00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240304 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4125 on: June 23, 2020, 03:09:15 pm »

((You can carry out multiple propositions at once. I mostly wanted to organize the information in an easily memorable way, so that no matter what is discussed or added there's a summary of the matters at hand. You can also suggests edits or questions. As everyone knows, meetings do not obey the laws of time.))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: June 23, 2020, 04:04:44 pm »

As far as proposition 2 is concerned, I see that it is not very popular, but I think it would be valuable to meet with the Outlander, even if we don't marry him.  There are other ways to secure alliances.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 04:07:11 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: June 23, 2020, 06:38:25 pm »

As far as proposition 2 is concerned, I see that it is not very popular, but I think it would be valuable to meet with the Outlander, even if we don't marry him.  There are other ways to secure alliances.
yes. We should still meet. I don’t see the problem with the marriage to secure the alliance, though it’s clear I’m the outlier, we can attempt to discuss with him not her way of securing an alliance.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 06:40:43 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: June 24, 2020, 01:16:49 am »

"Did any machinery survive from the Bioplastics region? And have we picked clean the Hydrogen Production Factories?"

"Afraid not and afraid so, Mother Pheonix," Armssmith states, shifting uncomfortably. "The Bioplastics region took a great deal of damage from the earthquakes and explosion. The hydrogen plants didn't fare much better. Scavengers and Infected have took what they could."

You nod, turning your attention to the young Crusader General.

"Isela I approve of your construction project. Make it happen." You firmly command, glancing over at Cephie, who deflates. "One way or another, I'll see that your ship gets good armor. I expect a strategic plan to be drawn up as soon as it's finished. It's maiden voyage will be baptized with Infected Blood. Am I understood?"

Isela ducks her head in a bow, a smile forming on her lips.

"Hoganson," You begin, not really looking at him, "I want you to draft a document for your plans. It intrigues me, but I will not agree to anything as vague as you have currently suggested. You are a Family-man, but you serve me and my state. Make sure this document and plan reflect that. Thank you." You politely respond, shifting your head on your hand to fix your bright blue eyes on the man. He doesn't flinch, only bowing his head and giving a nod.

"Next thing -- I will visit this [Khagnate]. The concept of a city within that wasteland intrigues me -- and I rule this planet. It would be good to see all of it." You instruct to Mellone. "Please, organize this visit, if you could."

"Yes, Mother Pheonix." Mellone bows her head -- and Lacey looks annoyed by the concept. Today, of all days, you couldn't care less if she approves. The Outlanders are so refreshing compared to this backstabbing, overzealous lot.

"My gift lies on the way there, Pheonix," Nicole states, with a tight, controlled bow. "Would you be so kind as to work that into your schedule?"

The City-State will begin working on Project Mobile Forward Assualt Base. It will be completed within three to four months. Isela will have a plan of attack by then.
You will visit the [Khagnate] within a week.
Hoganson will begin drafting documents to return some powers to the Families in return for Military Support.

Is there anything else to be done this session?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 01:24:48 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: June 24, 2020, 01:24:01 am »

"I would like to establish a new ministry dedicated to representing and making known the hopes and concerns of our populace.  The minister would be selected in a free and fair election, available to all.  Is this something that can be done?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: June 24, 2020, 07:28:00 am »

"I would like to establish a new ministry dedicated to representing and making known the hopes and concerns of our populace.  The minister would be selected in a free and fair election, available to all.  Is this something that can be done?"
+1 We should also go see what Nicole has to show us.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: June 24, 2020, 07:44:21 am »

+1

Hotfire90

« Reply #4132 on: June 24, 2020, 02:20:38 pm »

+1
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: June 24, 2020, 05:08:28 pm »

We can have a look at Nicole's offering on our way to the [Khaganate], I imagine.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: June 24, 2020, 05:18:46 pm »

She mentioned taking time off the schedule, plus it would be better to see what the gift is by ourselves rather than making the travel time longer for everyone going with us

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: June 25, 2020, 02:32:53 am »

The room goes silent, and you lazily drift your eyes around the room to each of your Ministers in turn. A few look annoyed. Most seem neutral on the concept.

Minister Hoganson's lips curl into a small frown, and intense expression of emotion for the emotionless man that sits so close to you. He rubs at his face for a few, quiet moments. "SEED previously instituted something of the same sort. People were organized into 'churches' and voted for people who would vote on the Pontifex. But that institution was corrupt. The Pontifex was -corrupt-. The church leaders were -corrupt- and SEED--"

"The Pontifex was a man of SEED. A direct oracle from which the people could speak and could be spoken too -- surely we have no need of that now? And surely you would be a better man than to disrespect such an Oracle? If he was so corrupt, than SEED would not have accepted him, would he? Or are you saying SEED is fallible?" Minister Lacey cuts him off sharply, darkly.

"It's honestly about time. Folks have been getting antsy." Is all Minister MacGruder states, "Reorganization of the churches would bring some stability back." He opines, placidly. Glancing towards Hoganson. "The Last Pontifex did all right by the folk -- just not the Inbr-- Sorry, the Families."

Minister Nettle does not speak, shifting in her seat and picking at grime and oil beneath her fingernails with a very carefully detached air. She doesn't meet your gaze either.

"A lot of the institutions of Old SEED were corrupt, Hoganson. You'd know all about that though, would you, hmmh?" Head Guardian Lauren Mack carefully barbs. "But the Pontifex..." Her eyes meet your's in defiance. "I'm sure plenty of people know that position has power and influence. Perhaps our God-Queen should take it for herself. She would win any election."

"As a Crusader, I do not have opinion on the politics of the Scholarly or Civilian side of our government -- we'll keep it that way, thank you." Isela states, formally. "As long as no group interferes with what needs to be done to keep our people safe and our Crusade going."

"So we're going let people vote on some random person -- without vetting them? Without keeping an eye on our security? What if they elect a cultist? Or someone who opposes the war? What then? Do we have to knife him in a dark alley some day? The Pontifex had guards too -- will whoever this person is get the same? Know how much trouble someone could cause with a band of thugs and the will of the People?" William questions, idly, "I'm in favor if it matters. Stormmont is too boring. Could spice up the place a little to have some dissent in the ranks."

Minister Mellone returns your eye contact, "I've no opinion on this, Mother Pheonix."

"Neither d--d-do I." Minister Geoyde adds, stuttering, when your gaze tracks to him

"[If it was organized in a different way, I would be in full support. I've...seen,]" Emma speaks softly to you in High Empyreal, "[A few worlds with different political groups all balanced against one another. We've got the makings of it, between the Nobility, the Scholars, and the Public. Perhaps we could organize something of a similar nature. But it seems like the best type of government for making fast decisions is a Dictatorship. Representative democracies are slow in a crisis.]"

Minister Foster doesn't appear to be paying attention-- she doodles on one of her folders with disinterest. "There's those Scholars that were in the Societal Direction Group or whatever. They got shuffled around. Could set them on it."

"Well, while you lot hash that out, I'll go schedule a hovercraft, Pheonix." Nicole turns and hobbles out the door, giving the room one long look that matches your's. "Pleasure meeting some of you for the first time  -- and pleasure meeting some of you again."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: June 25, 2020, 02:49:35 am »

If we die or are forced to leave this world, we must leave behind a power structure that can adapt to our loss.  Some form of democracy seems like a decent way to achieve that.

"It sounds like this sort of thing could be workable if the resulting government officials were not corrupt.  An intense vetting of all candidates combined with powerful oversight from Internal Affairs and our Guardians could help with that.  In any case, however, please have the Scholars research it and come up with a viable democratic solution.  I know that some of you are not in favor of it, but I would like you to keep an open mind as we strive to rebuild our nation."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: June 25, 2020, 03:07:50 am »

There's a chorus of 'ayes' and 'yes, Mother Pheonix's that echoes through the room. Hoganson is the most half-hearted of the group -- William the most bored.

"[What do you think] Moore Thornton [is for, Pheonix?]" Emma quietly asks.

"[Leave him the] fuck [out of this.]" William is no longer the bored, drunken sod he's been playing for so long lately as he straightens in his chair. "[We share blood with that boy now. We're not going to make hi-]"

"[Suddenly the monster has a heart?]" Emma retorts sharply, voice rising as she glares at her elder brother. "[Suddenly the murderer wants the boy to live a good life when you tried to have] Pheo-Pheonix [take it? Stop playing the hypocrite. He's not the redemption you hope for. We're all tools of fate here.]"

"You know we cant understand a single word the two of you are saying, right?" Head Guardian Mack calls out to the arguing siblings. "Like. Not one bit. I think all I could understand was 'fuck' and 'Pheonix.'"

"You're a tool." William bluntly retorts to his sister. "[Father ruined us. You want to put the boy through that? Political marriages? The backstabbing, the shadowy deals, the blood that you can't scrub clean?] Fuck [off] Emma, [and stop playing at being heartless.]"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 03:11:03 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: June 25, 2020, 03:17:02 am »

"Ah, just a moment, ministers.  [Please... let's not fight like this.  The] Moore [boy deserves to have a good life, and if he does decide to come for me at some point, I would understand.]"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 03:39:21 am by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: June 25, 2020, 03:38:00 am »

[1] "[I'll leave that to you, then,] William. [Tell me, was it so easy to kill] Polly?" Emma ignores you.

William is out of his chair in a flash, standing up and leaning over the table. The old rage has returned. His eyes are bright, and fingers creep under his coat. Also, ignoring you. "[I regret it every damn day and you know that. I told you that I--]"

Emma is similarly out of her seat, her own hand in her coat. Hoganson's hand drifts to the same area, as does Lauren Mack's. Eric shifts forward to intercede, trying to put himself between the feuding siblings. The guards look to you, then begin to move with great hesitation and care. "[Yeah? And if you regretted it so much, why did you try to steal Pheonix away too? You're such an] asshole [that you can't let your little sister have a 'toy' that you haven't played with first.]"

William's eyes widen as they glance towards you, then back to his sister. Anger replaces shock, "[I didn--]"

[20+6 vs 17+1 / 10+2 / 17+5 / 1+1] "Shut up and sit down!" The anger that's been stewing inside of you bursts forth into words of command -- your willpower sweeps over the room like a blaze. Your words have an effect on everyone. The siblings can't even sit in their chairs as their bodies betray them. Cephie plops down onto the floor with a look of shock. Eric is on his rear faster than you can register. The guards are in a similar state -- only some tumble to the ground as they try to sit mid-step up the stairs. Perhaps if you were in a better mood, this would be comical.

You are not, however. You bite your lip, and, with your only hand you rub at your face. No one says a word.

Its days like this that I wish I could get drunk.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 03:41:04 am by 19_EgarAlnis »
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 381