00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 238962 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #990 on: March 21, 2020, 09:00:46 pm »

This may not go over well...
would you rather we say SEED might be trying to kill us? Should we lie?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 21, 2020, 09:02:15 pm »

What would you suggest?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 21, 2020, 09:52:36 pm »

I don;t know, I +1ed another suggestion,
"SEED has brought life to this planet through its dedication to our betterment, the Great Work.  However, SEED has grown old, and it is contributing less than ever before and perhaps actually hindering our advancement.  After much contemplation, I have decided it is time for SEED to retire, for the benefit of all."
+1
which indirectly mentions SEED’s waning power/willingness to do miracles
I think this is better than saying I think SEED will kill me when I no longer serve his purpose. When the plague is defeated, he will no longer have need of me, and will kill me. I hope my thoughts are wrong or do you all think mentioning that would be better or worse?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 09:54:51 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 21, 2020, 10:17:25 pm »

I'm not sure.  I don't think it could hurt, though.  +1 to mentioning SEED wants to murder us.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 22, 2020, 03:29:14 am »

I'm going to throw another option into the mix just because:

"The Holy SEED has brought life and purpose to this planet through its dedication to the Great Work and its unquestionable betterment of humanity.  However, our SEED has grown old, and it now lacks the strength and clarity of mind to remain an effective holy champion of the city-state.  After much contemplation, I have decided it is time for SEED to retire, for the benefit of all."

"I will ensure that it will enter a deep sleep, preserving what little strength remains to it, and if it dreams, I hope it will dream of penance for its sins, not least among them its evil plan to bring me, its kin and faithful protector, to a sudden and unjust end."

"In a time after time, when darkness threatens to overwhelm this last bastion, the Holy City, perhaps the Holy SEED will awaken one last time to achieve redemption and save its people from the depredations of the [demons].  Until then, it will rest in a twilight state, not alive but not dead, leaving us as the caretakers of its holy kingdom."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 22, 2020, 05:30:59 am »

I'm going to throw another option into the mix just because:

"The Holy SEED has brought life and purpose to this planet through its dedication to the Great Work and its unquestionable betterment of humanity.  However, our SEED has grown old, and it now lacks the strength and clarity of mind to remain an effective holy champion of the city-state.  After much contemplation, I have decided it is time for SEED to retire, for the benefit of all."

"I will ensure that it will enter a deep sleep, preserving what little strength remains to it, and if it dreams, I hope it will dream of penance for its sins, not least among them its evil plan to bring me, its kin and faithful protector, to a sudden and unjust end."

"In a time after time, when darkness threatens to overwhelm this last bastion, the Holy City, perhaps the Holy SEED will awaken one last time to achieve redemption and save its people from the depredations of the [demons].  Until then, it will rest in a twilight state, not alive but not dead, leaving us as the caretakers of its holy kingdom."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 22, 2020, 08:41:20 am »

I'd rather let the Pontifex come to his own decision on this matter. Let's tell him what we know, and work from there.

"[SEED... yes. Let me tell you of the doings of SEED.]"

"[You recall my rage in the crypt... something I am not proud of, by the by... but while under its influence, I was able to glean some of the memories of McCreary from his flesh. I found the memory of his demise... troubling.]"

"[Picture, Pontifex, if you will, McCreary at his last and greatest. He has been pitted by a machine against machines, and now battles a fell lord of machines: the King of the Dead. Its underlings he has slain easily enough, but ah! His shield fails him, and silver-steel tentacles pierce him terribly. With what little strength he has McCreary opens the very ground beneath his foe, piercing it on spikes of his own making; with what little strength he has, McCreary cuts the dread worm apart bit by bit until it moves no more.]"

"[Now, Pontifex, picture a McCreary gashed and broken. He falls to the earth, with no power left in his bones. He looks to his chest, and sees his own lung laid bare to the open sky. Consciousness fades from him...]

[...and he awakens, Brother Pontifex. His wounds have closed. Where he was gashed by the [demon], there is but a long scar to mark the tentacle's passing. There is no reason he should not survive to fight again-- but ah! He has been shut by his allies within a barren chamber, shut away by meters of reinforced steel. His weapons have been taken from him; he has no strength left in him to shift the metal. Bereft of all, McCreary withers away... dead of starvation, though the lord of all [demons] could not fell him.]

[McCreary was murdered, Brother Pontifex. I believe SEED is responsible-- and I believe SEED intends to do the same to me, once I've won for it this latest war.]"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 22, 2020, 10:52:18 am »

I'd rather let the Pontifex come to his own decision on this matter. Let's tell him what we know, and work from there.

"[SEED... yes. Let me tell you of the doings of SEED.]"

"[You recall my rage in the crypt... something I am not proud of, by the by... but while under its influence, I was able to glean some of the memories of McCreary from his flesh. I found the memory of his demise... troubling.]"

"[Picture, Pontifex, if you will, McCreary at his last and greatest. He has been pitted by a machine against machines, and now battles a fell lord of machines: the King of the Dead. Its underlings he has slain easily enough, but ah! His shield fails him, and silver-steel tentacles pierce him terribly. With what little strength he has McCreary opens the very ground beneath his foe, piercing it on spikes of his own making; with what little strength he has, McCreary cuts the dread worm apart bit by bit until it moves no more.]"

"[Now, Pontifex, picture a McCreary gashed and broken. He falls to the earth, with no power left in his bones. He looks to his chest, and sees his own lung laid bare to the open sky. Consciousness fades from him...]

[...and he awakens, Brother Pontifex. His wounds have closed. Where he was gashed by the [demon], there is but a long scar to mark the tentacle's passing. There is no reason he should not survive to fight again-- but ah! He has been shut by his allies within a barren chamber, shut away by meters of reinforced steel. His weapons have been taken from him; he has no strength left in him to shift the metal. Bereft of all, McCreary withers away... dead of starvation, though the lord of all [demons] could not fell him.]

[McCreary was murdered, Brother Pontifex. I believe SEED is responsible-- and I believe SEED intends to do the same to me, once I've won for it this latest war.]"

+1

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 22, 2020, 12:58:13 pm »

The Pontifex already knows all about that.  He's the one that tipped us off to it in the first place, after all.  Speaking in a higher tongue would keep Zachary and Emma in the dark on the matter.  Finally, that doesn't actually answer his question, namely how we feel about SEED.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 22, 2020, 01:17:07 pm »

The Pontifex already knows all about that.  He's the one that tipped us off to it in the first place, after all.  Speaking in a higher tongue would keep Zachary and Emma in the dark on the matter.  Finally, that doesn't actually answer his question, namely how we feel about SEED.
I don’t like SEED. Starving [angels] and sending more h8mans to their deaths to wear down the enemies, rather than just killing the enemies

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 22, 2020, 01:18:47 pm »

Their dedication to attrition is odd.  I wonder what their reasoning is for that.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 22, 2020, 01:19:56 pm »

The voices are in disagreement, so you mix and match the two suggested paths, explaining how McCreary was killed, and how SEED needs to be retired, for not only your safety but for the safety of others.

"Indeed...Our God has sinned against the trust we place in it..." The Pontifex trails off, sighing as he steeples his fingers and focuses on you. "I believe we are in agreement for what has to be done with SEED, to not only protect our newest champion, but also the people of his holy domain. It's a troublesome burden, that fear you must carry with you while you fight, but you are strong enough to carry it, I believe?"

"We'll be in close contact, Sister Alphira. Ask for me if you need guidance in these troublesome times, and as always, I look forward to seeing you at morning services." He rises, passing you by and patting your shoulder. He gives another smile to Emma, but the one he receives back is less than warm. The Pontifex pauses, looking back to you, "SEED, when it goes to war, never gives thought to casualties. Never gives thought to how to wage war better. It can always make more corpses to feed to the machine. Be better than that, Sister Alphira, and the Crusaders will love you more than...well SEED."

The Pontifex leaves you and Emma alone. You breathe out a sigh, approaching your armor as Emma waits patiently. You remove a glove, fiddling with the strap on it.

[16]"He's manipulating you, you know. And being heavy-handed about it. He already knew your answer before you even spoke. He wasn't even listening!"

[4 vs 16][18][19]Emma sits on your bed as you slip your hand into the glove, flexing the fingers. She watches you, brow furrowed, but doesn't comment. You activate the armor on a whim, feeling the needles slip into your fingertips, and the familiar disgust wash over you.

[Good local afternoon, Dearest Sadil.]

Is there anything you'd like to do today, before starting your training regime tomorrow?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 02:19:15 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 22, 2020, 02:29:06 pm »

[Just... checking in.] Deactivate and set aside the glove.

Sigh, flop onto bed. "Everybody's manipulating me. I'm a weapon to these people, and they'd all break me over their enemies given half a chance. I just pick the ones I want to deal with...  "serving humanity", yeah? And who knows, maybe we can even live a little in the interims."

"One person I really trust in all the world, Emma... that's you." Smile thin.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 22, 2020, 02:40:10 pm »

[Just... checking in.] Deactivate and set aside the glove.

Sigh, flop onto bed. "Everybody's manipulating me. I'm a weapon to these people, and they'd all break me over their enemies given half a chance. I just pick the ones I want to deal with...  "serving humanity", yeah? And who knows, maybe we can even live a little in the interims."

"One person I really trust in all the world, Emma... that's you." Smile thin.

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 22, 2020, 03:17:09 pm »

[Of course. Have a good evening, McCreary.] You set the glove back on the stand, awkwardly, and flop into bed with Emma.

"Everybody's manipulating me. I'm a weapon to these people, and they'd all break me over their enemies given half a chance. I just pick the ones I want to deal with...  "serving humanity", yeah? And who knows, maybe we can even live a little in the interim." Emma wraps her arms around you in a comforting hug, nodding gently.

"Thank you, Pheobe...it...it means a lot." Emma sighs softly, seeming on the verge of sleep, before she suddenly rises. "Alright, enough time off. Tomorrow you start your scheduled training, and tonight I need to finish up the paperwork. I'll see you at breakfast tomorrow."

Tomorrow you resume your regular training schedule at six, You have to make these next three months count, as you will be announced on the ninth month and twentieth day of the year. Your new schedule is on the desk beside you, and you take a moment to look it over as Emma leaves.

Code: (Planned Schedule) [Select]
5am-6am: Wake up, Breakfast, Project Responsibilities
6am-12pm: Exercises, Power Training, Firearms Training
12pm-1pm: Lunch, Project Responsibilities
1pm-2pm: Project Responsibilities
2pm-5pm: Exercises, Power Training, Firearms Training
5pm-5:30pm: Dinner
5:30pm-12:30am: Leadership, Strategy, Squad Command tutoring
12:30am-1am: Freetime
1am-Lights out.

What power do you focus on training most? Is there anything different you would like to try with your daily exercises? And what would you like to do for the rest of today?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 381