00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240294 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4935 on: August 20, 2020, 12:52:32 am »

Barring unforseen accident or your partner's Ascension, absolutely.  What do you think of Rekhyt?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: August 20, 2020, 01:15:00 am »

Agency of the betrothed... these Outlanders are startlingly civil about their arranged marriages.
I'm curious as to the nature of this "meeting on the battlefield". An old custom?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: August 20, 2020, 01:23:16 am »

As in, we will try to kill each other.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: August 20, 2020, 01:34:51 am »

"You are quite civil with your arranged marriages." You muse.

"A divorce spells war. A husband slaughtered in his bed spells war. A wife killed in jealousy spells war. We've learned our lessons through too many wars to count. Our ways are written in the blood of mistakes." Samkrend shrugs, "Besides, despite their...flaws. I do love my children. The younger ones, at least."

"On the battlefield? Is that a custom?"

"No. A metaphor. We will have to go to war. I trust my family. They learn command from any Ex-Crusader officer I can find. You would be surprised at how many live in the wastes."

"You learn from cowards." Nicole sniffs, interrupting.

"Not everyone can get the same opportunity I did, Mother Gainer. You taught me well." Samkrend laughs, but his eyes show no mirth. "I still have the scars of your discipline."

"And I, Child Damien, I still have the scars from the grenade you dropped in my tent."

"That was never proven, I may remind." Samkrend laughs again at her statement, and a wry smile curves Nicole's lips.

"Why are you so fixated on warring with the Holyland?" You question, interrupting the reminisce.

"Two Barker packs meet over the corpse of an insect. They work together or kill each other. Nations are no different, are they not? We work together or we fight. One of your philosophers say that war is the natural state of man."

Should I accept their offer? Stay and get to know one of the heirs?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: August 20, 2020, 01:39:05 am »

I think you should.  At the very least, you will learn more about the Outlands, and at the most, you will gain an important alliance.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: August 20, 2020, 05:45:49 am »

Stick around, see what they're up to, and see if you can learn something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: August 21, 2020, 08:17:22 am »

"Can you tell me about your children?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: August 21, 2020, 04:58:59 pm »

--
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 11:04:05 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: August 21, 2020, 07:19:39 pm »

Stick around, see what they're up to, and see if you can learn something.
Agreed, learning is good

"Can you tell me about your children?"
this is good too, so far, I think we only know names, sexes, and ages. More info would be good, such as behavior and personality, perhaps we can interact with them

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: August 21, 2020, 11:03:43 pm »

"Mmmh." Samkrend gives a slow nod, gesturing to "Did I not already?"

"You did, but not in depth." You shrug, leaning back in the cushion, looking over the three siblings with an eye of appraisal. You note, with a ghost of a grin, that they are doing the same -- except for Rekhyt. He's playing with one of his younger siblings, teasing and tickling and laughing. Without a care.

Bat stands nearly [2 meters] tall. His frame is strapped with muscle and scar. His long black hair falls over a blunt face with a broken nose and a scarred jaw. He has his father's grey eyes, and they drift across you and your retinue equally. He shifts, uncomfortable with the attention -- and you note that unlike Rekhyt, the fine silks seem uncomfortable on his lumpen frame. He scratches his beard and dips a nod. "Greetings." Is all he offers, uncomfortably, his accent heavy.

Atlan gives you one look and tosses her golden hair over her shoulder, looking anywhere else. She's closer to your age, and it shows. But the way she holds herself reminds you of an unsprung trap. Tightly wound and tense. "Yes, Hello. How are you." She offers stiffly, before turning to her father, "[May I be dismissed? This bores me.]"

"[Show some respect.]"

"Bat is my firstborn," Samkrend begins to explain, wrapping an arm around his eldest son, "My first wife. She was the first woman I ever loved when I returned home. She passed due to illness after his birth, but I raised him right. I think. He's a good officer and a good soldier, right?"

Next, he gestures to Atlan, "Atlan my second born. Her mother is a fierce warlord in the north, with many allied clans beneath her boot. She spends much of her time there, in the land of [cypress]. She has her mother's fire, I fear." Atlan rolls her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Rekhyt is...his mother comes from the cities on the sea's edge." Samkrend's lips quirk, "They...they are a strange people. More like Holylanders than Outlanders. He's too clever for his own good -- and a [Trickster, approx. Coyote]. Sharp, but sharp things sometimes cut both ways."

Rekhyt waves politely when he's introduced, unconcerned, and he returns his attention back to the younger sibling. You notice a side glance from the young man, before his easy smile returns.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: August 21, 2020, 11:56:18 pm »

Does any one of them pique your interest, Phoenix?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: August 22, 2020, 12:06:16 am »

Rekhyt? Because he seems to care the least. I've no interest in any of them. Unexceptional. Petty. Boring--

"Thank you." You offer politely, making to rise to your feet. "I've had a long trip. I would like to rest, if I could."

Samkrend nods, gesturing, "You know where your rooms are. Feel free to tour the city. I will provide our [currency] for you."

"Thank you." With a light smile, you turn and head towards the guest palace. Your retinue follows, and disperses in the grand hall. You pay no attention to the ornate jade carvings, or the smooth redwood floors, instead, you stumble into your bedroom and collapse into the soft pile of furs. You rub at your forehead and huff a sigh.

Why can't I just wipe out this city? Besides all the stupid innocents with their stupid right to live and stupid godsawful culture and--whatever. What is the plan for tomorrow?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 12:09:45 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: August 22, 2020, 12:18:31 am »

I mean, you don't need to burn the city.  Just ask Nicole for some advise on who where and what to burn and destroy, decapitate the leadership, scare the rest in to submission and incorporate them as [wage-slaves].  Much fewer dead innocents the city wide destruction.  She probably has her own plan on how to betray her pupil and put a puppet on the throne if needed.

If this farce of a marriage really makes you so unhappy you could just burn custom and culture to the ground.  But be prepared to need to rebuild everything.

But nothing is forever, once you purge the plague and defeat Magnus (look at me the optimist) we can renegotiate the deal with words or guns or propaganda.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: August 22, 2020, 12:24:05 am »

If you wipe out this city, you wipe out the rule of the only man who has ever united the Outlanders.  With Samkrend dead, it's quite likely that his state would collapse into warring tribes, even if you did just assassinate the leaders, as I don't think that Outlanders scare and submit easily.  We need their industry and their workers, not a collapsed rump state.  Stay your hand.

Maybe take a look at some of the temples to see if there is an Outlander god Phoenix resembles.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: August 22, 2020, 01:52:28 am »

...In truth, this is a farce.
Speak with your retinue tomorrow morning, somewhere away from prying ears. Hash out your options, both peaceable and warlike. Play the game, or break it-- do so with precision, is all I ask.

No interest, no betrothal. We couldn't force you otherwise if we tried.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 381