00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240284 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #495 on: March 08, 2020, 12:23:44 pm »

Eesh, good thing we're wearing gloves... wouldn't want to explain that injury.

On the other hand, this way we got to practice our Healing Factor some more! :D

Food is good. First though, go wash our face off.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 12:28:29 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 08, 2020, 12:35:35 pm »

what did we get on our face?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 08, 2020, 12:37:47 pm »

We're bleeding out one eye. Another injury I'd rather not have to explain to our fellow academians.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 08, 2020, 12:39:03 pm »

We're bleeding out one eye. Another injury I'd rather not have to explain to our fellow academians.
ah yes, that

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 08, 2020, 04:05:59 pm »

[7]You pull your mesh over your face and make your way back to the Academy to wash your face. It's a little weird for you to be at the gate with your face covered, but you don't know any other place with free running water. It makes the trip back to town, especially annoying since you have to backtrack past your previous cover. But while it takes more time, your face is now free of blood.

[-]You find a small restaurant that caters to the working class of the town. You pay [.1 credits] in local currency for entry, but you can eat as much as you like. The choices aren't too unusual, but the stew is filling, and the bread has a little bit of salt to add flavor. You eat your money's worth and then some, waiting around casually so as not to arouse suspicion. When you're finally full, you leave the eatery, stepping back on to the cobbled street of the town. Snow begins to drift down from the night sky.

Is there anything you'd like to do?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 08, 2020, 04:21:25 pm »

I think I'm ready to bring this week to a close. Only question is: do we want to send word of any recent events through Brother Hop? If so, how much do we want to tell him?

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 08, 2020, 04:30:16 pm »

I think I'm ready to bring this week to a close. Only question is: do we want to send word of any recent events through Brother Hop? If so, how much do we want to tell him?
i don’t think we need to tell him anything

Let’s practice shapeshifting, something minor, like lengthening our hair as a start

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 08, 2020, 04:43:48 pm »

I'd rather not engage in any more magic today, lest we wind up damaging ourselves further.

If we're not worrying about debriefing and whatnot, let's just spend the rest of this week winding down. Enjoy the freedom. Spend time with friends. Relax.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 08, 2020, 04:53:11 pm »

I must admit, I am tempted to try shapeshifting, even though I know it is a dangerous idea.

I'd rather not engage in any more magic today, lest we wind up damaging ourselves further.

If we're not worrying about debriefing and whatnot, let's just spend the rest of this week winding down. Enjoy the freedom. Spend time with friends. Relax.
+1

However, in the end, sanity prevailed.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 06:14:33 pm by ZBridges »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 08, 2020, 08:21:44 pm »

The other students wanted to follow us in the crusader life, maybe we should hang out with them and see where all our other friends stand.

Honestly, scholarly research work where we can still work in a garrison to keep up our combat skills in the case of a major crusade might be a good compromise between the two.  Since our "grandmother" will probably want us to do the combat thing.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 08, 2020, 08:27:29 pm »

Hmm, I would be up for that.  We don't really have much information on them at the moment.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 08, 2020, 08:30:16 pm »

+1
+1 and try to learn more about our friends as well

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 09, 2020, 01:44:49 am »

+1
+1 and try to learn more about our friends as well
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 09, 2020, 04:34:10 am »

[-]You return home from town, taking a shower, then fall into bed to rest and meditate. You hear your friends return sometime later, but don't bother them; you're sure they're sleepy as it is.

[17]You fall into a dreamless slumber, waking up the next morning to Emma knocking on your door. You rise, setting the table and pouring the water. Your friends are planning on going into town soon, for one last day of freedom. They've invited you along, and seem surprised when you agree. Emma smiles at you, leaning close. You have a few hours before they leave, and Emma elects to spend it with you in the library.

The time passes quickly, even when you both are merely studying in silence. When noon comes, you rise, putting your books away and heading to the gate with Emma. She's excited at the prospect of spending more time with you, you can tell, and happy your mutual friends will be along for the metaphorical ride.

[16] You go out to eat lunch at a nice restaurant, drift through the shopping district, and finish it with drinks at a local bar. Its all fulfilling, and enjoyable, and you relate more with your friends.

At first, part of you questioned why they were your friends in the first place, but a pattern emerges when you think about it. Between you and Emma, you've pushed all these people in one way or the other to better themselves. You've helped quite a few of them pass the physical training requirements, driving them to push themselves. Emma has helped most

Emma is an intelligent young woman, whose skill in translating languages leaves you stunned at times, and she isn't a slouch at athletics training, either.

McGee and James push themselves as hard as you do, managing top marks in athletics and rifle work. They're dead set on becoming Crusaders-- and they respect you because you put them both down on the ground during the first personal combat training session, then spent the rest of them building them back up until McGee knocked you on your ass when you weren't paying attention. They were criminals back in the Steelworks before Mother Gainer pulled them off the street and whipped sense into them. Literally. They've shown you the scars. As orphans, they were both given the same last name despite not being biologically related. They do look incredibly similar, however.

Johnathan is a quiet sort but pushes himself just as hard as McGee and James. His skills with firearms are where he truly excels. His aim is unparalleled in your class-- you can't even aim as well as he can. Turns out, he was a hunter for around four years for Eric's family, before a pay dispute put his father and him, to work in the mines. His father passed, leaving him an orphan. Instead of sticking around and staying a miner, possibly becoming a debt-slave, he joined the Scholars to do something with his life. He also intends to join the Crusaders.

Jesse, Erica, and Amanda are all craftsmen's daughters-- they played with Emma on rare occasions during their youth. They're smart, but coasting by, passing whatever test or quiz or report, meeting the minimum requirements of physical training. They're intending on becoming craftsmen for the SEED and move into the Holy City. John, Quincy and Other Eric are the same, if on the opposite end of the spectrum. Miner's kids that are looking for better lives in the Holy City, either as Crusaders or as Craftsmen.

[-] Last call rolls around, and Emma stumbles out of town, leaning heavily on you and giggling hysterically at a stupid joke you made about one of your teachers. It's a little challenging to get her to go to her bed, but she falls asleep quickly when she gets there. You do the same, heading to bed, readying yourself for the day ahead. Currently, you're good enough to get a posting in all but the heaviest of Scholarly work, and the Crusaders would take you in an instant if they could. Postings aren't announced until a week before the end of the Academy.

Do you have any goals for the coming school year?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 09, 2020, 05:11:12 am »

One thing I would like to focus on is investigating and researching the dark happenings in the west.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 381