00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240334 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4905 on: August 17, 2020, 09:21:18 pm »

Considering that when we fell to earth we looked like little more than "a pile of meat," I'm pretty sure that we can regenerate fingers.  Cutting off a small part of our body that we can then regrow seems like a small price to pay for infinite weapons of mass destruction.

What about regrowing our arm?

Who knows, Phoenix may wish to retain that wound as a symbol of what we went through to enable the Holy Citizens to escape Armageddon by the skin of their teeth.

That's a good point.  It's not clear to me how and when our baseline changes.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: August 17, 2020, 09:47:48 pm »

((Finally done. Holy crap! Lots of work on this. Let me know if anything is out of order. I'm recovering from a busy weekend and a bender.))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:52:58 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: August 17, 2020, 10:11:04 pm »

I think we should use the cybernetic arm

I think your city is marvelous.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: August 17, 2020, 10:17:00 pm »

((Would you mind providing an update on the nuclear testing facility?))

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: August 17, 2020, 10:18:21 pm »

((The literal hole in the ground you commissioned for personal use? That's been done for months.))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: August 17, 2020, 10:22:18 pm »

((Ah... I thought it would be more than a hole in the ground, but perhaps we should have been clearer.))

"It's very impressive.  I look forward to seeing it and meeting your people."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: August 17, 2020, 10:39:12 pm »

"Your city is marvelous. Impressive. I look forward to seeing it and meeting your people." You state, looking out over the city from atop the spire. It spreads out beneath you.

"Ah! I wish you to get acquainted with it as well, Pheonix!" Samkrend states, cheerfully.

Then he shoves you off the edge with a strain of powerful muscle. You twist and unfurl your wings in an instant, staring at him in surprise as the fire pushes against the air and keep you at roughly the same elevation.

"Goddess indeed!" Samkrend laughs, turning his back to you to walk away. Your jaw works as you bite back your anger -- but it takes a glance to Mellone to truly calm your fury. She shakes her head gently, her eyes pleading with you. You drop back down on to the pad, and follow him down to the lower level. The streets between the pad and the palace have been cleared for you, and your retinue and Samkrend's guards make your way casually down it, until you reach the Palace gates. Servants appear to show you your rooms in the guest palace, before directing you to a dining hall.

You take a seat on a cushion, across from the Khaganate. A firepit lays filled with smouldering coals -- the room is plain, unadorned. Filled with nothing but the cushions and stern guards. Two sullen indiviuals sit nearby him, a man and a woman, roughly William's age. Beside the man, Rekhyt lounges. He flashes a cheerful smile and a wave as you and your retinue settle into your seats.

"So, since you people are so busy, busy, I'm curious about something before I let you avail yourself of my hospitality. I mean to make war upon you if our alliance doesn't go through. Tell me, why should I form one with you?" The small tables in front of you are bare.

That's a bad sign -- no food means we do not enjoy guest rights yet.

"[The Holy City is in ruins, Father.]" Rekhyt volunteers, "[They do not have the industry to oppose us -- the Crusaders are spread thin]."

Samkrend nods, his dark eyes turning on you once again. The smile fades. "I owe much to Nicole, but not enough to give up such opportunity." Nicole, for her part, looks annoyed, but settles back in the cushion. You cross your legs.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 10:45:01 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: August 17, 2020, 10:44:17 pm »

"We are weak.  I doubt we would be able to withstand your forces.  Perhaps you should just attack us?  However, we have much in the way of technology to share with you if you do decide to be merciful.  Your strength could increase tenfold, without a costly war."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 02:20:15 am by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: August 17, 2020, 11:00:11 pm »

Lots of work on this

((Shyeah, no kidding! Wonderfully done-- and uh, sorry to put you through that.  :-X ))

That's a good point.  It's not clear to me how and when our baseline changes.

We've been told that degradation of the baseline is tied to alteration of the identity. To such trauma as shakes one's perception of the self.
Thus, injuries with a certain emotional weight tend to linger. So too, those injuries that are left untreated long enough to engrave themselves in the subconscious.

Hm! Good day, Φοῖνιξ. Such fine fires you've cast, these past couple days.

I'm... confused as to what we'd accomplish with words of weakness. Are we offering sarcasm? Baiting war?
I'm half-inclined to just dispense with the subtleties outright. Fire and show. Assent that such a war could well hurt our people... but make clear but that the Khaganate would burn for it.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: August 17, 2020, 11:04:39 pm »

If they do not immediately attack us with overwhelming force, they would lose such a war.  We would wipe them from the face of this planet.  It's safer for them to think that we are weak than to think that we are strong, a threat that can be casually eliminated that poses no true obstacle.

Note what Rekhyt is saying, even though he knows better.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: August 17, 2020, 11:25:32 pm »

You could crush this city, right here, right now.  Before you knew about this city the plan was to exterminate any outlanders who the nation needed land and resources from. You need him for organizing and industrial reasons so be honest about the reasons.

At the least I very much suggest you do not play weak.

But be honest about the technology you can offer.  You could help them create a truly globe spanning nation.  Possibly star spanning.  With his organizing and your technology, his skilled army and your individually powerful people, you could easily crush the plague and build up.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: August 17, 2020, 11:39:11 pm »

Hmmh. Why does Rekhyt say those things?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: August 17, 2020, 11:46:39 pm »

I think he is trying to help us and signal how we should approach this, but I'm not sure.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: August 18, 2020, 07:31:45 am »

It’d be better if we fight united against the plague, if w3 fight amongst each other, the plague will wipe all of us out

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: August 18, 2020, 08:54:40 am »

Lets not tell him we're a weak nation as I have a feeling that he'll think he can just take over our stuff, but we should tell him about all the tech stuff we can offer.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 381