00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240279 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3465 on: May 11, 2020, 02:48:32 pm »

Wow. Finally caught up. This has been quite the ride and I was very scared I'd be catching up just in time to see Phoebe die.

I have to say the writing has been exemplary, and I look forward to more. I might even manifest as a voice on occasion.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: May 11, 2020, 03:49:58 pm »

Disturbing.
Necessary.

...she'll want a definite answer. No "might"s.

["You think I keep those two for their power? That was never the way of it."]
["...you have my trust, Cephilia of Lavoisier. Keep it well-- it will not be mended again. My friendship, you had already."]

+1, this is better
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: May 11, 2020, 09:58:41 pm »

Welcome.

"[Wonderful -- I was already going to try my best to heal you anyways, but now I have more motivation.]"

Cephelia gently takes out a piece of rubber, setting it between your teeth. You bite down on it. She barricades the door with a cabinet, moving quickly and quietly, before returning to your side. Her form slowly shifts, returning to her preferred form. Long fingers gently peel away your bandages, revealing your ruined chest.

"{You're going to scar from this.]" She murmurs, sadly, examining the injury.

"[What? We don't scar--]"

"[Wounds that scar our minds scar our flesh. They alter our baseline. I'm assuming you're having trouble with your arm, as well?]"

You flinch, and would feel your stomach drop were it not sitting out like this.

"[I'll help you fix that too. Not now. This is going to hurt, so I'm taking your armor off. You have to allow me to work your physical form. We cannot work on each other's body with yielding our wills.]"

She's right. It does hurt. Cephelia starts by melding the flesh of your thoracic cavity back together, slowly, painfully. Where there is no organ, she instead uses a mesh of black fibers, pulled away from a dark black block. With the first part of her task nearly done, she reaches over, turning on the oxygen pump until you begin to choke and cough, then, quickly seals the cavity. You do note, after several, painful, probably bloody coughs that you breathe easier now.

Coils of the carbon twist themselves around, filling in the spots where your bone is missing, capping them off, or holding them together with great chunks. The empty space where your sternum is filled in the same way, replaced by a plate of black carbon, her fingers tracing slowly as sweat beads on her forehead-- and until blood drips from her nose.

Cephelia slumps, looking down at your exposed and reconstructed rib cage. Rising, she finds a surgical mask, slipping it on over her face. She takes a few deep breaths, then gets back to work. She teases muscle fibers together the best she can, replacing it with carbon fiber where necessary, sealing it over your exposed bone until you're left with a patch of black, shiny mesh across your chest. No more gaping hole, no more bandages holding in your organs -- replaced by a surgical mesh of carbon fiber.

"[Thank all the Gods we don't get normal infections -- you'd be out of luck.]"

She pulls the tubes from your mouth and nose, and you cough and sputter -- but can breathe on your own again. Rising is still difficult, as she was unable to replace the muscles with anything, but you are no longer tied to those infernal machines. Cephelia helps you sit up, swaddling your chest in a bandage when you do. "I need a break, Pheobe." She murmurs, settling into her chair with a tired smile. "Don't exert yourself -- the mesh can tear."

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: May 11, 2020, 10:34:45 pm »

Find out from Cehpie about the result of the mission we were on.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: May 11, 2020, 10:42:34 pm »

((Say, are these carbon nanotubes? Because I think elemental carbon is normally extremely weak - it's basically char))

why did i write these useless comments back in.... 2020?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 03:27:46 pm by Eschar »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: May 11, 2020, 10:43:22 pm »

"Thank you."

A healer. A healer. I am grateful. You breathe again. I am grateful.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: May 11, 2020, 10:53:22 pm »

"Thank you."
A healer. A healer. I am grateful. You breathe again. I am grateful.
Find out from Cehpie about the result of the mission we were on.
+1.  There are a number of things to check on.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: May 11, 2020, 10:58:52 pm »

((Yes. Hence her exhaustion at having to arrange the structure of elemental carbon into carbon nanotubes/fiber))

"Thank you." You manage to croak with your own voice, and Cephelia gives you a winning smile. The effect is ruined by her sharp teeth, but the sincerity is there.

"You're welcome, Pheobe. Sorry I can't do more, but since you seem incapable of healing...a patch job is best I can offer."

"I don't know." Cephie shrugs a shoulder, leaning back in her chair. "I got back a couple of days ago. You weren't in public, and I smelled a secret. So I did some digging. Then I found a mark who helped out Silas. The rest is history. No one knows who I am, and I don't think you ever properly introduced me to your [kindred]."

With another shake of her head, "I doubt Emma would take kindly to me, after all that's happened."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: May 11, 2020, 11:03:47 pm »

"What were the results of your mission?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: May 11, 2020, 11:14:02 pm »

"You just rebuilt my torso. You can tell her that, at least."

"What were the results of your mission?"

+1

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: May 12, 2020, 12:42:59 am »

"That's a strong word. I put a patch on your torso. Like I said, any strain and you'll rip yourself open again. Might want to ask Silas for some cough medicine and try to avoid lifting weights or hell, even sharp movements. If we were in the Empyre, a good station surgeon could have has you walking again by now." After a beat, "She didn't tell you, did she? Well, that's a discussion I'm not being a part of."

"I'll submit my mission report to you in short order, with all the details. To summarize; there was a mixed reaction. Some didn't believe it, some vowed loyalty and hoped for assistance, and others tried to shoot me down. The Plague hasn't penetrated inland enough to cause serious harm. Some skirmishes here and there."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: May 12, 2020, 01:00:40 am »

"Understood. I will have further orders for you when I get a better sense of what the situation is. You are dismissed."

"[Zero, can you please direct me to Emma?  Also, are there any critical and time-sensitive issues I should be aware of?]"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: May 12, 2020, 02:25:37 am »

"Understood. I will have further orders for you when I get a better sense of what the situation is. You are dismissed."

"[Zero, can you please direct me to Emma?  Also, are there any critical and time-sensitive issues I should be aware of?]"

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: May 12, 2020, 02:52:11 am »

+1
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: May 12, 2020, 09:50:41 am »

...do we want to be moving about right now?

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 381