00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240343 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3930 on: June 03, 2020, 12:17:39 am »

"I suppose you are right. It's better to have them nearby rather than far away. However, squabbles that get out of hand will bring retribution upon all Families involved, without exception."

"I will approve all relocations, because we really need the supplies, but Families that are unable to conduct themselves in a sensible manner will be severely punished. This could mean exile, imprisonment, or complete annihilation."

Approve all relocations.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 12:23:31 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: June 03, 2020, 05:42:37 am »

"I suppose you are right. It's better to have them nearby rather than far away. However, squabbles that get out of hand will bring retribution upon all Families involved, without exception."

"I will approve all relocations, because we really need the supplies, but Families that are unable to conduct themselves in a sensible manner will be severely punished. This could mean exile, imprisonment, or complete annihilation."

Approve all relocations.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: June 03, 2020, 06:34:43 pm »

Approve all relocations.
+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: June 03, 2020, 11:32:55 pm »

You sign off on the documents, pausing only when Hoganson remarks on a certain Family. You come to find, through this process, that he only draws attention to the worst of the worst. Those that don't play well with other Families, or illegally enslave, or do far worse --  these are the ones he obliquely comments on. The rest, however, for the most part, seem to only have mild criminal charges against prominent members; smuggling, tax-dodging, illegal governance...so on. From this, you realize one thing -- many of the Families are actually pretty mild compared to the Thorntons and the Moores. You mention as much to Hoganson, trying to draw out a conversation.

"The Moores were...morons. And the Thorntons...are young. They had a lot to prove and a lot to lose. Families...aren't all criminal enterprises. Many of them were around before SEED's dominion over the lands. They kept the peace and defended their people and property." Hoganson shrugs, "Abuse occurred, but you've seen SEED abuse its power the same."

"So, why do some of them turn to crime then?" You question, placing one of the folders in the refuse pile.

"SEED owned the land. It owned the mineral rights. It owned the food. It owned most of the factories. What's left? Drugs. Gunrunning. Prostitution. Smuggling. All the things SEED couldn't control for fear of staining its hands." He pauses, "Where's there's demand, someone will supply it."

"Oh? What's the demand in this Fortress?"

"Drugs. Entertainment. Gambling. People are worried. Scared. They want something to take their mind off of their situation. Emma is doing wonderfully, but..." He shakes his head when you open another folder, and after a brief skim, you agree. "What's the point to a life of survival?"

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 12:35:07 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: June 04, 2020, 12:18:50 am »

Bold of him to speak ill of SEED.

"I am glad that our citizens will have ways to relieve their stress. Once our immediate military needs are met, perhaps we can pivot to the production of some luxuries to take the edge off. Speaking of military needs, do you think some Families would be willing to fight for extra allowances or additional prestige? We need all the soldiers we can get."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: June 04, 2020, 12:31:37 am »

The Families have never deluded themselves as to the nature of SEED.

((Hey folks-- I'm watching again. Feeling a bit more... stable.))
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: June 04, 2020, 12:52:07 am »

Welcome back and good to hear!

"If you recognize them as political entities? Give them a say in government, they'll pirouette and dance. Like the Thorntons." Hoganson straightens up the folders you approved as he speaks calmly, "As a Minister? Ask others. As a Family Head...?"

Hoganson looks down at you, and his lips quirk into a frown, and for once, the dispassionate mask drops. The real Hoganson speaks, still calm, but with a sudden, fierce passion that puts a gleam into his green eyes.

"As a Family Head? Give us the power SEED stripped. Give us self-governance, standing military, and our honor back. In the current situation, the Families are neutral. SEED decreed that they have no power to raise armies and no power to assist military operations. Of course, we both know the truth of the matter -- that's an excuse." Hoganson pauses, "Do you know why?"

"No. Please enlighten me?" You politely return, leaning back in your chair as he gathers the folders.

"Because when things get bad -- that's when they can get the most power by offering their services. That is when their resources will be most useful, and that's when you'll be forced to negotiate to your disadvantage."

Then the mask returns. "Anything else, Mother Pheonix?"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 01:00:18 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: June 04, 2020, 01:41:55 am »

"...Nothing for the moment, thank you."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: June 04, 2020, 03:48:23 am »

"...Nothing for the moment, thank you."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: June 04, 2020, 01:59:12 pm »

Hoganson ducks his head in an bow. Then, without another word, he turns to leave you alone at your desk. The sun sets on the horizon, storm clouds hanging heavy with the nightly precipitation. Frost creeps on the edge of the glass.

You'll be fully healed by tomorrow. Then...then what? Another battle? Another near death experience? Or maybe tomorrow is the day you finally claim a victory that isn't pyrrhic.

What's our plan?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 03:59:11 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: June 04, 2020, 03:29:27 pm »

Would you be open to getting in some more training once you're healed up? There are a couple things I'd like to try.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: June 04, 2020, 03:40:37 pm »

Would you be open to getting in some more training once you're healed up? There are a couple things I'd like to try.
What kind of things?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: June 04, 2020, 03:45:42 pm »

Freezing instead of burning, creating additional arms on our torso using our will similar to how we can create wings on our back, sending out our will and condensing it into a construct that can follow a simple command, sending out our will and condensing it into an object.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: June 04, 2020, 04:03:43 pm »

Freezing instead of burning, creating additional arms on our torso using our will similar to how we can create wings on our back, sending out our will and condensing it into a construct that can follow a simple command, sending out our will and condensing it into an object.
I don’t think removing hydrogen from something will freeze things, adding body parts will damage cohesion, and condensing and expanding will will exhaust us and we won’t be able to damage anything if we are tired from moving our will to places. What I’m saying is, we can test these, but we shouldn’t be surprised if some of them can’t be done. I’m saying we should be careful

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: June 04, 2020, 04:11:50 pm »

We should be able to freeze things by condensing the water vapor in the air and lowering its temperature.  Adding body parts may be worth the damage to our cohesion.  If we become tired, we can eat and then sleep and then we will be fine.

With that being said, however, if people don't want to train, I would be fine with supporting another suggestion.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 05:18:51 pm by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 381