00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 238966 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #2325 on: April 14, 2020, 09:35:35 pm »

...attraction to the user?  Empyreals have strange priorities.

It gets lonely I guess, drifting about the void between worlds.

I've been meaning to ask: it's been over 48 hours now since we first discovered Bird of Sol's Reign, yes?

Aw nice, we can turn off the creepy-lover voice? This changes... so much.

[Disable attraction to the user.  Enable all helpful hints.  Enable commanding officer proximity alert.  Set username to 'Phoebe.']

+1

Is it just me, or is McCreary's dust fading from our bloodstream? We're forgetting how to work the silicon...

Smile. "Whitney Carter, yes? Thank you for arranging this."
To the group now: "Good morning-- I am honored to have you all here! Let us march now with pride: we, who bear the future of this world."

Off we go!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 09:42:43 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: April 14, 2020, 09:53:07 pm »

I've been meaning to ask: it's been over 48 hours now since we first discovered Bird of Sol's Reign, yes?

[Disable attraction to the user.  Enable all helpful hints.  Enable commanding officer proximity alert.  Set username to 'Phoebe.']

+1

Is it just me, or is McCreary's dust fading from our bloodstream? We're forgetting how to work the silicon...

To the group now: "Good morning-- I am honored to have you all here! Let us march now with pride: we, who bear the future of this world."

Off we go!

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: April 15, 2020, 08:25:59 am »

+1

Off we go!

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: April 15, 2020, 02:41:48 pm »

[Preferences accepted, Pheobe.] Lucille chimes helpfully, sounding monotone, but still polite and chipper. Less pleasure droid and far more office assistant. [Currently, you are surrounded by forty-eight individuals, who have rapid heart rates and higher blood pressure; this corresponds with non-threatening excitement levels in Terran Standard Humans.]

Have you've been training with it? Alphira retorts, Or have you've been laying in bed for two months while other people work around you?

"It's my honor Mother Alphira. I apologize for the wait." Whitney nods as the last person falls into the crowd. You lead them down the cobbled streets of the suburbs, approaching the Thornton District. A Warmachine halts your approach, asking you to wait in the plaza before the cargo ship. So you patiently do.

William is roused, stretching out and stifling a yawn, a red greatcoat haphazardly slung over his shoulder. His uniform, besides that, you note, after a brief inspection, is in perfect order. Down to the millimeter, as SEED military requires. He sniffs, looking over the group with something approaching disinterest.

"I was told you were soldiers. All I see is a mob! Form up for inspection!" William barks, dropping the playboy persona. The Veterans blink, rapidly forming up into a honed military line. William walks down in silence, prowling like a beast of prey. With a nod. "Acceptable. Now listen closely."

"You are going to be outfitted like this fine gentleman here!" He gestures to a bare-chested Warmachine, who's massive cybernetic limbs are displayed in all their glory, including the metallic spine implants. "This process is not reversible! Due to the war," He peels off a glove, revealing his metallic hand, "Attachments like these will not be available! So help us win this damn fight, and I'll see to it you get a ninety percent discount to buying these. Damn generous, for something so normally expensive. Save your pay if you want a normal life after all this shit, right?"

The Veterans dip their heads in a nod. Five, however, take one look at the Warmachine, glancing at you, and leave. William watches them go without a word, turning to the rest. "Next order! The surgery is painful and -long-. You may die, and if you don't die, then you might suffer from infections and other nastiness. SEED's release is available as an option if these complications result! You will sign a contract stating that you are doing this of your own free will!"

"If you think it gets easier from there, your wrong! This is a military operation, and I expect you to be better than you were with the Crusaders; Drunkenness, dereliction of duty-- these will not be tolerated! Debt-slavery is going to be a preferable option to the things we'll do to you if you screw up here." Thirteen more glances to William, and then back to the Warmachine, and they slowly step away.

"We'll be going into combat with all manners of Infected, along with any enemies of the state as deemed by Lady Alphira. This armor helps with protecting you from the worst of it-- your limbs can be easily detached, without harming you, and we can replace them, but torso wounds will still result in SEED's release!"

No one else leaves. Leaving you with-- [thirty individuals], including Whitney Carter.

"Good. Captain Remial will guide you into proper orientation and get your paperwork squared away. Dismissed!"

They file away behind a red-striped Warmachine, and William slumps, approaching you. "I expected more to leave, Phebe. We really need that funding, especially if we're to pay these people anything to live on."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:43:57 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: April 15, 2020, 02:51:24 pm »

It looks like the cohesion was fixed. 

"I will make sure that you receive it.  What amount of credits do you need over what period of time?  Alternatively, would raw materiel suffice?"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:52:59 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: April 15, 2020, 02:53:51 pm »

"I will make sure that you receive it.  What amount of credits do you need over what period of time?  Alternatively, would raw material suffice?"
People get paid in credits, not raw materials

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: April 15, 2020, 02:55:49 pm »

Well, they said they have to break down las-guns at the moment to get the material they need to make prosthetics, so providing them with raw material might be helpful so that they don't have to do that.

The material can be sold on the market to produce extra credits.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: April 15, 2020, 03:00:49 pm »

Oh yeah

"I will make sure that you receive it.  What amount of credits do you need over what period of time?  Alternatively, would raw materiel suffice?"
+1
Usually when I hear “Asking for A, will B suffice?” I think it’s “Will B suffice in lieu of A”

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: April 15, 2020, 03:03:01 pm »

That's what I meant, they or we could sell material to produce credits instead of just providing the actual credits, or we could potentially provide both.  Sorry for not being clear.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: April 15, 2020, 03:07:00 pm »

That's what I meant, they or we could sell material to produce credits instead of just providing the actual credits, or we could potentially provide both.  Sorry for not being clear.
it’s ok, let’s try for both credits and materials when contacting SEED
Have we attempted nationalization of production yet? If not, let’s attempt that
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 03:10:00 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: April 15, 2020, 03:08:26 pm »

Agreed.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: April 15, 2020, 03:09:39 pm »

I’m going to edit my post to space a question mark from the beginning of a new sentence and replace a ; with a ‘
Mistakes addressed

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: April 15, 2020, 03:44:51 pm »

Yeah, I didn't realize I took five percent out from the night before-- I thought I started you fresh. Apologies.

"Going to be honest with you, now, Pheobe, I was hoping for as much as possible, so I could skim some off the top to refill the Thornton Treasury." William admits, grinning, "I'll send a craft to pick up some accountants, but if we're talking about budgets -- how long do you want us to operate? Are we a war-time emergency or are we a business you want in perpetuity?"

"Current operations, off the top of my head, are costing the Thornton Family...two hundred credits a month, for four Warmachines to be produced, per month. That's including their pay and pension and board."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 03:48:57 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: April 15, 2020, 03:52:45 pm »

I'm not sure...

"I think we should limit production to wartime, or at least we should plan to do so for the moment.  If there's a good reason to prolong production, and if we're not all dead, we can discuss this further after the war ends."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:01:18 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: April 15, 2020, 04:03:54 pm »

"Then give us as much money and support as you can." William responds, with a small nod. "Anything we don't use on Warmachines we'll use to assemble more factories." He pauses, "Going to be a pain to demilitarize that, though, after."
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 381