Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409960 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3450 on: July 21, 2023, 05:07:35 pm »

Excellent writing

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: July 22, 2023, 05:55:54 am »

QD any chance you wanna switch spots? I'll stick with my current turn spot if needed, but worried I won't have much time

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: July 22, 2023, 06:00:12 am »

QD any chance you wanna switch spots? I'll stick with my current turn spot if needed, but worried I won't have much time
I’d be fine with that, yes.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: July 25, 2023, 10:46:19 am »

Thanks. I got the save, but I don't know how much progress I'll make. I have some IRL issue. I'll give it a try.

Did you manage to make some progress Lurker?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: July 25, 2023, 12:08:24 pm »

My plans didn't work out for my char. He's still alive, but I have no submission. I made a new human fort, I want to do another season to end the year, then I'll submit the save.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: July 25, 2023, 12:56:02 pm »

I'm looking forward to the stories even if the adventure did not go as planned.
I hope you had more luck with the IRL issue.

I've updated the map and turn lists. There is a new human settlement close to the museum, Drinkstasis.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: July 25, 2023, 02:43:48 pm »

Here's the save:

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16791

Well, I can give the cliffnotes. I had a few plans, but as I realized I won't be able to play more, I eventually made a fortress over the mead hall in Señamatem. I had planned to resurrect Bewa Estbuqui, Kanil Xemisdi and Lurker Onecbehal by using the bodies of caravan guards. Thankfully, I saved before doing that. I killed Lurker Wogeathis, gave his ID and most of his stats to a caravan guard, I saved and quit, and when I returned... that char was gone. Realizing my plans must be postponed and further tested, I just played about a year in the new human district. The meadhall now has neighbors in the form of a carpentry shop to the west, a masonry and misc to the east and a clay factory to the south-east. All in all, pretty humble, but that's the total of my submission for my turn.

I've also verified the save, I put the raws from before kesperan and Shadmalzuglar has been successfully recovered. Good luck, Maloy!
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: July 25, 2023, 03:45:18 pm »

If there are no objections, I'll get started with the save either Thursday or Friday - tomorrow's my graduation, so I'll be away from PC for most of the day. (Will update to say when I have started the turn.)

EDIT: Started my turn today!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 05:20:48 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: July 25, 2023, 04:34:17 pm »

If there are no objections, I'll get started with the save either Thursday or Friday - tomorrow's my graduation, so I'll be away from PC for most of the day. (Will update to say when I have started the turn.)

Congrats!
That is a proper excuse and fine with me  :). Enjoy the graduation!

Edit: updated the map with the new Weatherponder district. The photoshop file must have several hundred layers by now.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 04:46:18 pm by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: July 30, 2023, 04:07:41 pm »

EDIT: Started my turn today!

Good luck and have fun QD!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: August 01, 2023, 04:44:22 pm »

Dark Gnomes Lament - Chapter 1 - Nightmare Hospital

I awoke in a daze, the room spun as I got sat up. I was in a bed that was not my own. Sitting up my eyes adjusted to the dim lighting and was met with a horrifing realisation. First the bed, it was surounded by metal bumpers with loose leather straps hanging from it. Then my eyes meet the metal tray, littered with tools covered caked in died blood. Where was this?, something isn't right. Standing up and getting my bearings, I notice animal corpses littering the room.

I need to get out of here. Donning my gear left in the cornor, I snuck out of the room, before whatever thing that brought me here comes back.

Navigating my way down the building, the exit passage was littered with traps, no doubt to keep individuals like myself contained in this place. Exiting the structure, my eyes adjusted once more to the snowy tundra outside. It was a horror show, bones protruded from the ground like tufts of grass in a macarbe field. What was this horrific sight. Some were animals but others were unmistakably goblin in nature.

Scanning my surrounds, something from the piles of remains, twitched an moved. A right dwarven hand severed at the wrist, contorted itself across across the field of bones. It twitched like a cave spider creeping its way towards me. Followed by a twisted left arm dragging a bloated torso through the ground.

It was then my eyes meet her.

She just stood there.

Then with a snap of her fingers, the ground pulsated like a glutonous grub. Two figures emerged from their snow chrysalis. First to rise was a hand of planegifts, littered with cuts. The second was a bat woman who with a sickening crunch set her neck back into a correct position. The two snapped and pounced on nearby turtles as a thick fog blanketed the area.

I had to get out of this nightmare so I ran, quickly ducking down into a valley as the sounds of carnage echoed through the harsh tundra. I saw someone else in the distance resting up against the tree, i approached only to discover a dead goblin. Looks like he sustained some heavy injuries. I wondered out into the cold icy planes in search of shelter.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 04:47:05 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: August 01, 2023, 05:36:28 pm »

Ah, I recognise this place. Futureseals. Full of undeath and terror. Is this the adventure of your elephant man?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: August 01, 2023, 05:56:47 pm »

Ah, I recognise this place. Futureseals. Full of undeath and terror. Is this the adventure of your elephant man?
It is indeed, a harrowing start. Starting in the hospital, spawned on a bed and then walking outside and seeing the sheer carnage.

Drunken scholar

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: August 01, 2023, 10:18:11 pm »

Its truly a wretched place. Wild animals keep spawning by the dozens every time its loaded, because its built on top of a camp, which start fights with everyone and prompt the several necromancers to raise zombies to deal with them, which kill the animals and dwarves, which also get raised. And its totally out of control.

Worse still, the ritual didn't even work, the gods are still weak, and parts of reality continue to be devoured by the worm.

There's lots of death and murder, at least some gods must be happy.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: August 02, 2023, 06:26:35 pm »

Dark Gnomes Lament - Chapter 2 - Darker Still

Braving the cold tundra, I eventually made it to some kind of fortification, abandonded and left to the elements. The structure offered me warmth from the tundras cold embrace. Old books scattered the floor. Most refering to a fort by blowingtwinkles, which was most likely where I was.

Just like the dwarf had said the dark gnomes originated from. Could this be their foul machinations, I pressed rested up before heading out towards goblin teritory, perhaps they could offer me shelter, more supplies and directions out of this hellscape.

Approaching the dark pits, I was greated by the sites of goblins, mostly empty. Many remains of goblins. Clear evidence of battle and warfare. Then I found it, a tavern. A nice cold plump helmet wine followed by river spirits, I thought as I gazed towards the sign. The Mailgned Lunch. A place of this name should surely have a fitting menu, I thought as I barged into the small entry was with a bang.

I was met by a cold silence, the bar looked unused, no music, no customers and no barkeep. It was then my eyes met, its gaze. A skeletal figure resembling what I believe is a gnome. A specimin, I thought, they exist?. I rushed over and to my shock it was more than proof of their existance. It was altered changed to form an instrument of sorts. How Macarbe and yet facisnating. Such a mystery this offered to me, not only proof of such a specimin existance by its use as an instrument. I must learn more.

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 263