Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64508 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #645 on: June 29, 2020, 04:43:48 pm »

Year 299.7
When the fighting of the 3rd Crusade begins, Ludicrous-Sales Halloween will have his forces focus on the Red Court. He will try to negotiate first for the head of Valkyra
((So they'll be fighting on which side? Red Court or Black Qhanganate?))

((also, the "Third Crusade" is going to work differently from the second one, since writing that was HHHHHELLL.
Here's the gist:
The players will be choosing what army attacks where or does what, and they'll be written out as single battles/rolls as part of the larger Crusade. Any taken territory is marked with the Occupied domain, and the crusade ends when it winds down and becomes a cold war, a peace is negotiated, or one side is no longer able to fight. Then all occupied territories will become permanent territories. This way, we get more action, and i don't have to write out another 2nd Crusade))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 29, 2020, 04:50:03 pm »

Year 299.7
When the fighting of the 3rd Crusade begins, Ludicrous-Sales Halloween will have his forces focus on the Red Court. He will try to negotiate first for the head of Valkyra

((also, the "Third Crusade" is going to work differently from the second one, since writing that was HHHHHELLL.
Here's the gist:
The players will be choosing what army attacks where or does what, and they'll be written out as single battles/rolls as part of the larger Crusade. Any taken territory is marked with the Occupied domain, and the crusade ends when it winds down and becomes a cold war, a peace is negotiated, or one side is no longer able to fight. Then all occupied territories will become permanent territories. This way, we get more action, and i don't have to write out another 2nd Crusade))
((this sounds like a good idea))

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 29, 2020, 07:58:29 pm »

(( No one wants to take that Year 300, hehe. After all we gotta have the THIRD crusade start at the moment of the turn of the century, it's perfect! ))
I've lost control of my life.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #648 on: June 29, 2020, 08:19:42 pm »

Year 299.7

Here's the gist:

((I thought Dalai and the Miragian Order along with "all the Human Kingdoms" except Thairmir were assaulting the northern part of the Qhaganate as separate third party?))

Quote from: TankKit {p. 40}
A combined force of all the human kingdoms except Thairmar joined with a sizeable army of Dalaian mercenaries eager to secure their own crusader state in the Qhaganate launched an offensive on the fort at the far east of the Qhaganates border(Gharlor was offered a chance to reclaim some of the lost Sandstone lands, but didn't trust the crusaders to actually return all of the land to him and was more concerned with ensuring the security of his new state)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 29, 2020, 08:34:42 pm »

The Kingdoms of Streamland and Zalalastan, realizing how screwed they are if they fail to contain the Purple Leaf Disease, formulate a plan to come out of this Crusade victorious while still ensuring a constant stream of Vision Dust for as long as needed. They pool their armies together, and then from the most skilled of the ranks of diplomats and lawyers assemble The Great Diplomatic Army. Their plan is to use this large army to march in from the north and force a negotiation of a favorable treaty from the two sides with the following things (prioritized in order of most essential to least):
1. Peace and reliable supplying of Vision Dust for as long as needed to wipe out the Purple Leaf Disease
2. A human controlled territory free from corruption through which such trade can be conducted
3. Containment of the expansion of the forces of The Qhaganate (not really considered a priority so much as something to be disposed of at the right time as a "compromise" in return for the above terms).

Year 299.7

Here's the gist:

((I thought Dalai and the Miragian Order along with "all the Human Kingdoms" except Thairmir were assaulting the northern part of the Qhaganate as separate third party?))

Quote from: TankKit {p. 40}
A combined force of all the human kingdoms except Thairmar joined with a sizeable army of Dalaian mercenaries eager to secure their own crusader state in the Qhaganate launched an offensive on the fort at the far east of the Qhaganates border(Gharlor was offered a chance to reclaim some of the lost Sandstone lands, but didn't trust the crusaders to actually return all of the land to him and was more concerned with ensuring the security of his new state)
((I assume that's only one force from all the human kingdoms, and the human kingdoms all have their own forces that they reserved for their own purposes))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:39:13 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 29, 2020, 11:29:30 pm »

Year 299.9
With all the war and chaos going on in the west, little attention is paid to the floating, slowly cracking eastern continent. (Roll to see how much the eastern continent has cracked over the years since the Great Scar formed.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 01:03:36 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 30, 2020, 12:20:43 am »

(( Felt like writing a short, underdeveloped story in the dead of night for the turn of 300. As I have little else meaningful to add to the third crusade. Hopefully it's at least readable. ))

Year 300
O' Sultan~
O' Dorath~
O' Foreus~

O' lords of peace.
O' father let me be. Take me away, let me dance upon the deck up above! Let wind and weald go with me and--

"Kha'tra!" A gruff hiss came from the kitchen, a leathery old Lizardman tending carefully to a clayware oven and his products. He commanded without even turning a slit eye by way of his daughter. A young Lizard woman, she crept as silent as she could and just barely, barely let her nails cast themselves across the door of their little abode.

She froze, unable to set her sight aside from the curving handle. . .

So many talons marching across the street, great drums pounded in unison all while chants and songs carried themselves up to the heavens. Kha'tra could hear it, and hear it all so vividly, picturing it with complete clarity in her elongated head. Eventually she found the will to glare upon her old father, baking away. "Never will there be another century faire in my life!" She hisses. "Nor yours. . ."

"Haven't I told you, girl? You are not leaving this house." The old baker spits, with little venom toward his daughter.

"There's still time! Please can we just go and see the lights in the s--?" Kha'tra practically begs, having already asked this question a thousand times before the weeks leading up to this day.

"No!" He cuts the girl off and at last turns her way, stepping forward with a rickety cane in hand. "You've heard the tales. You know what came of Sahtii the Younger!" He continues, more fury in each step. "Until I hear the Sultan is dealing with the Jahtgaro, we are staying SAFE! Understand?"

She scoffs, gripping the door handle all the more tightly. "Jahtgaro this! Jahtgaro that! You don't really believe all that, do you?" Kha'Tra doesn't let him reply, "You will just keep me locked away just like you did my sisters until we all finally abandon you!"

"Kha'tra, I just don't. . ."

"I HATE you!" She spat, venom and all, storming off, leaving deep scratches by her talons in the stairs as she did. Leaving a tear or two to meet the gruff old baker's eye, who again returned to his oven. He felt the weight of his care for the family, it burdened his shoulders well. But even so, be could not blame her. Nor her sisters for running off. "My darling clutch. . ." He mumbled to himself.

Let me be~
Fair and fun, and happy and free~
O' father, O' faaather~
Please. Let me beeeeeee.

Kha'tra rest upon a gold leaf inlaid chair, before a window upon the second story, hoping her troubled thoughts would float away. She could her it then in the distance. Great pops and blasts, what colours she wondered could the powders produce? And what majesty mustit be to witness the sailing skyship in the horizon, sailing after those new 'fireworks'. . .

Her eyes were closed, picturing the century faire and all that she would miss.

When at last they opened, she became frozen in fear. For they had met with two great goldenrod eyes and slit, slate pupils gazing intently back. She could not even scream.

"Child of the Monolith." A rumbling sound and understanding welled up inside her as those words made themselves clear, bellowing silently from the mind of the many spined viper that rest head-level to her window. Coiled ever so gently around their outskirt home. "To devour thy hearth and home did I come. But it is thine voice from which I drink deep."

"Never before have such tones made themselves known to me or mine kin. I could not mar such beauty." It spoke wordlessly and refined.

Fear turned only to trepidation, and ever the obstinate one, the young woman replied  without regret. Introducing herself to the Jahtgaro before her. "I am called Kha'tra." She says quite simply. Unable to think of anything else.

"This I know. And your father, Fehtaa. We are bourne of the same mother, thine people can hide no secrets from mine."

There are moments of silence. Followed again by the dull roar of the faire in the distance. Again, the serpent spoke, Basileus its name, "Come. I know of what thou seek, and wouldst grant thy wish for return of thine song again.

Kha'tra was drawn by the great serpent's gaze, and found she could not look away. Something deep within her realized it spoke no lies, that she had a connection to the creature despite this chance meeting. So like any reckless youngling, she climbed out upon the ridged head of Basileus whom spoke, "Be wary, for I am fickle, and would just as soon swallow thee whole. . ." Kha'tra however was unabated, and so they slithered into the open fields where they could see bursts of sparks and colours alike in the dark skies high above the Sultante proper. All while the young lizard sung, her words like honey, lulling the great beast.

At the time perhaps it was not forseen, but this event on the turn of the prosperous new century for the Jahtari was also the night that the eventual, 'Jahtgaro Cult' could be traced back to. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 30, 2020, 01:57:06 am »

(( Felt like writing a short, underdeveloped story in the dead of night for the turn of 300. As I have little else meaningful to add to the third crusade. Hopefully it's at least readable. ))

Year 300

((I feel like im stating the obvious here but i guess you're a writer? at least a hobbyist, if not professional. I've always had that impression.))
((Humorously, i also had plans for the Lizardmen to start a cult after the attacks, but im glad you got to it first, i would never be able to write something of that caliber))

((Anyway, if people go month by month, there's still a few turns before 300.6 , but for all practical purposes, this post can be considered the cutoff.
It doesn't mean that people have to stop posting, but The crusade will be kicked off in the update after this one.))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 30, 2020, 04:15:04 am »

Year 300.1

A few Hamsterfolk explorers discover a race of giant humanoids, similar to the Firbolg, far west to the coast near the Dorathian Kingdom. The similarities with the Firbolg end there however, as these giants are completely composed of part water and part rock. At first there was extreme hostility as these giants were very territorial, almost killing the Hamstermen explorers that made first contact, but over time the giants acquiesced to diplomacy after some gold was given as gifts to the local chieftain.

The explorers learn that these giants call themselves "Wi'ali," translating to the particular spell that brought them into existence- it was learned that these giants were elementals that were mass summoned by a bandit-wizard vs another band of bandits in a war for territory.

The wizard while of potent magical power was arrogant and treated the Wi'ali terribly with lists of abuses- making them make camp in the fringes of the desert where the Wi'ali loathe the heat, using parts of their body of as a drinking source, and pressing Wi'ali childlings into combat despite the protests of the Wi'ali. Eventually they mutineed, killing the bandit-wizard and his forces. They even hunted down the bandit force of their former master just for sport of battle- the Wi'ali loved it, but didn't wish to take orders from humans or any other race for that matter.

After that the Chieftain would continue to relay, telling the Hamstermen explorers that they then moved to the coast to be near what they cherish the most- water. Eventually however the Wi'ali split up into various skirmishing tribes, raiding each other atleast once or twice a week for sport of combat- not skirmishes of animosity.

With more gold given to let the Hamstermen explorers to leave the Wi'ali camp the explorers would go back to their home nation, the Dorathian Kingdom,  to report their discovery. This gains the explorers hefty commissions from the royal offices and a few cartographer guilds.

Spoiler: Wi'ali Tribes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 04:17:22 am by Lidku »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 30, 2020, 05:16:58 am »

((I feel like im stating the obvious here but i guess you're a writer? at least a hobbyist, if not professional. I've always had that impression.))
((Humorously, i also had plans for the Lizardmen to start a cult after the attacks, but im glad you got to it first, i would never be able to write something of that caliber))

(( Certainly not a professional, I wish I had the personal drive to pursue that some days, but I realize that I'd never complete a work. All in all I just like writing and language. Possibly another reason I enjoy this concept a lot, every post and every update is a new interconnected prompt from which to bounce off of.

Also! Don't put yourself down dummy, all that you've put together has certainly had a good effort in it. I especially like your in depth look at the Elysians whenever it comes up.

And the cult thing is probably pretty tropey, but I still like the idea, great minds think alike and all. :P ))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 05:21:19 am by Unraveller »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 30, 2020, 06:23:47 am »

Notices

(( Certainly not a professional, I wish I had the personal drive to pursue that some days, but I realize that I'd never complete a work. All in all I just like writing and language. Possibly another reason I enjoy this concept a lot, every post and every update is a new interconnected prompt from which to bounce off of.

Also! Don't put yourself down dummy, all that you've put together has certainly had a good effort in it. I especially like your in depth look at the Elysians whenever it comes up.

And the cult thing is probably pretty tropey, but I still like the idea, great minds think alike and all. :P ))

You like the Elysians? I thought they'd be too unapproachable and too alien as most things that come out of my mind are. Well if you like them, then i hope i'll get some inspiration and a chance to do some stuff with them soon.

Rolls

Dorathian Kingdom vs. Coalition of the Lakes, the first battle
Code: [Select]
Dorathian Kingdom 1d20=16
Coalition of the Lakes 1d20=11
((Thank you for giving me a chance to trial the Occupation system))

The Dorathian kingdom, intending to unite all of hamstermen under one banner, marched straight north, intending to take the capital of the Shamans in one fell swoop, but the Shamans had foreseen this and coalition of the lakes formed between the Hamsterfolk Shamans and the Slugman Duchies were waiting just beyond the border, the fighting took place in the prairies west of the great valley. There the blades of the two hamsterfolk nations would meet for the first time and it would mark the beginning of the Dorathian Crusade proper. Despite the coalition matching the Dorathian Kingdom in number, they did not match them in training. Where the Shamans were largely peaceful and the Slugmen unconcerned, the Dorathian kingdom's troops' training was bordering on obsessive.

And it is this training that saw them occupy the area west of the the valley, but it was not without blood being spilled on both sides, but more of it of the Shamans and their slugman allies, yet they fought fiercely regardless, stopping the Dorathians far before their their capital.

Greenskins attempt to expand further north
1d20=3In the wake of their previous large expansion, the primary resource the greenskins need to expand, manpower, had been stretched thin, they could not muster enough of orcs to expand further north without leaving other parts of their territory undefended.

They tried to anyway and all attempts to gain new territory failed, and some of their recently taken territories have become too sparsely populated to consider "their territory"
(A part of the northern part of the Greenskins' territory has become Weak, meaning it can be taken without conquest)

The Magi of the university attempt to further research the portal
1d20=17(sorry about being over-long with this one, but i absolutely love writing stuff like this.)
Thanks to their consistent and persistent research into the portal and its operation, the Magi of the University believe they have further unlocked the portal's secrets. Normally, the creation of portals is not the domain of Arcane magic, as spatial displacement and similar odd hyperdimensional topology is more the domain of Chaos magic but by exploiting quirks in the properties of Arcane energy, it is possible to "Superimpose" two or more locations on top of one another( the "room"). However to do so, requires an "Anchor", a powerful source of Arcane energy that can feed all of the portals at once and tie them to itself. While both the creation and maintenance of the portal require RELATIVELY little energy, The Anchor itself has to be an incredibly powerful source of Arcane energy, it would require a theoretical "Arcane Reactor", a pipe dream, something far beyond the University's resources to make or to maintain.

The opening of the portal requires a burst of Arcane energy to "tether" to the Anchor, by exploiting said quirks to "entangle" that point in space with that of the Anchor. The travel between portals depends on a previously undetected component of Spirit energy to select the destination. "The portal KNOWS where you want to go, but if you don't neither does the portal"

The only way that the University could make its own portal, is that it will have to be tied to the existing Anchor, and they've got a pretty good hunch on what that is. The only source of Arcane energy ANYWHERE on the world powerful enough, is sitting on the floating island to their south, on Elysium. There, The White Tree, and the blue... star of Arcane and Spirit energy she carries between her branches. The White Tree has been there for a long time now, always silently there, like a beacon of light that shines anywhere one goes. Did the White Tree make those portals, and if so, was it intentional, or is the Tree causing anomalies within the fabric of reality?

Once the method by which the portal could be made was discovered, the making of the test portal was a relatively easy, merely requiring the most powerful Arcane mage of the University to perform the spell to open the portal, which requires a big part of his energy reserves to do so. But with it, they confirmed their hypothesis and the White Tree is IN FACT the original portals' anchor, as they could travel to the Waterstone Clan's lands from their newly made portal. They also discovered how to close these arcane portals, requiring about just as much energy to close as it takes to open. The closing of the portal exploits the Pendulum effect to drain the portal of all of its energy in an instant. No energy, no portal.

Creation of remote portals has been discovered too, by feeding the Arcane energy THROUGH the portal network along with a small packet of Spirit energy to tell the Anchor where the second portal should go. However, this requires far greater amounts of Arcane energy than creating a local portal, again due to the Pendulum Effect and the rapid degradation of the energy within the "network", likely requiring the cooperation of multiple very powerful Arcane Magi to produce.
Regardless, the Magi researching the portal have put forth a proposal to open a remote portal on Elysium, something that has always been there, but always has been out of reach, until now.

The Alchemist's obsession with the ruby
1d20=20!
The Alchemist has become completely obsessed with the Ruby and unlocking whatever secrets it holds. So obsessed that he poisons every guard in the museum and steals the ruby on the night before the two adventurer ships are to sail out in the morning. He set up the plan perfectly, preparing everything in advance to get the Great Ruby, and himself out of Dalai aboard the Vivaldi. He had a crate on a horse drawn cart out front, he put the Ruby in there and rode off toward the harbor and placed the crate among the last that would be loaded onto the ship in the morning before it would set sail and then hid himself in there along with the ruby. He would spend the trip hidden in the hold, and would get off once the ship reaches Refugio Guerra to stock up on supplies, there he could continue his work on the Ruby.

Along the way, the Ruby was his only companion and he would whisper to it frequently and even quietly sang to it. The Ruby would respond only by growing yet more little crystalline growths on itself, with the little songs and whistling seemingly causing the biggest growths.
(The Ruby has been moved to Refugio Guerra)

Dragolia's ongoing cracking.
1d20=15(ha ha this is actually something that has been in the plans for a long time, but it kinda got sidelined)

Somehow, it never occurred to the Magi of the University that the Scar their University is on the edge of, is a symptom of something much worse. Unbeknownst to said magi, the northern half of Dragolia has been slowly accumulating subterranean fissures with the Scar as the centerpoint. It is not known WHEN it will happen, but it can be said with certainty that it will: Dragolia's northern half will split into several seperate floating islands. It is not yet even known how big the islands will be or how many of them there will be. It will happen within the coming century, but the exact date can not be predicted.

Summary
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map and Legend Updated (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 06:26:02 am by Strik3r »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 30, 2020, 06:48:26 am »

Year 300.2
Zornaraugh's attempts to maintain the Greenskin's previous rate of expansion may of failed, but his determination to get revenge for the violent actions of the slugmen was legendary. Rather than rely solely on his own people's manpower, he began organising a series of small raids against the slugman lands furthest to the north, capturing slugmen and bringing them back to serve as slaves to further the growth of his own realm. While this was still significantly slower than the first time, he was able to gradually reassert dominion over his north-western and even push slightly further into the wilderness.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 30, 2020, 07:21:07 am »

Year 300.3
Due to the high amounts of infection, those who are uninfected go to the very westernmost part of Thairmar, the hope is that if people no longer live near those who have it, it won’t spread

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 30, 2020, 08:32:57 am »

After finishing their celebrations of the turn of a new century, the teams of Arch-Mages from Ukalia continue their attempts of curing the Purple Leaf Disease with their restoration magic.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 30, 2020, 08:38:10 am »

YEAR 300.45
With the attack planned by Arythia of the Red Court only a month away, a new force would be joining the conflict, to assist Arythia's efforts in dealing with the threat of the Black Qhanganate and the Aetherials. A force only whispered about until now, a force thought to be a myth. From their mountain fortress they've come, wearing steel trimmed with gold and wielding great swords and spells of golden light.
Headed by a warrior said to not have aged a day past his 21st year, they are the warriors of sunlight, the Paladins, the magic knights with a mission to purge all that is unnatural, whether it be the Aetherials, those corrupted by them or the undead.

Over the years where Rheis Veirn the Second hasn't been heard from, he's been teaching himself Light magic, especially designed to destroy evil monsters, and learning the way of the blade. At the same time he's been building up the Paladin order, teaching all he learns to the others, their fortress secluded in an unknown place. Although they're not religious by nature, in some ways, they worship the little orb of light that follows Rheis around.
There is a joke growing in popularity among the paladins regarding Rheis, that as he becomes more powerful, so does his hair and once the Third Crusade is over, He wont be able to walk anymore.

After hearing of the Red Court's plan to destroy the Black Qhanganate, Rheis agreed to bring his Paladins to help her efforts. Although Rheis' and the Paladins' true goal is to feed as many of the wretched bastards' souls to the little orb of light as they can, so she can take their essence and turn into her own power, and perhaps even ascend to godhood, and maybe finally the world will have a goddess of light.

And after hearing rumors of Arghila possibly having a Necromancer within their ranks, they have sworn to hunt him down and put him to the edge of a sword, and if his supposed apprentice truly can summon demons, he will not be spared either.

((Okay, im trying to figure out all the factions and armies going on in this conflict, correct me if im wrong:
The Red Court and the Army of Mages
The Desert Shades, united force of the Miragians and the Red Court's Shadowguard
Rheis and his Paladins

vs

The Black Qhanganate and Khagatai's Black Sky-Legion
The Aetherials (although they'll be mostly passive, probably)
and Kingdom of Thairmar

vs

Kingdom of Arghila
Kingdom of Karhan

vs

Kingdom of Streamland
Kingdom of Zalalastan
(With their Great Diplomatic Army)
))

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 76