Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 38469 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 7
« Reply #270 on: March 02, 2020, 10:10:38 pm »

(All speech actions with an intent to achieve a specific effect on others are rolls.  No roll for flavor speech.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 02, 2020, 10:14:22 pm »

"Okay, I'll let you go just this once, but I'll expect you to show up for a second date!"
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 02, 2020, 10:29:51 pm »

Also, what was happening here?:

[2+2=4] vs [7+8=15]
[6+8-4=10] vs [7+2=9]

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 02, 2020, 10:34:23 pm »

Failed intelligence rolls, apparently.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2020, 01:09:41 am »

I'm not ready to run away yet...  He hasn't scored a hit on us, and he seems to be growing fearful.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2020, 03:05:44 am »

Damn, we missed our chance.  I should have stuck to my guns, I guess.  Attempt to use our charm to put him off-balance.  If successful, attempt to capitalize on that with a strike.  Maybe we can wear him down, make him tired and desperate?

Consider this: he only has a +2 to combat, which is not an overwhelming advantage on a d12, and it's partly nullified by our +1 to defense.

My enthusiasm for this job has reached a new low.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 03, 2020, 08:13:48 am »

Damn, we missed our chance.  I should have stuck to my guns, I guess.  Attempt to use our charm to put him off-balance.  If successful, attempt to capitalize on that with a strike.  Maybe we can wear him down, make him tired and desperate?

Consider this: he only has a +2 to combat, which is not an overwhelming advantage on a d12, and it's partly nullified by our +1 to defense.

+1
+1 for trying to knock him off balance, but how would charm help with that?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 03, 2020, 12:36:00 pm »

+1
+1 for trying to knock him off balance, but how would charm help with that?

It's possible that the right combination of words could make him hesitate and give us a momentary advantage.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 03, 2020, 08:57:57 pm »

[3+1=4]vs[7]

"Okay, I'll let you go just this once, but I'll expect you to show up for a second date!"

Unfortunately, your ruse doesn't work, and he doesn't drop his guard.  You try to fake putting your weapon away and pulling back, but he's not buying it.  Stabs it is, then.

[5]vs[1+2=3]

This time you do stick him, getting him with a blade to his free arm.  He tries another of his flourishing dodges, but you manage to follow it through and tag him.  It's bleeding, but not terribly serious.

[12+2]vs[11+1]

The same can be said for you.  The assassin attempts to run you over physically, leaping to attempt a grab with his now-injured arm.  You somehow manage to escape the grasp, but in holding his wounded arm off, take a cut to your leg.  As of yet, you don't think it's serious.

The two of you break free again, but he remains trapped in the courtyard, as his attempt to force his way past you failed.  It is a return to your positions at the start of the engagement, with him stuck facing into the sun, at a temporary tactical disadvantage.  You don't know if that disadvantage outweighs his greater skill.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 03, 2020, 09:16:21 pm »

While he can't see, stab him again, in the eyes and/or ears to limit sight and/or hearing and balance
The ears are important for balance, if we damage them, it will of course damage hearing as well, if we manage to do this as well as the eyes he will have a hard time staying on his feet, seeing us and hearing us, either one of these if successful will help. We can also try to stab his hands too
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 09:18:49 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 03, 2020, 10:19:10 pm »

The ears and eyes are more difficult targets to hit, however, and maluses to our attacks could doom us in light of his greater skill.  The liver, sword arm, or upper legs are easier targets.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 03, 2020, 10:21:04 pm »

The ears and eyes are more difficult targets to hit, however, and maluses to our attacks could doom us in light of his greater skill.  The liver, sword arm, or upper legs are easier targets.
Good point, let's aim for the liver, then

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2020, 02:23:09 am »

May I ask whether there is a malus for aimed strikes?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2020, 02:34:58 am »

Depends.  If you want to just target something for flavor reasons, it's no penalty.  If you want to induce special effects, (like blindness, crippling, or non-lethality) there is a malus.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 04, 2020, 02:43:15 am »

Good point, let's aim for the liver, then
+1
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47