Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 38474 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 3
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2020, 12:30:49 pm »

Your home consists of a two-room urban apartment.  You have one room where you do your cooking and most of your living, with a desk, some shelves, a couple chairs and a small charcoal cooker.  You have your other room with your bed and your closet.  You have a little space to store other things, but not much.  You don't have a table, but you have a shelf you can eat off of.

This is fairly ordinary living for a servant, which is what your occupation was before the call to adventure came.

Rent for this space is fairly small, and is about 15% of a silver per month.  Most of your 1 silver/month living expenses goes toward food and other necessities, such as soap, and laundry expenses.  Perhaps about another 15% is free for discretionary use, but spending that is the difference between a reasonably comfortable life and a stretched, miserly existence.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2020, 07:48:24 pm »

Not what I was hoping for, but we could still potentially run a small business out of it.  It's something to consider if we get the initial capital we would need.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2020, 08:27:22 pm »

You can totally have some minor decorations and such, too.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2020, 10:03:02 pm »

You borrow 11 silver.  Huan Zhang charges you 1/week interest, but forgives you the first week.  You'll be expected to pay it off at the rate of one silver a week, starting at sometime next week.

Repaying your loan in part or full will not require any actions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2020, 10:21:08 pm »

Let's go to the Wind School dojo that we are familiar with and arrange for training.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2020, 11:58:34 pm »

Let's go to the Wind School dojo that we are familiar with and arrange for training.

Sigh.  Yeah, this seems like the best plan right now.  +1

I don't think the cloves investment is a good idea.  It takes too long to pay off, and is too small.  If we were rich, it'd be a real opportunity, but right now we're living really tight.  I really wish we didn't take that dumb loan.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2020, 01:11:45 am »

Consult The Book for potential sources of profit!
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 3.3
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2020, 01:18:44 am »

You head out to the Wind school dojo.  This one is in a slightly-more affluent neighborhood, a fair distance from your home.

It's.. quite large.  There must be twenty students there practicing when you go in, and at least four or five trainers that you see putting people through their places.

They can squeeze you in right away, and there's lots of spaces for various levels, beginners, intermediates, etcetra.

So,  about twenty minutes and one slightly skimpy uniform later, you're signed up for a single silver piece, and can sit in on a couple of hours instruction immediately.  First lesson is.. falling.  Ouch.  Fortunately, the floors are well padded, unfortunately it still hurts.  The next few hours are bruising and painful, finishing with a bit of recovering doing breathing exercises while sore.  You don't feel much progress yet, but you know the saying about pain and gains, so you've got one of them covered at least.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

As a note, the job offer is only available this week.  If you don't pursue it, the opportunity will be gone.
And if you want to study the book, please indicate what topid inside it you'd like to study.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2020, 01:22:58 am »

Should we now pursue the job?  It may be worth it to try and make some contacts with trainers or fellow students.  I'm not sure if it would be risky to leave applying for the job as our last action this week.

Try and make some contacts with Wind school trainers or students.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:39:27 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2020, 05:09:17 am »

Should we now pursue the job?  It may be worth it to try and make some contacts with trainers or fellow students.  I'm not sure if it would be risky to leave applying for the job as our last action this week.

Try and make some contacts with Wind school trainers or students.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2020, 09:51:09 pm »

Definitely go accept the job next.  We're not going to learn enough to matter with one action, nor will a single action be likely to create a contact who would influence things much.  Just accept the job, before the opportunity is lost.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2020, 09:54:52 pm »

Definitely go accept the job next.  We're not going to learn enough to matter with one action, nor will a single action be likely to create a contact who would influence things much.  Just accept the job, before the opportunity is lost.
+1
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2020, 10:03:23 pm »

I think there is value in making initial inroads with the Wind school community.  Even if those contacts serve only as intermediaries in our quest to meet more influential indiviudals, they are part of a martial organization that may be helpful in dealing with our foes.

We have enough actions remaining this week to do that and accept the job.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 10:24:09 pm by ZBridges »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2020, 11:00:59 pm »

Are you doing both actions, then?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2020, 11:02:19 pm »