Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)  (Read 9111 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2020, 08:22:18 am »

I feel like we should utilize that our best Hero on the team is a engineering genius and utilize that so that’s with better gadgets and equipment so that our Agents are more of a danger in the field that’s why current vote is probably going towards the “ Self-Driving Undercover Electronic Surveillance Van with AI Assistant” for the +1. Allow us in the long-term be more prepared because we have advanced technology at our disposal as well as supers, thus making Morgan a keystone of our success because we used her “super” economically.

Equipment: Self-Driving Undercover Electronic Surveillance Van with AI Assistant
A refurbished vehicle from the Organized Crime Squad, the Undercover Electronic Surveillance Van is stakeout site on wheels that blends in seamlessly blends in as just another delivery van on the city streets.  After subpoena'ing several local telecom companies, it can clone any telephone number, allowing for real-time wiretaps or even spoofing.  Furthermore, it can lookup telephone service addresses for landlines or query what towers a cellular set is using for tracking purposes.  Call records (metadata) can also be rapidly queried for lead generation.
Able to track and intercept more than just telephones, the van includes a spectrum analyzer, software-defined radio, and a directional antenna.  The spectrum analyzer identifies what frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum are being used.  The software-defined radio can be tuned to listen to raw data from any of those frequencies.  The directional antenna can be rotated to locate specific signals.
Morgan sank some of her wizardry into the van, and converted it to a self-driving model.   Furthermore, a sub-server to her drone server has been installed in back.  Beyond merely providing high-speed access to the Precinct network, it houses a basic AI assistant.  Although human supervision is highly recommended, the AI assistant can drive the van and operate the surveillance gear with mostly satisfactory results.
The 360 degree sensors required for self-driving provide an innate surveillance capability when archived by the sub-server.  An SLR camera with telefoto lens, coffee-maker, and chemical toilet allow for extended manned stakeouts.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2020, 08:57:22 am »

I feel like we should utilize that our best Hero on the team is a engineering genius and utilize that so that’s with better gadgets and equipment so that our Agents are more of a danger in the field that’s why current vote is probably going towards the “ Self-Driving Undercover Electronic Surveillance Van with AI Assistant” for the +1. Allow us in the long-term be more prepared because we have advanced technology at our disposal as well as supers, thus making Morgan a keystone of our success because we used her “super” economically.

Equipment: Self-Driving Undercover Electronic Surveillance Van with AI Assistant
A refurbished vehicle from the Organized Crime Squad, the Undercover Electronic Surveillance Van is stakeout site on wheels that blends in seamlessly blends in as just another delivery van on the city streets.  After subpoena'ing several local telecom companies, it can clone any telephone number, allowing for real-time wiretaps or even spoofing.  Furthermore, it can lookup telephone service addresses for landlines or query what towers a cellular set is using for tracking purposes.  Call records (metadata) can also be rapidly queried for lead generation.
Able to track and intercept more than just telephones, the van includes a spectrum analyzer, software-defined radio, and a directional antenna.  The spectrum analyzer identifies what frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum are being used.  The software-defined radio can be tuned to listen to raw data from any of those frequencies.  The directional antenna can be rotated to locate specific signals.
Morgan sank some of her wizardry into the van, and converted it to a self-driving model.   Furthermore, a sub-server to her drone server has been installed in back.  Beyond merely providing high-speed access to the Precinct network, it houses a basic AI assistant.  Although human supervision is highly recommended, the AI assistant can drive the van and operate the surveillance gear with mostly satisfactory results.
The 360 degree sensors required for self-driving provide an innate surveillance capability when archived by the sub-server.  An SLR camera with telefoto lens, coffee-maker, and chemical toilet allow for extended manned stakeouts.
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2020, 09:04:32 am »

Quote from: Kashyyk
EB-2 Drone. General improvements based on feedback from the team, plus smarter behaviours such as predefined flight paths, "follow that target" and basic hand gesture and voice command recognition.
+1
+1

This should give our squad much more versatility, and will allow a single officer to effectively canvass a large area with multiple drones, or allow them to effectively multi-task drone handling and other roles. It is simple iterative improvement as well, so we shouldn't need Morgan for it, freeing her up for frontline work. We need the manpower for actual police work atm, and improved drones plus Morgan will help that.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:06:24 am by Kashyyk »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2020, 04:18:50 pm »

Looking over the Hostage after action report.
Our weapons are P90, MP5, and an AR-15.
Our armors is "hard armor". 
The EB-1 Drones have their uses.  Are upgrades to them give a better overall impact in our power projection? 

Our supers : 
Super-intelligent gadgeteer/engineer 
Telekinetic
Control Darkness
Super Speed

Look at these supers, perhaps we can utilize Morgan as a more "tank" front-line.  But I see her are more bruiser / assault type. 

So without a more beefier tank, perhaps we should invest in armor or survival utilities. 

I suggest a tier above our current "hard armor",  Designed by Morgan that can be applied to AJ and supers alike, and the drones. 

Also, looking at the other super powers encountered:
Energy-blast
Super-accuracy
Metal-control
Cuts things
Mind-control
ESP
Super Strength

Of these, I can think of perhaps a multi-variant "flash bang" type that can disrupt or disorient senses, options as:
+ strobe blinding lights for vision impairment   
+ sonic boom for sustained audible disruption 
+ stink bomb to induce gag reflex via olfactory delivery 

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2020, 04:03:43 pm »

Looks like the AI truck is currently winning. Morgan will work on it if this is our choice.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2020, 04:21:14 pm »

Looks like the AI truck is currently winning. Morgan will work on it if this is our choice.
yes to advancing AI

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2020, 01:24:31 am »

Quote from: Kashyyk
EB-2 Drone. General improvements based on feedback from the team, plus smarter behaviours such as predefined flight paths, "follow that target" and basic hand gesture and voice command recognition.
+1
+1
+1

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2020, 02:28:15 am »

Now we're tied lol

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2020, 04:26:14 pm »

Updating tomorrow even if tie doesn't break

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2020, 09:32:39 pm »

votes:
(2) Self Driving Module: King Zultan, Shadowclaw777
(4) EB-2 Drone (AI upgrade): Naturegirl1999, Kashykk, High tyrol, Sanctume
ConscriptFive?

Please verify.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2020, 12:36:33 am »

votes:
(2) Self Driving Module: King Zultan, Shadowclaw777
(4) EB-2 Drone (AI upgrade): Naturegirl1999, Kashykk, High tyrol, Sanctume
ConscriptFive?

Please verify.

I guess we arn't getting a verification!

EB-2 Drone: The software upgrades go smoothly. While Morgan had attempted to comment her programming to the point anyone could mess with it, she does still occasionally use her own personal terminology and tricks that occasionally go over the head of our work team. EB-2 Drones can now be set to "Patrol" mode. By default it can access civilian data allowing it to roughly imitate a self-driving car, following well known roads in the district without any obvious issues. The user can free-draw a patrol position using a tablet controller, which will be followed as best possible until another command is given. 'Pursuit' mode, when set to follow a certain target, has a few more issues. While the user can specify the height and distance of the pursuit, the simple AI program has to recalculate to take erratic behavior into account. Simply put it can follow targets in a straight line very well, the more behavior deviates from that the slower it will be to follow them. It will easily lose AJs in foot pursuit if obstacles or debris are present, though it is successful in open areas. Vehicular chases have the advantage of both being easily predictable and open, allowing Pursuit mode to shine. In all cases the basic AI has some pathfinding issues. While its vast array of censors give it enough data to keep it from crashing, it takes some time to calculate a safe path around any obstacle. This tends to slow it down for each obstacle present, especially if the situation is changing and recalculation are needed. A human operator will easily defeat the AI in navigating any sort of maze or even minor obstacles without difficulty.

The new command vectors only manage to accept some of the simplest of commands. Hand gestures may place it in Patrol mode (spinning one finger around), Pursuit mode (pointing at target), and give directional X/Y/Z commands. In all cases agents prefer to use the actual controller, removing the ambiguity, allowing more precise commands, and allowing for commands outside of the view range. Voice commands are limited to entering Patrol, but may be given at the controller or the drone.

Anonymous user feedback gives contradicting results. Some would prefer a lighter, more agile model acting as an inescapable bloodhound. Others asked for a sturdier model capable of taking and giving a beating, possibly with some means of subduing suspects on its own. In both cases our engineers find it much more difficult to work with Morgan's hardware than it is to mess around with software. The current drone is almost supernaturally balanced, minor attempts to tweak any of its physical parameters typically resulted in worse overall results.

Things are quite, with no new disasters. It is now time for Deployment

Spoiler: Current Heroes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leads and Clues (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2020, 06:05:22 am »

That didn't go too bad. Not sure if the R&D just struggled more than they expected or if Morgan is just that big of a force multiplier. Either way, time to clean up these leads.

Quote from: Deployment Plan A
Biolab Break-In
Morgan and Jack (plus 1 EB-2 Drone). Track down the suspect and if possible, attempt capture. They should be able to use Security Cameras and the Drone to search public areas for the spuspect, and also investigate likely locations to either source or keep large cats. Additionally, they may be able to determine a pattern that will suggest a motive.

Butterfly Thief
Jack and Ace. We've left this lead long enough. Do some detective work to uncover more clues.

Car Jacker
Gloria and Abyss (plus 1 EB-2 Drone). Use the Drone to cover exit points whilst they raid the suspects residence and attempt capture.

Patrol
Dart and Queen (plus 1 EB-2 Drone). Putting Dart with an AJ should be a good step towards acquiring Team Cohesion, and also allow him to enter foot pursuit with less concern for his vehicle.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2020, 08:48:44 am »

Biolab Break-In
Morgan and Jack (plus 1 EB-2 Drone). Track down the suspect and if possible, attempt capture. They should be able to use Security Cameras and the Drone to search public areas for the spuspect, and also investigate likely locations to either source or keep large cats. Additionally, they may be able to determine a pattern that will suggest a motive.

Butterfly Thief
Jack and Ace. We've left this lead long enough. Do some detective work to uncover more clues.

Car Jacker
Gloria and Abyss (plus 1 EB-2 Drone). Use the Drone to cover exit points whilst they raid the suspects residence and attempt capture.

Patrol
Dart and Queen (plus 1 EB-2 Drone). Putting Dart with an AJ should be a good step towards acquiring Team Cohesion, and also allow him to enter foot pursuit with less concern for his vehicle.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2020, 12:55:50 pm »

Biolab Break-In

Butterfly Thief

Car Jacker

Patrol
+1
+1 again

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2020, 12:53:26 pm »

Biolab Break-In

Butterfly Thief

Car Jacker

Patrol
+1
+1 again
+1
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]