00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240341 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #5100 on: September 08, 2020, 02:08:40 pm »

I’m not sure it would be a good look to leave right after being accepted into the bank, but let’s talk to our economics advisor about integrating ourselves with the Eastern Outlanders’ economy
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 03:35:25 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: September 08, 2020, 02:57:52 pm »

These are the eastern Outlanders.

We should return to our quarters, but not to the Holyland.  We still need to secure the alliance and do other things here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: September 08, 2020, 03:34:58 pm »

We should return to our quarters, but not to the Holyland.  We still need to secure the alliance and do other things here.
Thanks, will edit accordingly
Also, +1 to this suggestion as well

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: September 08, 2020, 04:17:35 pm »

I’m not sure it would be a good look to leave right after being accepted into the bank, but let’s talk to our economics advisor about integrating ourselves with the Eastern Outlanders’ economy

((It's what, four in the morning where Phoebe's at? I figure now's as good a time to be on our way as any.))

Aye, that's what I had in mind.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: September 09, 2020, 03:34:29 am »

+1 Its time for some sleep.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: September 10, 2020, 12:01:46 pm »

You and Rekhyt sneak in through the same way you snuck out. The only thing that changes is the guard. Rekhyt's nimble fingers dance to deposit a bag of coins into the woman's pocket. She says nothing. Sees nothing. Her eyes are straight ahead. Disciplined. Rekhyt slips off his mask as the two of you cross the breezeway, stowing it away. You follow suit. It isn't until you reach your room's window does Rekhyt relax.

With a clink, he pops your window open, turning and giving you a very dramatic bow. "Lady Goddess."

"Lord Rekhyt." You make to step up into your window, before pausing.

[19] [9 vs. 2.] With a single step you close the distance between the two of you and wrap your hand around Rekhyt's neck as you pull him close--

You shut the window behind you and close the curtains on a stunned Rekhyt, only allowing yourself a triumphant grin as you're sure he's out of sight.

Rekhyt, for good or ill, is on our side. You remove the heavy outer wear, folding it gently and setting it to one side. You pause mid-fold, then, My assessment is he seems to value personal freedoms, the poor, and independence. Intelligent, capable, and devious.

...was that okay? It seemed like we wanted him on our side, but I couldn't tell. I don't understand our plans, sometimes. You wipe the ash from the street from your boots and set them aside. After a non-urgent message to Geoyde to start drawing up plans to integrate the Eastern Outland economy with the Holyland.

It isn't even an hour later when William, Emma, Mellone and Crusader Cephie stand outside your door. They look well-rested, with bright, shiny eyes and stiff backs, but they wear frowns, and they shift uncomfortably when you open the door. Mellone, on the other hand, is a sleep-deprived mess. Her hair is a frizzy, untamed mess, and she sips tea from a ceramic cup. She dowses where she stands.

"A town on the edge of the Holy Fire Exclusion Zone is under a full assault by Plague." Cephie crisply reports after you stare at the four in silence.

"Evacuation is already underway. Reinforcements are starting to arrive." William murmurs, shifting.

"Isela has briefed the council on the overview, and is already taking steps. Hoganson and Geoyde want you to overrule her." Emma reports, with a straightening of her hair. " I trust Isela, but we agreed to let you make the call."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 12:06:37 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: September 10, 2020, 12:49:04 pm »

I didn't have much of a plan with Rekhyt, honestly-- mostly I just wanted to see how he handled himself. Give you a feel for him, so's you can choose your course accordingly.
I've been trying to let you steer things with the Outlanders yourself, for the most part. Courtship is-- a delicate thing, for a dust-elder to be sticking his nose into.

"Isela knows what she's doing-- she has my word, if necessary. Are we needed there?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: September 10, 2020, 12:56:27 pm »

This is politics. Not courtship.

"According to Isela? No. Eric has been deployed as a morale booster and force multiplier. The Retributionists are going to be assisting with a total of six [Voidmarines], under the command of Captain Murdach." Emma reports. "Thornton and Family Assets are mobilizing to assist with defense of local settlements."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 01:18:15 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: September 10, 2020, 02:31:17 pm »

"What is the controversy surrounding Isela's assessment of the situation?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: September 10, 2020, 02:37:01 pm »

"She's refusing to go into specifics. Hoganson and Geoyde think its a waste and we should retreat and gather our strength." Emma shrugs, "Isela is refusing to retreat."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: September 10, 2020, 02:39:25 pm »

"What is Murdach's opinion on the matter?"

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: September 10, 2020, 02:45:59 pm »

You need to see how the void marines and other assets do against the plague here.  The exclusion zone is a useful barrier where the plague can not make a strong foothold, letting it seize even a small town on the edge will allow it to use it as a staging point into the rest of our territory.  Holding the line seems prudent for now.

I would really prefer to be able to send an ascended there, I kinda wish William or Cephie had been left behind to reinforce them.

What is up with Mellone?  Did she tail you last night?  That would be hilarious if we had someone following us out of concern through that whole thing.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: September 10, 2020, 03:03:34 pm »

"He agrees with Isela's plan. He isn't deploying his forces until tomorrow or the next day, however."

Should I send William to reinforce?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: September 10, 2020, 03:06:46 pm »

Send William to reinforce and confirm that we should prevent the Plague from advancing.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: September 10, 2020, 03:15:47 pm »

"William? How quickly can you be there?" You question.

"Tonight. This morning if the Outlanders let us borrow a craft."

"I can arrange that." Mellone nods.

"Good. Get suited up and bring your Warmachines. You're under Isela's command."

"I'll send her a message." Emma volunteers, "Letting her know you're on your way."

Anything else?
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 381