00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240281 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4590 on: July 13, 2020, 09:48:07 pm »

Your concern for my wellbeing is adorable and simultaneously amusing. Your mirror image smiles, as the suit settles quietly. Do you think all beings can be redeemed? That everyone really does want to be good? That, I just need a firm hand and friendship and I'll be your best friend?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: July 13, 2020, 09:54:25 pm »

"I do not believe that all beings are capable of redemption, but, in general, I am willing to help beings seek penance if that is what they genuinely desire.  Do you have any virtues that you subscribe to?  What do you want in life?"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 10:07:48 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: July 13, 2020, 11:15:13 pm »

I've already told you once before. Your youthful charge listened. Why didn't you?  Do you believe that I am more complicated than what I have shown you already?

[8] While you two work out whatever it is you're doing, I'm going to actually pay attention to something that matters -- not a jumped up suit of armor who's throwing a tantrum because its creator got stabbed.

I could kill you in an instant you ungrateful, snot nosed--

Make sure to do it quick, because I'll blow us both to hell in an instant. You know I can and will. Or did you think that dream you put me in was a fluke? As for you, Doctor, its a brat throwing a tantrum. Ignore it and it'll stop acting out. Or not, and then I can kill it.

The mirror Pheobe stays silent, seething as you turn the datapad on and confirm your order. The Armorer nods, adjusting your bartering amount by the cost of what you lawfully purchased from the Pirates. "The hand, if you still want it, is a full surgical kit with the required implants and pain meds and antibiotics and such already inside. It's one hundred credits." You hesitate, then, remembering your advisor's advice, you give a nod. A small total flashes on the screen, giving you your remaining total in a neat and pretty graphic.

Available Funds for Barter: 37757 [Empyreal Energy Credits]

"You'll deliver those to the Crusader camp, if you please."

"Of course. We'll send a craft righ' away. Probably deliver William while we're at it."

"Oh, and can you gift wrap them? Put a nice bow on it for me?" You question, innocently. The Armorer raises a brow, then gives you a grin.

"Of course, m'lady."

With the armor still sulking, you rise, snuffing out the fire with a twist of your will. If you're not mistaken, you have two? Three days? Before you meet with the Khagnate.

There's a chime from the datapad, which, you're pretty sure you're going to steal, and Cephie waves up from the routed call. "So, get this right, Emma was already preparing a New Year's party! She didn't even flinch when I said we would be bringing like three hundred off-worlders to Stormmont to enjoy themselves." Cephie grins, stretching, "She's going to have booze, some chef named Mary is already preparing the meals -- bartenders, prostitutes -- if we get the Pirates to bring some music, we can have an actual, honest to the Gods party!"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 11:19:45 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: July 13, 2020, 11:30:12 pm »

"I was hoping that perhaps there was more to you, yes.  I will end our conversation with one final question.  You said you knew the names of my Ancestors.  What are those names?"

Express approval.  Hopefully things won't get too rowdy.  After the party, we can broach the topic of Emma joining us in training.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 02:27:02 am by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: July 14, 2020, 01:39:04 am »

...didn't even flinch.
Did Emma know we'd find this void-craft, and the Marines contained therein?

This "party" sounds a right debauch, and no mistake... still, I've a sneaking suspicion the young oracle knows exactly what she's doing. I'm inclined to trust her in this matter.
Nicely done just now, by the by. I daresay you've regained the Armorer's good graces.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: July 14, 2020, 02:48:30 am »

I know the names you call yourselves, Doctor. Deoxys. King,  Constantine. I know which of you urged Patches on for blood--and I know which stayed silent. No doubt you all have great stories and tales and were powerful -- but remember. Even a 'god' can die. Made by mortals to suffer the same fate, and all that.

Mmh. Pirates respect wit, cleverness, and sarcasm -- and exaggeration. They are a lively bunch.

"Sounds good, Cephie."

"One thing though -- she's going to address the Pirates...but she wants you to come up with a speech for your 'flock'. She wants you to come up with something."

...shit.

"...you...are you okay?" Cephie asks, after your long pause.

"I-...I don't like public speaking."

"...What?"

"I really don't like it."

"Are you afraid of...of making speeches?!" Cephie is all mirth, a wide grin curling her lips as her eyes light up.

"No!" You protest.

"Oh my gods you are! The slayer of the Plague, the woman who spat in a Noble's face -- is afraid of giving a speech!" You disconnect the call as Cephie bursts into laughter. You realize you're flushing -- and the Mirror Pheobe is giggling. With a painful pull, you disconnect the armor from your body, throwing the wire back at it. A text message pops up on the datapad. Party tomorrow! - Cephie.

You sigh, looking up at the rising sun. You have some time to kill, you suppose.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: July 14, 2020, 02:57:30 am »

Check whether the brothers we met in the town ruins were ever reunited with their Family.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: July 14, 2020, 03:05:07 am »

You feel like being in the middle of nowhere would make that hard to do -- and Cephie is the only other person currently in possession of an Empyreal Network-enabled device. You are not calling her again.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: July 14, 2020, 03:08:52 am »

Practice invisibility, starting with a small portion of your body, and moving on to larger portions if you achieve success.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: July 14, 2020, 05:12:44 am »

Practice invisibility, starting with a small portion of your body, and moving on to larger portions if you achieve success.
+1 Being able to be invisible would be a useful thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: July 14, 2020, 06:05:00 am »

I’m guessing this would be accomplished by bending light so that we match whatever’s behind us
+1 Being able to be invisible would be a useful thing.
+1 to trying it

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: July 14, 2020, 01:04:57 pm »

Let us make one thing clear: any twisting of light around this vessel is to be attempted at Phoenix's discretion. Not ours. She has asked as much, and we will accede.

Honing of the will is always valuable. I'm curious as to the combat utility of our probability manipulations myself-- or perhaps you've an idea or two of your own to try out?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: July 14, 2020, 02:09:04 pm »

Let us make one thing clear: any twisting of light around this vessel is to be attempted at Phoenix's discretion. Not ours. She has asked as much, and we will accede.

Honing of the will is always valuable. I'm curious as to the combat utility of our probability manipulations myself-- or perhaps you've an idea or two of your own to try out?
Agreed.
Only try this if you want to. If you’d rather not try making your body invisible, what about trying to make something nearby invisible instead? Just to test whether something like that is even possible

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: July 14, 2020, 03:22:57 pm »

[16] You breathe out a breath and shut your eyes. The transfer and calculation of the data required makes your head throb painfully, but you focus. Moving your invisible hand to look through it, you notice it blur as you have to constantly readjust the data to account for a change in position.

You cut the calculation, and glance to your armor.

"Take a very, very, very light swing at me."

It nods, lifting a fist and stepping forward.

[15] It's body gives all the clues you need to gracefully dodge the blow, --

[15] And you duck under the other easily.

[7] You don't really think you've learned anything. It's telegraphing it's attacks in order to be relatively gentle with your tender flesh.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 04:32:41 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: July 14, 2020, 03:27:06 pm »

Create a mirage, starting with something small, such as a stone.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 381