00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240266 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3690 on: May 16, 2020, 07:09:04 pm »

It is of no consequence, probably, to say this now, but I am uncomfortable with our dogma of invulnerability. Shall we publicly revile those who seek the truth at the expense of what others tell them? Shall we set up a cruel dilemma, punishing those who see those who see through the cracks in our facade? Who see that, to quote an old tale, the emperor has no clothes? Feh. I suppose "it had to be done." And we certainly can't go back on it now.

But I am sure it will come back to bite us.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 07:38:47 pm by Eschar »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: May 16, 2020, 07:25:08 pm »

[14][13] You take a deep breath, restraining your flaring temper along with your wings. You drop the man to one side, turning to look at the Crusaders as they take hold of the young man. At this point, it's probably more for his protection.

"I hope you have learned a valuable lesson today. Vigilantism will not be tolerated. If you suspect someone of disloyalty, report it to a Crusader. As for you, who spoke ill of me, turn yourself in today. Not here. Not now. But today. If I have to hunt you down, I will not be lenient." You don't have to raise your voice for the words to carry across the amphitheater. With the man in secure custody,  you take the steps up the stage, Emma trailing along behind you quietly.

[13] It isn't until you're up on the gantries before she speaks to you, keeping her earlier promise. You notice her taking a few steps away, her willpower wrapping up around her tightly. Defensively. A twinge of pain, of sadness, stabs at your heart, but you do not question why.

"Do you remember that message you sent to Black Nicky? Your grandmother?"

"Yes."

"She kidnapped the entire squad besides one -- he was sent back without his rank badge -- and his tongue."

[11] You restrain the fury that builds once more, "What?"

"We don't know if the other Crusaders are alive or not. We've been met with silence from her. I sent William to deal with it, but it's rough. Apparently Nicole has a large force of Outlander mercenaries."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: May 16, 2020, 07:45:22 pm »

Iya- Cephie has experience with the Outlanders. Could she serve as a useful intermediary? At the very least, ask Cephie for her thoughts on the situation, and any possible motives these Outlanders have for siding with Nicky, other than profit.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: May 16, 2020, 07:47:40 pm »

Nicky is obviously an enemy, she likely killed our soldiers. She needs to be stopped. Enemies within will only hinder our efforts

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: May 16, 2020, 07:55:44 pm »

We can ask Cephie about this soon. For now...

"...do you want me to go there, once I'm fit to take the field?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: May 16, 2020, 08:12:51 pm »

"I'm not your mom, Pheobe. The council barely listens to me since you woke up." Emma shrugs, relaxing when she notices the direction of your anger. "Its urban combat, though. The Warmachines and Mercs are both occupying the Steelworks proper."

["Well, guns or land. Most of the Outlanders are people who either got banished from the 'Holy Land' or descendents of them. Few might be actual Clan Outlanders. They'll probably be the captains or commanders."] Cephie responds, her voice echoing in your head, as you maintain two conversations at once with. Nearly seamlessly, you proudly note.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:45:21 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: May 16, 2020, 08:56:26 pm »

You've become quite the multitasker, dealing with the voices in your head all this time!

["Understood-- thank you."]

"I'll speak with the general on the matter... see what I can work out. I need to catch up on the state of the field anyhow."
"What else do I need to know, taking up the council again?"

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: May 16, 2020, 10:06:03 pm »

["Ciao. If we're going to go kill people give me an hour-- I'm neck deep in a series."]

"You're incorrigible." Emma sighs, brushing a stray hair from her eyes. "We've started including alcohol in the Crusader's rations. Isela demanded it for off duty soldiers. Lacey is trying to write sermons for you. We've claimed industrial districts four through seven, and farmland one. There's some issues with production, but the Industry Department is working through it. The Agriculture-- it might be easier if I just called a session for you." Emma admits, catching herself mid-ramble.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: May 16, 2020, 11:08:13 pm »

Fighting rebels indeed. I wonder if the Pontifex is there as well.

"Please do call a session. Thank you for managing things in my absence. It sounds like you've done an excellent job."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: May 16, 2020, 11:40:43 pm »

Rest. Once Emma's called the session-- she needs rest. She's exhausted herself, keeping up the regency.

...fear. Emma feared us just now-- what we might say, what we might do. She need never fear us. Tell her. Tell her.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: May 17, 2020, 12:48:19 am »

"Thanks." Emma replies with a twist of the smile. "I'm not -- I've been trying to use my dreams to guide us--" She hesitates, leaning against the railings. "The visions...I've had...about our future. What's possible."

"Is...is that crazy?" Emma asks, turning to look at you, asking your reassurance. "I-is that crazy for us? For Empyreals?"

You hesitate. "How?"

"Like with that -- the alcohol decision. I dreamed that the Crusaders were being attacked at night while they slept. That they used the bottles on Plague Creatures. That swayed my thinking -- did I make the right choice? Or was I just having a weird nightmare?"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 12:50:13 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: May 17, 2020, 12:55:30 am »

"It's hard to say. I think that several of your visions have been prescient so far. Don't rely on them too much, but let them guide you if you need it."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: May 17, 2020, 01:59:26 am »

Might be worth reminding the council that Emma is our second in command at that session. It's not good that they're ignoring her cos that'll just pile on the stress and fatigue.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: May 17, 2020, 09:15:57 am »

"It's hard to say. I think that several of your visions have been prescient so far. Don't rely on them too much, but let them guide you if you need it."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: May 17, 2020, 09:16:33 am »

((Would Constantine know anything about the prescience of our Line? The mechanism behind it?))

"You were right about the Leviathan."

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 381