00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240272 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4710 on: July 27, 2020, 10:20:22 pm »

Friendships are important for your mental health.  Perhaps you can try approaching Eric another time, or even approach one of your ministers.  If you could befriend one of the Pirates, that could be useful.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: July 27, 2020, 11:27:40 pm »

Ha-hm, maybe not the ministers. Convoluted, backbiting sort of folk, they.
Isela, perhaps. Eric, if not for his zealotry.

It was... a joy, to see you as yourself last night. Unburdened. Phoebe Gainer.
I have sought in past, to identify people you can relax around. You deserve such closeness-es as mere dust elders cannot offer.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: July 28, 2020, 12:08:05 am »

I think Phoenix was saying that she would like to be friends with Eric.  You disapprove?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: July 28, 2020, 12:40:41 am »

No!

Just-- he's a believer. His faith has meant everything to him. The last time we disturbed that faith... it was a near thing. A near thing.
Eric would be a wonderful friend. He's one of the few people on this rock who's struck me as well and truly trustworthy. I just don't know how to go to "friend" from "god".
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:43:32 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: July 28, 2020, 12:52:22 am »

i think we've made a good first step already.  We are a more human god than SEED, and this allows us to be more relatable, even to the faithful.  Dropping formal language and tone around Eric could help, and if we can make him loyal by friendship rather than solely through faith, that will put us in a better position to ensure his long-term support.

Also, sparring could be an activity that would allow us to bond with him.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 01:41:14 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: July 28, 2020, 06:36:05 am »

Its time to open up and try to make some friends.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: July 28, 2020, 09:42:55 am »

Everyone wants something in the end.

See, this is why I don't trust or particularly like Cephie.

...don't tell Cephie I said that.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: July 28, 2020, 10:45:05 pm »

...hah. I won't. So I should try to open up more around Eric? Drop the formalities and see how he responds? I'll give it a shot, I suppose.

The elevator door slides open, and you step out into your 'level'. William, Isela, the Ministers, and Emma lounge comfortably in the waiting area. Emma, however, rises, directing you to your bedroom. "I was just informed -- the Khagnate has sent a emissary to view the service and meet with you after. The Council has prepared an outfit for you."

"That is...abrupt."

"Mellone told me he just arrived."

You sigh, stretching as you drift into your bedroom.

What...is this?

A long-sleeved tunic hangs from your door, ornate with gold thread, dyed with oranges and reds. A crimson capelet with a jade brooch hangs over the shoulder with the sleeve removed. It comes with a pair of black silk leggings, and you note with a scowl that there's far too many laces down the sides. A long, dangly belt falls from the waist, a sash of blue with intricate golden stichwork.

"What is this, Emma?" You call, sharply.

"An Outlander gift from the Khagnate. We of course, modified it--"

"Why is it so orange- is it even my size?!"

"It might be a bit small--"

You eye the fabric, frowning.

Do you wear what has been provided for you? Or choose something else?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:56:48 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: July 28, 2020, 10:52:19 pm »

Wear what’s been provided

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: July 28, 2020, 11:09:23 pm »

The capelet is pretty-- you could wear that, and eschew the rest for a uniform. A nod to the Outlanders' generosity; an assertion of your position as soldier-queen.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: July 28, 2020, 11:20:33 pm »

You're not the Khaganate's dog.  They requested this alliance.  Choose one item to wear, one that fits, and ignore the rest.  Plus, consider the context.  The most faithful of your people are here, and they would not be thrilled to see you wearing the garb of the Outlanders, who rejected this religion, during a religious service.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 02:44:01 am by ZBridges »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: July 29, 2020, 01:03:54 am »

Ha, they probably heard you were fiery, Phoenix, and wanted to get you a matching outfit.

Turning down a gift is rude, but maybe you want to a be a bit rude?

Perhaps if you do not like the leggings choose something in your own style that matches the top.

Belt is nice though.  Maybe just grab the belt and capelet with the brooch and pick something else that matches them better.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: July 29, 2020, 03:56:55 am »

If you want to wear it wear it, if you don't want to don't.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: July 29, 2020, 11:30:39 am »

You give the nod to yourself. Instead of the Outlander clothing, you dress in a SEED military uniform. After you finish lacing the boots and buttoning the shirt, you pull on the belt, tightening the blue sash around your slim waist. The capelet drapes over your shoulder, and after a glance in the mirror, you step out the door.

"Damn." Emma murmurs.

"Pay up." Cephie giggles, as credits exchange hands.

The services drag on, as they often do. You sit in the front of the crowds but keep your distance from them and the center stage. Instead, you try your best to look imperious, listening to them preach and pontificate. You hear them call out sinners and heretics, those that would deny you. Then theres the lessons about health and wellbeing.

You find it amusing that the scientific data shared is about the damages of alcohol on the liver and the damage of other drugs on the brain. You feel like Minister Sterling is trying to say something.

You rise from your chair during one of the recesses, stretching your long limbs and heading out the door, when Minister Mellone intercepts you. The council is waiting for you.

You stride into the chamber, taking your place at the head of the table, and sit patiently until the emissary enters. Stocky, with thick muscles, a long reddish-brown beard, and dark eyes. His outfit is of wools and leathers, and a long, bone-handled knife hangs off his belt. His guards are dressed the same, except for the las-guns at their shoulders. Your bodyguards quietly, tensely consider them as they enter.

"Greetings -- It is a gift to be met with on such short notice, Pheonix of the Holylands. May I present the emissary of Khan Samkrend: [Khudal, lit falsehood, prank, fool] Of The City Clan."

Khudal is younger than his announcer, and dressed in lavish cashmere, with insect silks and well-tooled leathers. Tall, dark-skinned, with a cold, calculating stare that finds you in an instant. His hair, unlike the others, is pitch black.

"[What a poor reception.]" Khudal complains to his herald in the Outlander Tongue while smiling at you. "[Why do we seek to ally with these priestly paupers?]"

"Khudal says you are truly masters of hospitality."

"[And she isn't even wearing the gift -- too freewilled, I would think.]"

"He says you look wonderful in the silks of the Outland, your highness."

"[Ask her what she might offer us, if we were to ally, besides too many mouths to feed.]"

"Khudal wishes to how an alliance would be beneficial? For both of us. In your own words."

Isela and Mellone look uncomfortable, but hold their tongues. Emma frowns quietly.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 11:57:31 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: July 29, 2020, 01:47:20 pm »

"It is too often that two rising powers find themselves at war.  An alliance will allow us to avert a costly conflict and ensure both our nations' continued prosperity.  In addition, the Khanate would benefit from our advanced technology.  In just a few years, we will have the capability to enter the Void and explore other worlds."

Smile.  "Have you seen our armaments?  This is a shield belt that neutralizes incoming fire.  Would you like to see a demonstration, alongside some of our weapons?"

If he says yes, get one of the Voidmarines to put on a demonstration of military might.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 02:24:57 pm by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 381