00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240316 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #615 on: March 13, 2020, 04:09:45 am »

"It is hard to say, sir.  My best guess is that my body is a castoff of an advanced civilization known as the Empyreal, and my consciousness is an amalgamation of several other entities, including some type of void intelligence.  Regardless, however, I am committed to the Great Work, and I hope to be able to continue to serve."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 13, 2020, 06:00:06 am »

"It is hard to say, sir.  My best guess is that my body is a castoff of an advanced civilization known as the Empyreal, and my consciousness is an amalgamation of several other entities, including some type of void intelligence.  Regardless, however, I am committed to the Great Work, and I hope to be able to continue to serve."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 13, 2020, 06:28:12 am »

+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 13, 2020, 04:16:43 pm »

[13 vs 16][3] You start to speak, trying to explain what you've discovered to the General, but he cuts you off after you say the word 'Empyreal'.

"Everyone leave. Cut the cameras."

Everyone stares for a moment, and Emma refuses. She's not so kindly hauled out by one of the guards. You strain against your bindings, and can feel the reinforced plastic begin to crack. Thomas seems unconcerned.

"As a Scholar you are bound to keep secrets, Child Pheobe. Or have you forgotten that?"

You feel...strange admitting your existence isn't natural.

He raises his hand, frowning. "Keep that in mind before you speak. What is your purpose and what do you think the Great Work is?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 13, 2020, 04:46:03 pm »

"I apologize, Crusader General.  I was not aware that I was disclosing information that would be best kept secret.  My purpose... I was told it was to serve humanity.  As for the Great Work, is it not to spread the Church's teachings and promote the influence of the Holy SEED?"

Continue to weaken the bindings, but quietly.  Scan the room for exits.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 04:49:20 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #620 on: March 13, 2020, 04:56:59 pm »

Slight revision, based on the wording of our old contract

I, Apprentice __________________________, promise to uphold my contract to the best of my abilities, accepting all benefits and punishments accordingly. I swear to promote the Great Work in all its efforts; to bring life to this barren world and to eradicate the [demons] that would seek to hinder it.

"I apologize, Crusader General.  I was not aware that I was disclosing information that would be best kept secret."
"My purpose... I was told it was to serve humanity.  The Great Work... we are to bring life to the world, yes? To destroy the [demons] that assail it?"

I'd rather not be struggling right now. Would come off as a show of ill faith.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #621 on: March 13, 2020, 04:58:33 pm »

Slight revision, based on the wording of our old contract

I, Apprentice __________________________, promise to uphold my contract to the best of my abilities, accepting all benefits and punishments accordingly. I swear to promote the Great Work in all its efforts; to bring life to this barren world and to eradicate the [demons] that would seek to hinder it.

"I apologize, Crusader General.  I was not aware that I was disclosing information that would be best kept secret."
"My purpose... I was told it was to serve humanity.  The Great Work... we are to bring life to the world, yes? To destroy the [demons] that assail it?"

I'd rather not be struggling right now. Would come off as a show of ill faith.

That seems fair.  +1.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 13, 2020, 05:50:59 pm »

[12]The Crusader General taps his fingers together, watching you intently. He's thinking. Contemplating you. The silence hangs in the air. He slowly leans forward in his chair, and asks, very calmly, "And is that you're true name, Pheobe? Does that contract truly apply to you, or did you falsify the information you put on it?" The turret is tracking you, you realize, every twitch, every movement, it shifts accordingly, so that the barrel is aimed straight at your head.

"Contract breakers are the worse kind of scum, anywhere you go. An oath is meant to be kept, and making one in bad faith is a worse crime than murder, in my eyes."

"So, is Pheobe Gainer your real name, your true name?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 13, 2020, 05:54:30 pm »

"Though I am composed of discrete entities with different names, we have agreed that the gestalt collective shall be known as Phoebe Gainer.  Thus, I have in good faith bound myself to the Church."

Not sure if we should lie or tell the truth.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 13, 2020, 05:57:02 pm »

Deleted, vote is below
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:29:39 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 13, 2020, 06:27:49 pm »

Hm... let's mention a little bit of memory loss, a little bit of good faith and honor.

"It was... the closest thing I had."

"I didn't know my old name when I signed that contract-- I'd lost it with everything else! So I picked a new name, a bright name to know myself by, and I took Mother Gainer's name for my own. It was just an appellation at the time, but since then... well, it's become my tie to humanity. I could not possibly discard it."

"Phoebe Gainer is my name now, Crusader General, and Mother Nicole is my adoptive grandmother. I signed that contract as best I knew how, and I am bound to it in truth."

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 13, 2020, 06:29:17 pm »

Hm... let's mention a little bit of memory loss, a little bit of good faith and honor.

"It was... the closest thing I had."

"I didn't know my old name when I signed that contract-- I'd lost it with everything else! So I picked a new name, a bright name to know myself by, and I took Mother Gainer's name for my own. It was just an appellation at the time, but since then... well, it's become my tie to humanity. I could not possibly discard it."

"Phoebe Gainer is my name now, Crusader General, and Mother Nicole is my adoptive grandmother. I signed that contract as best I knew how, and I am bound to it in truth."

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 13, 2020, 06:44:44 pm »

The voices soothe you with their words, with the kindness of acknowledgment, and you speak openly and plainly with the Crusader General.

[20]The Crusader General leans forward, and with a key produced from his ornate robes, he uncuffs you from the bed. He rises, shuffling over to do the same for the other side. "Bring in a wheelchair." He shouts. And the door swings open. Emma rushes back into the room, scared and confused. Her body slumps with relief upon seeing you intact.

The guard isn't gentle when she lifts you from the bed and deposits you into the chair. Emma moves to push it for you-- only for the guard to slap her hands away with a grunt and take control of your mobility. A faint part of you bristles at the indignity of the situation, but you consider how you got the spins from being lifted up and allow yourself to be pushed down the long halls of the hospital. Guards are posted around every quarter, each are heavily armed and armored, and watch the procession with hostile intent.

The Crusader General and Mother Nicole don't seem to put them at ease.

"Where am I going?" You ask, softly, as you're lead into the fresh air of the outside, towards a waiting hover-craft. Sounds of a bustling city reach your ears, but the enclosed walls let you see none of it. The two guards have to lift your chair up and into the craft, and Emma claims a seat beside you, fidgeting uncomfortably. You reach out and take her hand, giving it a firm squeeze, and she smiles at you. Mother Nicole sits across from you, concerned.

"Wherever I want you to, Daughter Pheobe. But, for now, you have an audience with SEED. I wanted to wait another week, but according to the Doctor, continuing to starve you would be detrimental to our war efforts."

The shift lifts off, and you feel at peace. Consciousness is hard to keep, but the weight of acceleration gives you something to focus on.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:50:09 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 13, 2020, 06:46:53 pm »

Nicely done.  This should be an informative meeting.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 13, 2020, 07:02:23 pm »

No kidding.

"Yes... you say you spoke with SEED on my behalf, grandmother? That means a lot to me... thank you."

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 381