00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240382 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3675 on: May 15, 2020, 05:58:08 pm »

How about this? I come before you today to assure you that rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. That I am alive and fine, no worse for the wear from my combat with the wretched Plague. Do I seem ill? Do I seem injured? The people who have spread these false rumors should be ashamed. Our culture values the importance of honesty, the importance of holding one's tongue and yet these people have the gall to spread falsehood. To lie -- indeed, it is slander to believe that Pheonix of Sol could be so easily killed. That the unholy Plague could ever truly harm me. That the light of your holy star, your god, could not be so easily extinguished.

I have given my word that I will defeat this Plague, that I will rid it from this world and bring about the Paradise. As SEED has promised, so have i! If there are any foolish enough that think the word of their God can be so easily broken by trivial injuries, let them speak now. Let me hear your arguments.

...A nice pause in the middle, let my will reach out and cow anybody...

I have not only come before you to call out these liars, these naysayers but to inform you that our war is going well. We have reclaimed many Industrial Districts and removed many heretics from their positions of ill-gotten power. Surely you have seen the results of these wars? All foes, Demon and Human alike cannot stand against our combined will, they cannot stand against the true ruler of this world. As it has been, so it shall be again. We rise from the ashes of our enemies, stronger, determined to reach our Paradise.

I thank you for your time today. Hail Pheonix!

You itch behind Mitch's ear, and they perk up when you talk to him. The bone he chews on gives way with a sickening crunch, his tongue digging into it to pull out more marrow.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: May 15, 2020, 06:20:09 pm »

That sounds good, but would it make more sense to say "could be so easily extinguished" rather than "could not be so easily extinguished" in that placement?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: May 15, 2020, 06:27:07 pm »

Unsettling. Theocratic.

Perfect.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: May 15, 2020, 06:41:32 pm »

Alright. Will do. You yawn, scratching your jaw, then rise to raid your wardrobe. A few coats remain, and there's a pang of pain when you realize Emma has removed most of her own clothing from it. You drape a heavy, kevlar-weave duster over your frame.

Anything you want me to do until the speech?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: May 15, 2020, 07:39:29 pm »

I don't think so.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: May 15, 2020, 07:54:29 pm »

For the time being, we've been removed from the chain of command-- we have idle time now, of all things. Spend it as you will. Take care of yourself.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: May 15, 2020, 09:37:20 pm »

You spend your time enjoying the scenery of your mountain home. The tranquility of snow drifting down over the reddish-brown cliffs. The gentle slopes that the snow forms from the rough-hewn walls and faces as it gently piles up against them. The warmth of your body heat fogs the glass at the edges as you sit patiently.

Eventually, the time arises, and you emerge from your meditation. After you double-check your appearance in the mirror, you make your way to the amphitheater. Emma is waiting for you backstage. She smiles when she sees you, but it's forced. She looks exhausted, her usually clean and shiny hair disheveled. There are bags beneath her eyes.

"Ready?"

You nod, breathing out a sigh and composing yourself. Squaring your shoulders, setting your jaw, and loosening your body. A crowd stands on the other side of the stage door, packing the amphitheater to the elevator, as usual.

[15 vs. 14] There isn't fire in your words, but there is will. Your fury is cold, detached, and your willpower sweeps over the front of the crowd.

[18 vs. 12] "My citizens, I come before you today to assure you that rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. That I am alive and well, no worse for the wear from my combat with the wretched Plague. Do I seem ill? Do I seem injured? The people who have spread these false rumors should be ashamed. Our culture values the importance of honesty, the importance of holding one's tongue -- yet these people have the gall to spread falsehood! To lie -- to slander, to lead you to the belief that Pheonix of Sol could be so easily killed. That the unholy Plague could ever truly harm me. That the light of your holy star, your god, could be so easily extinguished."

The crowd gives a cheer, but you don't let the smile you want to wear come to your lips, keeping it set in a tight scowl as you lift a hand in the air to quiet the crowd.

[11 vs. 3]"I have given my word that I will defeat this Plague, that I will rid it from this world and bring about Paradise. As SEED has promised, so have I! If there are any foolish enough that think the word of their God can be so easily broken by trivial injuries, let them speak now. Let me hear your arguments. They are none, are there? Because these fools are heretics, baseless lairs, tricked and misled. Worse than heretics, they seek to halt progress on the Great Work! Denounce them. Denounce them as you have done the Demons and malcontents for years."

[6 vs. 1]"I have not only come before you to call out these liars, these naysayers but to inform you that our war is going well. We have reclaimed many Industrial Districts and removed many heretics from their positions of ill-gotten power. Surely you have seen the results of these wars? All foes, Demon and Human alike cannot stand against our combined will, they cannot stand against the true ruler of this world. As it has been, so it shall be again. We rise from the ashes of our enemies, stronger, determined to reach our Paradise. I thank you for your time today. Hail Pheoni--"

"Mother Pheonix!" Somebody calls, breaking through the rapt silence as the sound of a scuffle echoes through the hall, "Mother Pheonix--" Three people break through the crowd, dragging a thin young man, who struggles and fights against them.

They throw him down roughly in front of the stage, circling around him. A sinewy man with a single arm calls up to you from the crowd. "One of the Malcontents, Mother! One of the Liars! He's been spreading falsehood about you for weeks! Talking slander!"

[15 vs. 13]"I'm innocent, I swear!" He cries. He's not being truthful with you.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: May 15, 2020, 09:44:43 pm »

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. He shall be questioned and tried, and if his guilt is true, he shall be punished as dictated by our code of ethics. Know this: we are a nation of laws, and thus you should leave such matters to our professional care. Your peaceful passion inspires me and is a model for our nation."

In other words, please don't murder this man in front of me.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 09:48:27 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: May 15, 2020, 10:14:27 pm »

You're getting better at the talking. More comfortable.

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. He shall be questioned and tried, and if his guilt is true, he shall be punished as dictated by our code of ethics. Know this: we are a nation of laws, and thus you should leave such matters to our professional care. Your peaceful passion inspires me and is a model for our nation."

+1

[Angel] of mercy, for now. We can figure out what to do with the fellow once he's out of the public eye.

klonk
Sigtext

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: May 16, 2020, 07:27:04 am »

+1

[Angel] of mercy, for now. We can figure out what to do with the fellow once he's out of the public eye.

+1

Don't need our people calling our bluff. But let's not reflect the gods of Old Terra.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: May 16, 2020, 07:57:11 am »

+1

+1

Don't need our people calling our bluff. But let's not reflect the gods of Old Terra.
+1

Sometimes a little fire and brimstone can be a good thing, but not right now.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: May 16, 2020, 10:43:29 am »

+1

+1

+1

Sometimes a little fire and brimstone can be a good thing, but not right now.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: May 16, 2020, 03:53:39 pm »

[17] You pause a beat, staring at the situation in front of you. A few Crusaders linger in the audience, and you seek them out with your gaze, ticking your head to seize the young man. They push through the crowd as you speak.

[3 vs 12] The crowd stirs restlessly, conflicted. Some seem to misunderstand the intentions of the Crusaders, pushing back at them as they try to make their way to the crowd, which, meanwhile, has begun to press in on the young man. Cries of 'heretic' and 'traitor are thrown at him. He cowers beneath the surge, his desperation giving way to panic.

Th-they didn't listen.

[6] Your anger suddenly burns hot.

They didn't listen?!

Humans in a crowd become beasts sometimes, unable to listen to reason or logic, or even the speech of their own gods. They press in on the young man, possessed with righteous fury -- one drawing near enough to throw a punch.

[19] But as possessed by their fury as they are, so are you. Shrugging your coat off. You lift the restrictions on your wings, letting them stretch out over the stage in a flash of light. Your long talons forms similarly, red fire twisting around it. You unleash your will. Stretching it forward into the mob, making Them collapse into unsightly piles on the floor. Gracefully, you dismount the stage, starting forward into the now silent crowd. The young man stares as you grab hold of a member of the mob who remains standing. You lift the burly man with a single hand, casting your voice out to the crowd.

[19]"I gave an order. I gave a command. Or do you think yourself so above your God? Do you think you can disobey me without repercussion?" Your voice rattles the gantries, the supports of the ceiling. "KNEEL."

[16] Those in range of your will drop down to their knees involuntarily. Those without also do so, lest they face your continued wrath. Softly, gently, "Or is this what you wanted to see? Hmmh? The wrath of your God stoked into fire?" The man you grip by the collar whimpers. The alleged naysayer stands, staring at the crowd that lies unconscious at his feet in shock.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 06:57:06 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: May 16, 2020, 05:56:56 pm »

*Sigh*

Put the man down.

"I hope you have learned a valuable lesson today. Vigilantism will not be tolerated. If you suspect someone of disloyalty, report it to a Crusader. As for you, who spoke ill of me, turn yourself in today. If I have to hunt you down, I will not be lenient."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: May 16, 2020, 06:51:16 pm »

...no. On second thought, I speak in haste.

*Sigh*

Put the man down.

"I hope you have learned a valuable lesson today. Vigilantism will not be tolerated. If you suspect someone of disloyalty, report it to a Crusader. As for you, who spoke ill of me, turn yourself in today. If I have to hunt you down, I will not be lenient."

+1
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 06:59:48 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 381