Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423673 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Jopax here California.  Anyone who get vax on of after may 27 this year can get $50 gift card.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got nothing[1]. I feel robbed.

(I also had my 2nd jab the other day. I again got muscle-aches and other symptoms across most of my body, starting maybe 6 hours or so after the event - though not anywhere as bad as the 1st Jab response. I'm now pretty much back to normal except for my jab-site hurting something rotten.)

I also lost my chance to post this parody (the original is on this page, and I had fun making mine, just a day before it became obsolete), but I'm fairly certain this other will still come in handy for something, probably on another thread...

[1] Actually, the 'bribe' in England is that doubly-vaccinated people (and under-18s, as a sop to their status of 'not expected to be jabbed') can ignore the current self-isolation orders based on known-contact. I'm not sure if the PCR-test alternative is a replacement or just 'a suggestion'. I have no idea how this affects me, though. Probably doesn't.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Jopax here California.  Anyone who get vax on of after may 27 this year can get $50 gift card.

*sigh*. Coulda used that money.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

$50 gift card.
Gift card to what, tho? Target? Walmart?
or, heaven forbid, APPLEBEES?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile

I know it doesn't pay the bills, but the 2-3 month head start I got on some peace of mind and more collective ability to slow the spread is worth any lack of monetary incentive to me.

Unrelated, but in hindsight with the naming standard change, I have pretty much no idea where the Delta variant is prevalent right now.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unrelated, but in hindsight with the naming standard change, I have pretty much no idea where the Delta variant is prevalent right now.
Hard to say. You need variant-testing. Apparently 90% of UK cases (with a new wave clearly happening) are Delta. But one can assume that (parts of?) India are awash with it, with a low rate of positive confirmation.

There was mention of .za being another place with high incidence, but they're another with variant-detecting expertise (they picked up the strain now known as Beta, originally) so its more likely to be just known more rather than particularly more incident than amongst less (publically) informative jurisdictions.

If Delta came from India (it could have just as easily have been taken to there) then it's probably found itself passed onto most of the world. Either directly or via another nation (UK, e.g.) that is now a hub despite all the best-planned travel-lockdowns (and, honestly, travel lockdowns have generally not been best-planned).

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Delta is quickly becoming old news.
It's Lambda (from Peru) that's hip and new now
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Here all prognoses points to Delta becoming the prevailing variant but so far (or, well, as of a few days ago) it's mainly contained to particular regions.

Delta is quickly becoming old news.
It's Lambda (from Peru) that's hip and new now

Close enough
Love, scriver~

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile

According to the Daily Mail (citing the CDC) Delta is now the dominant strain in the USA.  They also claim that it is the dominant strain in the UK.  Fiji has been overrun by the Delta variant, as have many places in SE-Asia like Vietnam.

So much for the absurd predictions that Covid would not mutate...

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good news.  Been on vacation this week.

Bad news.  I got Freedom Covid for my 4th.  I guess... never bothered getting tested - started with a bit of a fever, raw throat, dry cough, headaches...  2nd or 3rd day I wondered about my sense of smell, and opened up my tin of Tiger Balm.  Yep, only the faintest trace of a scent.  (Tried the Vicks Vapo-rub, too, same.)  Figured I'm staying at home for vacay anyway, so I'll just self-quarantine.

And yes, I did get vaccinated already.  The counties near me in my state are showing an uptick in Delta.  This is my 2nd time, 1st was just after Thanksgiving.   Hmm..  what's the next holiday I should watch out for?

No clue where I would have picked it up, but then my state is around 37% vaccinated anyway.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got shot.
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I shot the sheriff
But the deputee was anti-vax
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

I got shot.
Im guessing that we should see the other guy.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

haha good ones, they were very nice... I left them with a hole in the belly though since I ordered food when they had me waiting  ;) I scheduled myself such that I could bring food at work, AND IM GOING TO DO IT AGAIN IN A MONTH
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

I got both shots. Forgot which vaccine it was though. No side effects
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 459