Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 7: Round 2 (6/7 players)  (Read 23338 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 7: Night 0, Sign-ups for Round 2 Open!
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2020, 04:41:46 pm »

Ah fuckin' rules and that.

IonMatrix.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2020, 05:03:41 pm »

TricMagic

30% of questions unanswered seems like a lot, though I don't see it as such Dolores. Particularly cause you are the one asking them.
And yet, you still refuse to answer them.

I have little clue which they refer to. If you know them, feel free to ask again. The main ones I may have forgotten may be from last night before I went to bed though. Not that it matters, given the way Dolores just wants me gone. Is my play style really so disorienting to you?

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2020, 05:19:27 pm »

TricMagic

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2020, 05:48:18 pm »

Is my play style really so disorienting to you?
It's not that it's disorienting, it's that it shows so little visible investment in the game that it makes you look like scum. From the methods to the madness I've seen, you are capable of logical thought. However, you don't show your thinking in a way that would convince anyone, only the raw conclusions that you have reached. And because you don't show your thinking, it often seems that you make unnecessary leaps in logic by assuming that which you could just ask. For example, could you explain the thinking that led to your current vote on dolores?

Actively participating in the daygame and answering and asking questions is absolutely necessary to winning, be it this game or any other. Refusing to do so is actively anti-town and lynchable.

That is quite the number you have there. Be a shame if something happened to it.
Which number does this refer to?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2020, 05:52:22 pm »

Tric, would you pick a weak role?

IM
To NQT: I will kill random person because the day just started and there isnt lot of information.
You literally have no information yet?

NQT, pro-cons of DK vs NK. Tell me what you think.
Day kill is superior in every respect. It's much less likely to interfered with and it gives you live, actionable results straight away. If I had a day kill I would use it almost every day. How about you?

Dolores
Only on rounds where KM will reset does a sacrificial play make sense.
Isn't that every round besides the last?
I think I mixed up 'day' and 'round' here. I meant, sacrificial play only makes sense on days when the KM resets. D1, for instance, is not a day for sacrificial play.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2020, 05:56:05 pm »

That’s L-1, for those not paying attention.

I so want to quick hammer right now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2020, 06:01:14 pm »

First spoiler.

First quote block is a bit funny.
How can anything which occurred in the pregame be suspicious in this game where we're all survivors and/or serial killers
I'm not. And it happens to be because of WIFOM being active that I RVSed NQT.. As for another thing.

Persus probably nerfed the role I sent in. Too powerful. You definitely don't want to target me with anything.
for all we know you are using re else psychology and you are trying to psyche us
That's right, it was reverse psychology, my role isn't powerful at all and you should definitely target me.
the point here is one of these is a lie and the other is ture, and the on,y way to know is when the game starts :D

To this pregame stuff, you could be immune to actions and kills, ala godfather notquitethere. And claiming a powerful role in a lynching game is suspicious in the first place. Makes me want to see what you are hiding under that mask.

It definitely does not help that I thought I had spoken already. Why does player alignment matter so much to you in this game? The fact that your concerns come from 5 minutes worth of posts from me does not help, given the game started when I was ready to go to sleep.

Ugh, second quoteblock is fishing. Those question don't mean anything. That would be my answer, as they simply serve for you to make more useless ones.
Granted, the fact you are asking those questions in the first place is informative, for me. ... How to put it. It's a combination of me answering and you questioning, and for the last one,

The biggest threat to me would have to be Rolecop...
Why? I can think of many situations worse than a townie knowing your role.

Daykilling someone when you say you will if you get one is just a bad idea in general if you want to survive this game. Doing so at the very beginning of the first day is foolish, since no-one in this game wants someone with the power to kill during the day around. Especially if they are the KoM with a night kill.
So if someone claimed role cop, you would definitely want them dead, even more than a daykiller?

If my role becomes known to a rolecop, it loses it's effectiveness. Same thing if I'm killed, for that matter.

To the second, I would rather kill the daykiller at that point. Daykills in effect with nightkills can cut down the numbers quickly. And if KoM has a day kill, they also have a nightkill, making their success rate much higher.

Tric, on a scale of 1-10, how important is finding roles? Is it effective to do so in day1?

6. Not very effective during day 1 though..

I would like to see a votecount soon though. Why did you unvote exactly?

Well. You took every last quote from a single post. The last of them involves a question Ion didn't answer, so I am most certainly not the only one.

Next spoiler. NQT's and IcyTea's.

... Yeah, these are just you taking what I said and rolling with it. To the first, the answer is yes. However what one person thinks is strong, another may find weak. I didn't pick a killing role, as KoM status happens to come with a Kill. Not all that important in this game for me as a result.

To IcyTea, that is WIFOM talking. And swaying a daykiller is next to impossible for me. If I die, I die.

The third now.
Quote from: This Post
I'm not. And it happens to be because of WIFOM being active that I RVSed NQT.. As for another thing.
The fact I already said it was as good a reason as any for RVS once more does not help.

To the second question, I am not sure what you are implying... That post that says you'd kill me if you got a kill makes me think you think I can swap roles, which I find to be a chaotic power that can and will backfire on the user.

2 Ninja.
Is my play style really so disorienting to you?
It's not that it's disorienting, it's that it shows so little visible investment in the game that it makes you look like scum. From the methods to the madness I've seen, you are capable of logical thought. However, you don't show your thinking in a way that would convince anyone, only the raw conclusions that you have reached. And because you don't show your thinking, it often seems that you make unnecessary leaps in logic by assuming that which you could just ask. For example, could you explain the thinking that led to your current vote on dolores?

Actively participating in the daygame and answering and asking questions is absolutely necessary to winning, be it this game or any other. Refusing to do so is actively anti-town and lynchable.

That is quite the number you have there. Be a shame if something happened to it.
Which number does this refer to?

To the second question, dolores' 30% number.

My reasoning for voting dolores are 3 fold. First, is that they will absolutely try to lynch and kill me. Second is their methods. And third is the idea that they do have a role that can completely screw up any sort of long term plans. Them saying they will kill me if they get a kill makes it seem like they expect it at some point. The goal of this game is both to survive and kill the KoM till you become the KoM and win.

Tric, would you pick a weak role?

As stated, what one person thinks is strong, another may find weak, useless, or chaotic.

Ninja Hector.

And yeah, L-1. Icytea, Naturegirl, and Me. And then NQT, Dolores, and yourself hector. Which leaves Ion..

Well, that is kinda disturbing. I don't quite trust NQT or Ion. Or Dolores given I'm voting for them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2020, 06:03:20 pm »

Edit to the hector ninja. No, you are voting Ion, so it's just Dolores at L-1. Now would be a nice time for a votebox though..

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2020, 06:06:36 pm »

Isn't that every round besides the last?
I think I mixed up 'day' and 'round' here. I meant, sacrificial play only makes sense on days when the KM resets. D1, for instance, is not a day for sacrificial play.[/quote]
Why not? If I suicide bomb KM and KM and I requeue as the two missing players to make the 7, I get another chance at rolling KM and also have some degree of information on the role of every other player. What's to lose?

I so want to quick hammer right now.
Everyone's posted what they want to about their roles so the real reason not to is to see what happens with IonMatrix.
(Justified) Silent lynches really aren't that bad a thing in a setup that tends to have a mix of killing and defensive roles and a single antagonist.
PPE:
Not even going to try to cover this shit in the same post

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2020, 06:35:21 pm »

To IcyTea, that is WIFOM talking. And swaying a daykiller is next to impossible for me. If I die, I die.
If you cannot sway a daykiller, how do you intend to sway someone who is lynching you?

My reasoning for voting dolores are 3 fold. First, is that they will absolutely try to lynch and kill me.
This is called OMGUS. Voting for someone only because they are voting for you. It is an ineffective technique.

Second is their methods.
This is a personal vendetta, unless you're going to elaborate. If you believe dolores' methods are anti-town, explain how.

And third is the idea that they do have a role that can completely screw up any sort of long term plans.
Newshflash: everyone has a role that can and will screw up your plans until proven otherwise. Using it as a voting basis is pure WIFOM and self-serving, not town-serving.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2020, 06:39:25 pm »

Spoiler: Fixed above post (click to show/hide)
I swear to god you've got some sweet bro and hella jeff posting methodology going on where you're spending three times as long on formatting as I do just to make it totally incomprehensible.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2020, 06:47:56 pm »

This is a total non-sequitur, right? My brain hasn't finally given out under the stress of trying to comprehend your formatting?
What does this have to do with anything?

If I had a daykill you'd be dead now. If I get a daykill, I'll kill you.
Tric believes that this post means that you believe Tric has a roleswap power. No, I don't follow the logic either.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2020, 08:18:38 am »

So everyone that matters thinks Tric is KM?

Or just that he has less utility than dolores?

Or... what?

‘cause I can see it. It’s between him and Ion for me, but Ion isn’t posting, and he is. If we’re policy lynching someone, why someone who’s posting over someone who’s not? I know Tric has a habit of not making much sense - his... weird thing about dolores and the DK, case in point - but Ion hasn’t done anything beyond RVS either.

‘cause I’m currently considering tying the vote and forcing Ion to do something, but I can be talked out of that with a compelling enough argument. Preferably one in the realm of answering the previous questions.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2020, 08:53:03 am »

It is in part a policy lynch, yes. If I allow a single player to refuse to participate in the daygame, that means the KM could use that as a refuge. Whether Tric actually is the KM trying to use it as a refuge or just playing an ineffective self-serving daygame I can't tell...because he refuses to participate. Therefore I place my vote and tell him to quit the anti-town behaviour.

On D1, lynching anti-town is generally an acceptable substitute for lynching scum, so I'm willing to take the risk of him actually getting lynched for it.

‘cause I’m currently considering tying the vote and forcing Ion to do something
Then do so. There's still time in the day. You don't need permission to scumhunt.

I'm personally getting a soft town read on IonMatrix. Not really knowing what to do, but the effort is there.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2020, 08:54:59 am »

TricMagic

Refreshing the vote because rules; not sure if I'll post more this day unless someone raises an interesting point.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11