00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240261 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #5085 on: September 03, 2020, 11:59:51 pm »

"Brand?"

Khudal catches your attention and taps his forearm. He taps the ribbon of scars that spell out Khudal in the Outlander Script. "Bank access." He explains. "But you no need of money, do you, Goddess. By all means, let me hold it for you."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: September 04, 2020, 12:08:04 am »

I don't want our Outlander bank access to be dependent on Rekhyt's cooperation.  That's too much leverage for someone that is so erratic.

"No.  If I am Fire-Blooms-Flowers, then this something I must do myself."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: September 04, 2020, 12:15:27 am »

Figure out the requirements for getting bank access, our nation and us will need it

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: September 04, 2020, 05:58:29 am »

Are we sure we want to get branded just to access a bank?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: September 04, 2020, 11:14:18 am »

Hm.

Your arm-- your call. You'd have to accept the scars into your dust-memory somehow, lest they slough off with your next healing.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: September 07, 2020, 11:23:14 am »

The brand glows cherry red and you stick out your wrist without hesitation. Rekhyt rolls up your sleeve for you. Then flesh sears and you grit your teeth -- then the pain is cut off by your nervous system, even as the brand steams and flesh bubbles. The priest nods, pulling away and taking a chunk of flesh with it. You, without regard for the pain you cannot feel, attempt to rub at the fresh mark at your wrist --

Oh. Right.

Atleast to the others that lingering reflex looked simply like the flex of your burned flesh. Rekhyt rolls the sleeve down, quietly assisting with hiding the mark as he does his. You look up at the elder, then, quietly, "I assume I have some  duties to go along with this boon?"

The elder nods. "It is your duty to show people the strength of our way. How that is done is up to you. You bear your mask, but if you are strong enough, then you do not need to wear it."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: September 07, 2020, 11:47:29 am »

And what is the way of these pious flame-watchers?

Regardless: the hour is late. Time for pleasant partings, I should think, with perhaps the arrangement of another meeting tomorrow evening.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: September 07, 2020, 04:29:17 pm »

"Your devotion is a testament to the piety of the peoples of the clans.  When you say 'the strength of our way,' are you referring to the worship of the fire goddess?  Also, what does having access to this local bank entail?"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 06:23:01 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: September 07, 2020, 11:50:06 pm »

"Yes." The elder nods, and then, "You are allowed to withdraw funds donated to the temple for your deeds and acts. You may use these for anything." He explains, politely, glancing at Rekhyt.

"She is a young goddess. I will explain the rest. Thanks geezer." Rekhyt turns, giving a lift of his hand in a wave to the priests. '

"I'll be back to tour the temple tomorrow night -- and learn more." You tell the elder, bowing your head. He gives a smile and a tit of his head in return. He takes his place by the fire in silence while the youth hurries off to find a new duty.

"What was that all about?" You question, out of ear shot.

"How to explain this..." Rekhyt tugs off his mask, tossing it into the air and deftly catching the heavy porcelien. "Our gods are man-made. Crafted with a brand and a mask. At night men and women put on their masks and play their part.  Equal parts entertainment and proselytizing. Killing another god is frowned upon, but is accepted --" After a beat, "The last fire god died when he was knifed in a back alley. The God of Theives swore it wasn't her, but no one believes it."

"For example -- I am Khudal, the jester, god of the outcast. The people of the street pray to me for safety. The Orphans are my wards. I believe i am the third within this city and one of two, total."

You chew on the inside of your lip for a moment, glancing down at your own mask. "This...this is the mask of their god?"

"That temple's, yes. It mysteriously disappeared last night. Somehow, there was a ring of ash and soot around it, a firepoppy where it once sat and a smoke in the air. Surely a sign that Fire-Blooms-Flowers was reborn, right?"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 11:59:32 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: September 07, 2020, 11:58:59 pm »

"That was very clever of you.  Is there a temple to you as well, or do only a few of these gods have clergy and sacred places?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: September 08, 2020, 05:18:13 am »

"It was a neat little trick. I even left the door locked." Then Rekhyt firmly shakes his head. "My temple is the back street and the crumbling house. I am not well accepted by the wealthy."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: September 08, 2020, 06:39:11 am »

"What kinds of deeds do we need to do to access the funds withing the temple?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: September 08, 2020, 06:42:07 am »

"What kinds of deeds do we need to do to access the funds withing the temple?"
To be clear, are you asking how to get funds from a temple, or how to get funds to build a temple/improve existing ones?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: September 08, 2020, 06:49:25 am »

"You have access now. But if the temple doesn't get paid, you don't either. The God of Money has a trading empire. The thieves bribe their God to help. I embezzle." Rekhyt shrugs.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 06:51:16 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: September 08, 2020, 12:22:11 pm »

((...I just realized you're referencing an actual thing with those firepoppies. Go you!))

I suppose it'd be worth finding out at some point, how a fire goddess earns her keep around here.

For now, though... is time we were heading back.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 12:34:26 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 381