Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423810 times)

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:New Year, New Variant Edition
« Reply #6465 on: February 11, 2022, 05:42:37 am »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: February 11, 2022, 05:46:31 am »

Kids and schools are angry with our government that they cannot get a booster. Our health service concluded that there is not much positive effect for boostering kids under 15 years of age.

The kids really want boosters though, or they cannot go on their final-year school trips to Italy or Germany, kids are not welcome there without booster.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: February 11, 2022, 11:19:42 am »

There could be another variant but you dont need one. Omicron can infect you while vaccinated and it can re-infect you every few weeks. Even disregarding deaths and long covid, no society can run with a huge percentage of the population getting disabled by covid over and over.

I predict another U turn by western goverments in a few weeks, once the insanity of all this becomes clear and they bring back masks and social distancing.

I don't care if I catch Omicron. I'm vaccinated and boosted and the worst I'll get is a minor case. I don't care about omicron any more than I do about the flu.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: February 11, 2022, 11:33:42 am »

And you kept the mask as long as the mandate stood?

On one hand, good for you, on the other hand everything is so pointless... We're thaught two things in young years: do the minimum and you will be left alone, and you can do anything you want except getting caught, those are the real lessons, the curriculum is folklore. Result: there exist people more concerned about traffic tickets than they are concerned about flying out the front windshield.

let

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: February 11, 2022, 11:41:20 am »

And you kept the mask as long as the mandate stood?

Of course. I'm not the kind of asshole that makes drama for minimum wage workers forced to enforce the masks.

I'm just going to drop them the very second it's no longer mandated.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: February 11, 2022, 12:20:19 pm »

I don't care about my fellow human beings. I'm vaccinated and boosted and the worst I'll get is a few annoying funerals to attend with terrible coffee and even worse cake. I don't care about your wellbeing any more than I do about the cute puppy I just crushed under my boots.

Fixed that for you

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: February 11, 2022, 01:31:19 pm »

I don't care about my fellow human beings. I'm vaccinated and boosted and the worst I'll get is a few annoying funerals to attend with terrible coffee and even worse cake. I don't care about your wellbeing any more than I do about the cute puppy I just crushed under my boots.

Fixed that for you

That looks an awful lot like a personal attack, maybe you should remember the forum guidelines before you do things like this.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: February 11, 2022, 01:32:41 pm »

Looks like I've got COVID again. Luckily the CDC says you can go back to work pretty quickly after getting sick even though you're still contagious, which my employer agrees with. No idea how I keep getting sick.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: February 11, 2022, 01:43:00 pm »

That looks an awful lot like a personal attack, maybe you should remember the forum guidelines before you do things like this.
Nah, I'm just holding up a mirror

Looks like I've got COVID again. Luckily the CDC says you can go back to work pretty quickly after getting sick even though you're still contagious, which my employer agrees with. No idea how I keep getting sick.
Stay safe and well
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 01:46:23 pm by martinuzz »

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: February 11, 2022, 01:50:09 pm »

Fixed that for you

Damn man, sounds like projection. Get well soon!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: February 11, 2022, 01:50:56 pm »

It's (knowingly or unknowingly) letting contagious people mix with others[1] that keeps on making new contagious people.

Anyway... interesting sub-versions of Omicron are doing the rounds.

(It looks like various studies disagree on specifics. c.f. the UK study's "This preliminary analysis suggested that vaccines are more effective against BA.2 than against BA.1." and later the Dk study's "However, this study found that the degree of protection that vaccines conferred was lower against BA.2 than BA.1." Could just be random noise/regression towards the mean.)

[1] I think early ends to lockdowns has done more to do this than overlooking, or being unaware of, various individuals breaking the rules when they still enforced. Though people are going to break the rules more once they see that others do, so it might also be an accelerating effect that the official end of precautions effectively makes a smooth gradient with.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: February 11, 2022, 02:01:08 pm »

I am sorry if I offended you, but after half a dozen of pages of posts with people saying that you don't wear facemasks for your own protection, but moreso to protect more vulnerable others, and trying to explain to you the basis of civilized conduct (compassion and caring), you keep repeating 'I'm young and healthy and vaccinated so I'm not at risk'.
Someone had to hold you a mirror of how your contempt for fellow men comes across to many others.
Don't shoot the messenger.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 04:37:38 pm by martinuzz »

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: February 11, 2022, 02:01:57 pm »

I am sorry if I offended you, but after half a dozen of posts with people saying that you don't wear facemasks for your own protection, but moreso to protect more vulnerable others, and trying to explain to you the basis of civilized conduct (compassion and caring), you keep repeating 'I'm young and healthy and vaccinated so I'm not at risk', someone had to hold you a mirror of how your contempt for fellow men comes across to many others.
That's cool. Still not wearing a mask after the mandates end. Good enough for the health officials, good enough for me!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: February 11, 2022, 02:23:47 pm »

Except that it isn't. Apart from that, impeccable logic.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: February 11, 2022, 02:31:32 pm »

I mean, it obviously is. If the health officials are lifting it, then it must be good enough for the health officials.
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 459