00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240378 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4035 on: June 10, 2020, 11:31:21 am »

You are furious.

Phoenix is... letting off some steam.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: June 10, 2020, 11:36:25 am »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: June 12, 2020, 05:02:18 am »

You touch down in one of the blasted cities, close to where the Bioplastics district once used to stand in proud testament to the industry of SEED. You drift through the rubble, the rotting corpses and the broken glass scattered across the street. The radiation here isn't so bad anymore -- not after the initial blast. It faded quickly, leaving many things intact. One could, if the want struck them, drift through the ruins and probably find mementos of lost loves and dead friends. You knew no one here. Or maybe you did. Many of your friends from the Academy are still missing -- there is no record anymore. Too much centralization, you suppose.

The reason you came here is not to reminisce over fallen friends. From above you saw the scurrying of the Plague as they dug through rubble, searching for technology to steal or corpses to devour. And you've come to put a stop to whatever fell purpose they have. Not out of selflessness, no, but out of burning anger.

[20] Even then, you may have gone a little overboard...

Your arm doesn't return, no matter how much you might try. There must be a natural deterrent in the semi-organic programming of your artificial body. Why? You cannot begin to question. The datapad might have answers for you in the future -- or perhaps Magnus or Cephie could provide such an answer. As for now -- it doesn't work. If your theory and memory are correct, you are a collection of nanites as opposed to a true physical entity. You let fire twist itself to life at your back, upon your empty shoulder, and you focus on the hand that is intact...

[10][18][20]
...and you unravel it into Dust, into Essence, into black particles constrained within a field of your Willpower. They twist and writhe of their own volition, but the struggle is brief. You capture particles of hydrogen between these new reference points and ignite them with minute bursts of electrical energy that your body discharges. A sudden gout of flame burns away the empty cloth surrounding your hand -- and Lucille stiffens the joints of your armor, keeping the glove locked in place.

With a silent flex of your faint blue claws, you smile. Then you begin to compress the hydrogen, feeding the flames until they glow brightly in what dull light shines down through the dull clouds of ash and snow. Faint trails of ice drift down, only to melt away upon approaching your twin claws of fire.

You approach the group of Infected, not bothering to hide as you stroll down the street with a purposeful air. Lines of heat drift out into the cold air, making it shimmer with the difference. Lucille deflects a las-gun shot from your torso --

[7][13][13] And after a brief strain of your willpower, you shred the ground open in front of you to devour those bold enough to fire upon an Angel. The roadway rips itself apart, splitting with a massive crack and a faint rumble of the earth. Savage spikes lance out from the walls to impale the falling Abominations, skewering them through.

-- but you're bored with them. A Colossus screams a static hiss, the ground quaking and shaking as it leverages its immense body through the ruined streets, knocking down what little remains standing as it carves a path of destruction. You turn, waiting patiently, your claws of fire twitching impatiently. You tense your leg muscles, slowly building the pressure of the hydrogen within your wings.

[12 vs. 7] It crashes through a building, and slams a gray tentacle down to crush you -- but you were ready. You lift your claws and catch the flailing appendage with fire and energy as opposed to weak flesh. You feel a shockwave through your arms, your legs, your muscles and bones- but flex against it. Then, with a sudden twist of Willpower, you burn through the armor and flesh of the fell worm --

-- and you throw the severed tentacle to the side as its beady, leech black eyes survey the data you just provided it. Could it express emotion besides rage and hunger, you would think it was surprised. You stare up at it, a figure of gold and black, with glowing claws of flame and seven burning wings that dull the sun's own brilliance. Black viscera drips down your facemask, staining the grinning androgynous, angelic carving with stinking ichor. This feels good. This feels right. This -scum- deserves death. These are your people -- and if it thinks it can do with them what it wills without your permission? There's going to be repercussions.

[||||||\]

Is it wrong that I enjoy this? Does that make me a monster? Does it make me a MONSTER THAT I WANT TO RIP OUT ITS GODSDAMNED ORGANS THROUGH THAT TRAVESTY OF A MOUTH?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:28:08 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: June 12, 2020, 05:22:31 am »

No. Wanting to end the Plague does not make you a monster. Let's finish thiz and attack more plague territory

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: June 12, 2020, 07:35:42 am »

Sure kill all of them you want it saves you having to kill them later.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: June 12, 2020, 09:39:37 am »

It makes you a daughter of our Line, φοῖνιξ-- Sol's child, for good or ill. You will surpass us all.
Wreak your fury. Exult in it. It is yours.

...mind your wound.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: June 12, 2020, 11:27:39 am »

It is what it is.  As long as you focus your hate on the wicked, your intent is noble, not monstrous.

Sever more tentacles.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: June 13, 2020, 10:13:34 pm »

((Hi! So, due to an ill-conceived idea, I will be unable to post today. I apologize for the inconvenience. After this weekend, I will post at my regular pace and schedule. Thanks for your patience. TLDR: I got five hours of sleep and worked 16+ hours. Too tired to post. This isn't dead, I promise.))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: June 13, 2020, 10:16:26 pm »

((No worries, real life takes priority.  Take as long as you need.))

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: June 13, 2020, 10:59:24 pm »

((No worries, real life takes priority.  Take as long as you need.))

+1

But yah, sleep's important. Take care of yourself Egar.  :)

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: June 16, 2020, 11:52:52 pm »

((I RETURN))

[19 vs. 5][2] The Colossus finishes sizing you up, but you were expecting it. You leap out of the way, trying to summon the Willpower to strike the beast with fire. However, your arithmetic runs into a problem-- instead you hack and slash the offending tentacles, slicing them away. Black ichor splatters the paving stones as you size up the creature for another strike.

[||||||.]

[7 vs. 10][6] It twists back in pain, rearing up to face you with a lash of its tentacles and a guttural snarl that brings down more mortar and brick from the broken houses nearby. It begins to produce static, hissing heavily to try and dampen your formulas and ruin your concentration. It works, the noise, the vibrations in the air, they distract you, stabbing deep into your central nervous system. You grit your teeth, and, with a release of stored hydrogen through your wings, you lunge at the creature.

[5 vs. 20] [1 vs. 18] [12] Your thigh snaps as you are batted out of the sky and sent spiraling into the street. You catch yourself, rolling with the attack. With pained gasps, you take hold of your leg -- Lucille protected you from the Infection, thank all the gods. All you have to show for the brutal swipe is a broken thigh bone and a few bruises from your rolling fall.

[18-1] Granted distance by the creature's rage, you drag yourself to your feet, biting down hard to stifle your scream of pain as your thigh bone is snapped back into place and mended by your Essence. With shaky breaths, you eye the creature as it coils itself down the street to chase after it's prey.

[2-1 vs 2] You lunge again as it nears you -- but with a flex, a convulsion of its ugly muscles, a burst of lightning lashes out into the cold air, striking you in the chest. Your breath catches as you fall back, panic surging up as your muscles tense and seize from the voltage pouring through them. Your armor deflects most of it and begins to breathe for you as you crouch--

[20 vs. 1] Tentacles lash down -- only to find you missing. A sudden burst of speed as you force hydrogen into your wings, propelling you straight into the creature's torso. Claws first. You burn a grievous wound, the size of your body, into the beast as you rip and tear your way through its 'chest'. It screams and it static fails it in its pain.

[|||....]

[12 vs. 6] The tide turns as you pivot, firing forward with your wings and dragging your 'claws' into its back, scoring it with burns and savage rends. Ichor follows your path as you force the dull edges of your 'claws' through its skin and armor. Your arms ache from the exertion -- even if the flesh sublimates the instant your talons touch it.

[||.....]

[2 vs. 2] It swats at you, scoring its back and slamming you into its fleshy torso. It does not penetrate your armor, thankfully, and you dig your claws in deeper, twisting and squirming them in retort. It screams again as you pull yourself away from those razor-tipped appendages, glad to be no worse for the wear.

[|......]

It slumps as ichor pours from the horrid wounds you, and itself, inflicted on its armored flesh. The street below your feet has a pool of its blood spreading wider and wider. It collapses with rasping breaths, its eyes turning to find your face as it weakly scrabbles to reach you. Its ichor drips from the orifice you would call its mouth. Rage still boils within you, even if you're coated in a thick layer of its blood and viscera. You approach, twisting your claws, feeling powerful. This is where you belong -- standing above your maimed foe.

[20 vs. 18] "BEG." You roar, slamming your claws into its face and dragging it up to 'look' at you. "I -own- this planet, Plague. And I will rip you apart to protect it. BEG!" Its tentacles curl upward weakly as the feral spark leaves its eyes. It twists its 'facial' appendages, miming a very human begging motion.

[19 vs. 20] You hesitate. You were just talking trash -- but this creature is actually begging for its life.

Your mercy doesn't last long -- you kill it by extending your claw and ripping its face apart with a gout of black and brain. You drop the corpse and stagger back, slumping down as you stare at the lifeless abomination in front of you.

What now?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 12:11:31 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: June 17, 2020, 12:18:38 am »

The plague deserves no mercy.

Engage healing factor and then try to overwhelm an infected with your will, leaving it either compliant or broken. Then, freeze it solid.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 12:45:25 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: June 17, 2020, 03:44:47 am »

Engage healing factor and then try to overwhelm an infected with your will, leaving it either compliant or broken. Then, freeze it solid.
+1 Sounds good, and after that find more plague things to kill.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: June 17, 2020, 06:16:45 am »

+1 Sounds good, and after that find more plague things to kill.
+1 for finding more plague hosts to kill, but I don’t think we can convert something we killed, we can freeze it though, nvm, rereading this mentions finding another to try this with, +1 to all

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: June 17, 2020, 09:49:11 am »

((Heyo!))

Hold, elders.

This is what you are capable of, daughter-of-Sol-- this and more. This is the power that makes you a god to this world.

Now, I ask: can you be all this, and remember still what is dear to you? Can you be all this, and remember still the identity you have built for yourself these three years?

Your Ascendancy will tear you apart, φοῖνιξ, if you cannot. It will strip away your humanity, and leave you a monster in truth. A [demon].
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:24:54 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 381