00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 239013 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #405 on: March 05, 2020, 01:13:10 am »

Yeah, nice to put off that ugly talk for later. For now, we need to figure out how to satisfy Billy's curiosity without giving him the whole truth... lying about this probably wouldn't go so well. We saw what happened when we tried that with Mother Nicole.

Smirk a little. "Yeah, that's what I thought..."

"If you must know, I got one of their weapons to blow its reactor. Turns out those things have a lot of power in 'em, if you can bypass whatever makes them shoot off neat little las-bolts... stupid dangerous thing to try. Real pretty lights tho."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 05, 2020, 01:21:22 am »

[2]"Can you show me?" Are the first words out of William's mouth. He's staring expectantly at you, "We've got a few buildings still standing for you to use as target practice." A smile curves his lips, "New tricks are always useful. Explain it to me? That'll work too."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 05, 2020, 02:00:00 am »

That's... about the worst thing that coulda come out of Billy's mouth just now. Low roll.  :-X
If somebody has some weasel words to get outta this, great... otherwise, I'm just gonna come clean 'cos I don't really see any other options right now.

...Vague. Clean and vague.

"...I'll be honest with you, I don't know how I do it. I just know it makes my head hurt when I think about it too much. I'd show you, but what with the blood coming out my eyes frankly I'm kinda worried I'd kill myself if I tried right now."

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 05, 2020, 02:26:13 am »

That's... about the worst thing that coulda come out of Billy's mouth just now. Low roll.  :-X
If somebody has some weasel words to get outta this, great... otherwise, I'm just gonna come clean 'cos I don't really see any other options right now.

...Vague. Clean and vague.

"...I'll be honest with you, I don't know how I do it. I just know it makes my head hurt when I think about it too much. I'd show you, but what with the blood coming out my eyes frankly I'm kinda worried I'd kill myself if I tried right now."
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 05, 2020, 02:44:05 am »

[-]"Pheobe! You've got to start trusting me more! I'm not a bad guy." He pulls two beers from the fridge, popping them open and handing you one. "You know my secret, and hell, I think I just figured out your's."

With a draw from his drink, he smiles at you over the top of it, a predatory grin that's equal parts triumph and giddy glee.

[15] William ignores you, but he begins to explain, never once directly stating the obvious, giving you room on purpose. "Have you ever heard of the Barons of Steel? Now, imagine this. Nine-foot tall men of metal, slaughtering everything in their path with burning hot las-fire. Wielding guns bigger than me."

"You kill one, through concentrated fire, and pop open its shell-- in it is a person. Well, more like a torso, hooked up to all kinds of machines in this shell. But, not a [demon], not some amorphous rending, tearing abomination. A man. Well, you ask yourself, how did this person get like this?"

He slips something from his pocket, setting it on the table, haphazardly wobbling it as he speaks. Its an auto-injector with a red thorn on the cheap plastic. "And you ask yourself, how do I become this? A monster with no pain, no feeling, no mercy. Just pure aggression and strength?"

"Now, what secrets could we learn from another [demon]? A willing participant, no less! Food for thought, right?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 05, 2020, 03:02:53 am »

This guy is bad news...

"An interesting proposal, but a metal shell like that would limit the
versatility of the combatant.  Furthermore, pure aggression and strength, to the exclusion of all other qualities, even further limit the soldier's capabilities.  That really only makes sense for cannon-fodder with limited skills."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 05, 2020, 03:04:53 am »

Somebody explain to me: what's this secret of Billy's we supposedly know? The business with Pollyanna?

Anyway, we're hurt. We're feeling kinda horrible about ourself. Now this guy wants to harness the worst of us to do something horrible. The time has come for sharp words.

"I will not be made a monster, Billy Thornton. Do not try to use me like one."

"Let me make one thing clear: everything I did for you tonight? Protection for a friend. Protection for myself. Nothing more. I want no part of the devastation you seem to have in mind."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 03:16:56 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 05, 2020, 03:23:07 am »

I doubt this guy cares overly much about our feelings and desires.  He's insane.  My thought is that it is better to be coldly practical with him, try to convince him that letting us go and not experimenting on us is in his best interest.

The secret is that he killed Polly, his girlfriend and Emma's best friend.  He also killed Polly's father after the latter tried to personally seek vengeance against him.  William told Emma, however, that Polly was killed by someone else and he also told her that Polly's father died in an unrelated house fire.  He probably wouldn't want us to tell Emma what really happened.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 05, 2020, 03:27:58 am »

[9] "You're right!" William beams at you, "Now, imagine losing the shell, keeping the enhanced reflexes and strength? Could you imagine say, a teenage girl, carrying the same weight that slows down a trained soldier, with ease? Hopping around the battlefield, able to infiltrate and lead in the destruction of say, a Family compound? You could send her to the Holy City with a rifle and the entire place could be destroyed in a week!"

He goes silent when you deliver your sharp rebuttal, the smile falling from his face. For a moment, he imitates a pet that's just been kicked, all pouts and small frowns.

"I never said anything of the sort, Pheobe, and it hurts me that you think I would do something like -that- to you. 'All a human wants to do is learn'," A wicked smile curves his lips, as he quotes SEED scripture to you, "Call it future protection for when the [demons] come back. I'm sure you haven't heard the rumors, but dark things are stirring in the west, Phebe. Outlander villages vanishing overnight, [insects] never seen before, with hard metal shells and ripping teeth."

[-]He hesitates, venturing then with trepidation, "How would you like to meet my father, Pheobe? You still have a few days of vacation. I'm sure he'd love to see Emma again, and her..." William pauses, searching for the word, teasing in an overly familiar way, "Friend? Lover? Sister?"

Then, much more somberly, "I'm not threatening you, or my baby sister, by the way, before you think badly of me. I love Emma, and I'd put a pulse in the old man's head before he touched a hair on her's."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 05, 2020, 03:43:54 am »

The secret is that he killed Polly, his girlfriend and Emma's best friend.  He also killed Polly's father after the latter tried to personally seek vengeance against him.  William told Emma, however, that Polly was killed by someone else and he also told her that Polly's father died in an unrelated house fire.  He probably wouldn't want us to tell Emma what really happened.

Right, just making sure I didn't miss something. Thank you.

"I'm not threatening you, or my baby sister, by the way, before you think badly of me. I love Emma, and I'd put a pulse in the old man's head before he touched a hair on her's."

"...I believe that much, at least."

"I'll consider this visit of yours. For now, I need rest. You keep my secret, and I'll keep yours."

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 05, 2020, 03:55:25 am »

"I'm not threatening you, or my baby sister, by the way, before you think badly of me. I love Emma, and I'd put a pulse in the old man's head before he touched a hair on her's."

"I'll consider this visit of yours. For now, I need rest. You keep my secret, and I'll keep yours."

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 05, 2020, 06:50:46 am »

+1
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 05, 2020, 10:12:07 am »

+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 05, 2020, 01:17:27 pm »

William nods, sipping his drink. He rises to his feet and offers you his hand. "Let's get to the ship; I'll drop you off closer to the Academy."

The dropship ride is short and sweet, the only thing interrupting the silence is the idle chit-chat of the squad, relaxed and at peace, and the occasional cries of the baby. The soldiers good-naturedly pass the child around, and there's a lot of jokes at Gem's expense when the baby falls asleep, tucked up against the hard plates of her vest.

William keeps his word, dropping you off fairly close to the Academy. The walk there still takes too long for your spinning head. A man in a great-coat waits at the gate, and you realize its Brother Hop in Crusader Scout armor.

"Late night parties with gentlemen suitors are the last thing I would expect you to be doing, Child Gainer. Pass me your gun and vest; I'll put them away somewhere for you." You obey, and William takes his leave with a nod.

"Say goodbye to Emma for me, will you? I've caused her enough stress, and I don't want to go waking her up at midnight to say goodbye."

Brother Hop leaves you to stagger into the dormitory alone. Once there, you find Emma curled up at the dining room table, sleeping. You nudge her awake. When she finally rouses herself, you can tell she's relieved to see you in one piece. You murmur an excuse, leaving her in the dining room and collapse into your bed.

[17] You sleep soundly, no dreams interrupting your slumber.

You awake in the middle of the third day with a pounding headache from last night.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 05:39:14 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 05, 2020, 05:47:00 pm »

I'm not sure what would be the best use of our time, but I thought it might be pleasant to spend some time bonding with Emma and try to figure out how she feels about us.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 381