00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240421 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4020 on: June 09, 2020, 04:01:40 pm »

"This project isn't just for the Plague, Pheobe." William replies, "This isn't a program that's going to just be used for ten years after we finish it-- the cost doesn't justify such limited use. We're talking thousands of Warmachines per month."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: June 09, 2020, 04:12:43 pm »

"Incredible... you have designs on the Void?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: June 09, 2020, 04:21:15 pm »

Would it make sense to ask who they plan to fight once the plague is defeated?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: June 09, 2020, 04:22:58 pm »

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: June 09, 2020, 04:58:06 pm »

can you explain the purpose of the question?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: June 09, 2020, 05:05:39 pm »

"Do we?" Emma questions in return. "I am uncertain on that myself. What is our long term plan?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: June 09, 2020, 05:40:46 pm »

"My deepest and most secret hope is that we could teach the Empyreal nobles some manners.  If the Rim was united, and if we leveraged the remaining pirate fleets, we could prevent actions like destroying entire planets.  Perhaps it would even be possible to restore the Endless Emperor/Empress, who is either dead or sleeping at the hands of the nobles.  In the process, we would seed our civilization throughout the stars and demonstrate a different way to govern and protect."

"However, if you don't have a similar plan, what are your intentions for all these soldiers?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: June 09, 2020, 08:26:17 pm »

"My deepest and most secret hope is that we could teach the Empyreal nobles some manners.  If the Rim was united, and if we leveraged the remaining pirate fleets, we could prevent actions like destroying entire planets.  Perhaps it would even be possible to restore the Endless Emperor/Empress, who is either dead or sleeping at the hands of the nobles.  In the process, we would seed our civilization throughout the stars and demonstrate a different way to govern and protect."

"However,
if you don't have a similar plan, what are your intentions for all these soldiers?"
i think the if you don’t have. Similar plan bit ao8nds bad, but I can’t really explain, I think it makes us so8nd...is arrogant the right word?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: June 09, 2020, 09:44:09 pm »

Removing that part would be fine with me.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: June 09, 2020, 11:14:14 pm »

In bouncing our question back to us, the Thornton daughter reaffirms her fealty.
I wasn't expecting that. It's rather touching.

...anyway.

To bring justice against the Empyre would be a noble cause-- but I do not wish to forget our promise to SEED. What becomes of this world's people, when we leave to war among the stars? Does our bind to SEED's children end with the Plague's destruction?

So too... I have not forgotten our old dream.
Peace. Contentment. Our heir deserves better, than to be bound forever to war.

φοῖνιξ.

This is not our choice to make, godling. Where do your loyalties lie? What do you want of this life?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 11:16:02 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: June 10, 2020, 12:39:13 am »

At The Price of Oblivion

"What are your intentions with them?" You question instead of directly answering the question, and Emma nods, as if she expected this.

"Insurance. This planet...you made a vow to protect it--but there are horrors in the Void. Pirates. Infection. Armies and empires untold that wish to ravage and steal and take. We are safe by your presence alone -- but your death hangs like a sword above our heads." Emma begins, breathing in and out as she takes a step away from you. "You'll never be free if you fear for this world and its people. I wanted to create shepards to protect the beasts of burden. But...besides that--"

Emma breathes out a shaky breath, looking you right in the eye. "You're broken. An Abomination."

"Oh?" Your willpower suddenly coils tight around you like a beast ready to pounce -- William shifts forward in response, but doesn't say anything. Emma's willpower coils and knots in on itself, shifting and breaking apart like grains of sand in the wind. She doesn't meet your gaze. "Alphira figured it out?" You question, quietly.

"I figured it out. And I don't blame you...but...but..." Emma sighs, tears pricking at her eyes. "Tell me Pheobe -- where do you find the most joy? Where do you feel alive?" When you open your mouth to speak, she cuts you off, "And don't lie to me. I've earned that much."

You stay silent. The elevator door opens, but you simply stare at Emma

"You were born to war. Raised to war. Alphira and you...you were both made for it. And you're doomed to it. Do you know what I've seen, Pheobe? Patches of peace between storms of war. Fire. Death. Blood-- broken only by the oblivion of pain relievers and coma." Emma shifts, twisting at her coat. "And I don't know if you can chang--"

"[You cannot.]" Cephie emerges from the elevator, clad in a towel. William and Emma both do double-takes, surprised. "I came to borrow some clothes!" She exclaims with a small smile that twists into a rictus grin as she strides towards the collection. "[But your Oracle has a point. You're cursed, Pretty Pheonix. We all are. But you've got it bad. Too many issues not to have a problem in that ]fucked up[ brain of your's. Despite the paths we might choose to follow, despite our wants and our willpower. There's a price for Ascendence--one we must all pay.]"

"[The Deathwish.]" They say it as one, quietly, coldly.

"[We cannot kill ourselves. Not directly. Never once have I thought of suicide. It used to be on my mind allllll the time.]" Cephie explains, passing you by to enter your room and steal your clothing. Calling out in High Empyreal, "[But what do we do when we're a thousand-- two thousand years old? And the Empyre has passed us by? What do we do when all that we've loved has crumbled to death around us? When our battles have been for nothing, when time loses meaning besides a way to count all that we've lost? ]"

She emerges in a sloppy SEED uniform, adjusting the buttons and tightening the belts. "[The eldest of our kind begin to seek an honorable death. They begin to fight battles with worse and worse odds. They throw themselves into the fray without regard for their health.]" Cephie turns to look at you, eyes moist as she looks through you. "[When they are bleeding, wounded, and broken -- they lift themselves up by willpower alone to return to the fray. A bright candle burning at both ends to throw away their remaining time.]"

"[Our kind does not die comfortably in bed, surrounded by loved ones. That is the price for Ascendence. Comfort. I saw Conquest depicted in her power...There was a sharpened sword above her head...That hung there by the thinnest simple thread..]" Cephie takes a seat, yawning and stretching out. "So what got us on to the morbid topic?"

Your anger boiled over at some point. That much you know -- but William and Cephie were ready. Nothing was damaged, but you've left them behind to soar through the cold winter air, into the ruins of the city-state.  Your blood pounds in your ears. Lucille is still adjusting herself to your frame, but you pay her no mind.

What powers should I experiment with?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 12:41:07 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: June 10, 2020, 12:52:53 am »

Dust manifestation. Condense your will and project a new arm, as you would with your wings. Lose yourself in exertion.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: June 10, 2020, 01:19:17 am »

Ah me. This was the gift of our [Emperor/Empress], I fear... a clean passing.

I'd rather not risk our cohesion on dustwork right now-- and at any rate, I can't help but feel we're here to break something.
Take up the will of McCreary, godling: rend the earth, as you did against your last Colossus. Spikes and chasms.

klonk
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: June 10, 2020, 02:22:57 am »

Dust manifestation. Condense your will and project a new arm, as you would with your wings. Lose yourself in exertion.
+1 It is time for experimentation.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: June 10, 2020, 08:20:56 am »

+1 It is time for experimentation.
Protecting the planet sounds like a good use of the Warmachines. Can someone explain why we’re ready to break things?
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 381