random body you decided added to the scene on a whim, then disregard my entire action and have Crass smoke a cigarette in the corner.

The corpse does indead appear to have shot themself, and the pistol (which is of underville make) is missing a single bullet in the magazine. While Crass is searching the body, he finds in it's other hand is another one of those metal punchcards, except this one is broken in half.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch console, things start to kick into gear. The console whirs to life, and the screen turns on.

Quote from: Console
--WARNINGE--
System shutdown was triggered by unusual energy readings

Re-ignition Required to proceed

Status *POWER RESTORED*
Ignition port *LOCKED*
Transporter *CLOSED*
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22