Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423896 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: SARS-Cov-2: SARS Harder
« Reply #450 on: March 03, 2020, 04:16:57 pm »

All the pharmacies in my area have run out of hand sanitizer, and have started stocking medical masks. People are buying up a lot of food. There are plans to go to the army and Navy surplus shop in Limerick to buy gas masks radiating around the Village. Things are very tense.
I'm kind of worried that the whole situation might impact negatively in that job I was pursuing

On one hand, they'll need more doctors. On the other hand, it's easier for lazy/incompetent people to reject an applicant on a suspicion than test you for anything.

Good news is, most of the lazy and incompetent management will weed themselves out for you.
But they'll need mostly more NCHDs which I am not (and am not interested in being). I'm worried about suspicion being a problem.
Mind you this is specifically about job prospects abroad. At home... well I could possibly get something, but not at home home, but elsewhere in Spain. I wrote today to Madrid but I'd rather not go.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 04:32:47 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 03, 2020, 05:47:05 pm »

At work today, they gave us a briefing about washing hands and using sanitizer, and if infected stay home and take a medical leave if necessary. Then my boss made a loud fake cough(I hope it was fake, he was right behind me) and everyone laughed.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 03, 2020, 05:58:47 pm »

Installing shit on a customer's computer and I'm seeing their Windows 10 email alerts come across their screen.....all mentioning Corona Virus.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 03, 2020, 06:01:03 pm »

You know what's fun? Trying to figure out if you're sick when your baseline is allergies and mild sleep deprivation, but right now it's also hot and humid and you haven't been sleeping for however long it's been (a week? 3?) because of ptsd.

Installing shit on a customer's computer and I'm seeing their Windows 10 email alerts come across their screen.....all mentioning Corona Virus.

It takes them longer to notice if you do it inside of the case.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 03, 2020, 06:03:20 pm »

First case in North Carolina, straight from that one nursing home in Washington! Desolation approaches!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 03, 2020, 06:05:02 pm »

RIP Best Carolina, it was tolerable while it lasted.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 03, 2020, 06:07:30 pm »

Shopping right now is surreal. I went to the supermarket late Monday night after work, and some things were completely out of stock, oats for one, but they had just fully stocked the canned foods section. Had to go back the next night for a few things and the entire canned food section was virtually empty again, except for some expensive stuff and a few other things such as those cheapo-brand canned pre-cooked spaghetti in tomato sauce. Everyone realizes that stuff is a waste of space when you can just buy dried pasta.

A lot of workers on the floor restocking. So they're apparently restocking at night then it empties again by the next night.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 06:10:11 pm by Reelya »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 03, 2020, 06:11:42 pm »

The first of however many dead cat bounces has happened fiscally - Dow Jones down by over 700 again after an interest rate cut on Monday.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 03, 2020, 10:25:45 pm »

The first of however many dead cat bounces has happened fiscally - Dow Jones down by over 700 again after an interest rate cut on Monday.

The real bubonic plague victims here.  Would somebody think of the investors?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 03, 2020, 10:38:25 pm »

I mean, sure. Can't figure out how to cook billionaire tartare without thinking about the investors.

Actually, do day traders count as garnish, or...?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 03, 2020, 11:04:03 pm »

And robinhood went down.  muh puts!  muh puuuuuuuts!
Shoes...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 04, 2020, 06:18:35 am »

At a Woolworth's supermarket in Sydney there was an incident. There was a fight over a roll of toilet paper, and one woman pulled a knife. The correct term here is Roid Rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 04, 2020, 06:29:57 am »

At a Woolworth's supermarket in Sydney there was an incident. There was a fight over a roll of toilet paper, and one woman pulled a knife. The correct term here is Roid Rage.

It's time to restart the best gameshow ever made: Supermarket Sweep

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 04, 2020, 06:35:15 am »

BTW people are starting to scalp extremely expensive toilet paper online.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Quilton-36-Pack-Toilet-Paper-Toilet-Roll-3-ply/233514257067

It's the nice 3-ply stuff and a bulk 36-roll pack.
A mere $350 Australian dollars. May I hear starting bids now?
And let me point out I didn't even single that one out for price. There are single rolls for > $100.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 04, 2020, 06:35:36 am »

The correct term here is Roid Rage.
It's 2020 goddamnit. They promised we'd have droid rage by now.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 459