West!
- 1 (16.7%)
Neither.
- 1 (16.7%)
The White.
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Re: Divine Duel Turn X- Hiatus [1 Tribe Spot open]  (Read 22037 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 17- Counters and the Howls of Sorrow
« Reply #300 on: October 09, 2020, 04:42:38 pm »

As a note, I think that takes more FP than you have right now?

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 09, 2020, 05:38:01 pm »

The Extradimensionals
Trait: Psionic Regeneration
Tribe Total: 10/10
Workers: 10/10
Food: 22
Wood: 0
Stone: 1
Stone Tools: 4/10

2 workers forage at F7 with 2 stone tools
2 workers forage at F6 with 2 stone tools
1 worker prays
5 workers research Farming

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 09, 2020, 05:41:47 pm »

Yes, but you see, the gods in the other game can create land cheaply. Being a god of avarice, I wanted it so much that I conveniently forgot the real price.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 09, 2020, 06:10:09 pm »

Yes, but you see, the gods in the other game can create land cheaply. Being a god of avarice, I wanted it so much that I conveniently forgot the real price.
Quantity or Quality land? I liked the layout of it at least.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 09, 2020, 09:26:53 pm »

Apparently the Tauri lost 2 workers, and 1 was injured?  It's not exactly clear in the turn results.

Also, the sub event Howls of Sorrow is not clear.  Who is in danger -- the Blenderong or my own tribesfolk?  If the Blenderong -- who cares?  I have only 4 workers and thus can't risk going on adventures.

2 workers create 1 wooden spear
2 workers forage for food at C3
1 worker recovers from injuries
6 food is expended to create 2 workers

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 16- Age of Growth & Strife
« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2020, 05:09:14 am »

As much as I'd like to kill off the wolves I don't thing everyone running into their den and trying to punch them to death is a good idea.

The Zebra Commonwealth
6 Workers create 3 wooden spears.
1 Worker prays to Thul.
2 Workers research stone gathering.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 10, 2020, 08:28:38 am »

Apparently the Tauri lost 2 workers, and 1 was injured?  It's not exactly clear in the turn results.

Also, the sub event Howls of Sorrow is not clear.  Who is in danger -- the Blenderong or my own tribesfolk?  If the Blenderong -- who cares?  I have only 4 workers and thus can't risk going on adventures.

2 workers create 1 wooden spear
2 workers forage for food at C3
1 worker recovers from injuries
6 food is expended to create 2 workers

The wolves in this case. Welp, they're dead then.

Bonekin and Swampmen left.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 10, 2020, 10:23:00 am »

Making a post, been packing and carrying a lot to move but I have some time.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 10, 2020, 09:55:38 pm »

The Zastarn bonekin
Desperate for food after being repeatedly attacked by jaguars, all the workers except one go out to forage food from f2 using one of their two sets of stone tools, while one stays behind with the other set to protect the oracle.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 07:31:59 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 10, 2020, 10:30:29 pm »

The Swampmen
3 forage at G5
3 forage at G3
1 prays, because of course
1 oracle is born for 10 food

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 11, 2020, 07:30:38 am »

Oracles cost 5 food rather than 10, but I get the gist.

Actions Locked.

Basic rolls done. Combat rolls and Tile Painting left.(So much variation.)

That should be all but the writing and typing.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 03:53:05 pm by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 18- Clear Skies and a Battle's End
« Reply #311 on: October 13, 2020, 10:06:46 am »

Turn 18- Clear Skies and a Battle's End

Thul Ponders Magical Grass, and more Magical Grass. While concentration does result in destruction, concentration may also be how it can be spread. 5/7
... Thul has declared his First Taboo. Pondering how to uphold it is available, though he can only punish those who are his. Smite 0/4

Jaanin'Maldaraak Observes G2. A land of rocks and shrubs.
Jaanin'Maldaraak Creates. A prairie is brought into existence north of the Mountain, and South a Desert forms under his will. The remaining White quickly coalesces into creatures who live there.

Jaanin'Maldaraak Ponders deeply on the nature of Weather, it's formation and use in this world. Imbuing his power into the fabric, and forming, creating, directing. And so it clicks.
8/8
Jaanin'Maldaraak can now create Weather in a single tile. While short lived, it can drastically impact the world, and if the rest of his tiles are filled the effect will improve. This effect must be terrestrial in origin, and will affect the tile it's used on that turn. By nature, the results may vary. Costs 2 FP per use.
In other news, Weather has appeared somehow, and not directly by his hand.

The West

The Tauri
2 workers create 1 wooden spear.
2 workers forage for food at C3, finding a measly 3 food in a stroke of bad luck.
6 food is used to birth 2 new workers.

Combat Report
C3: Combat occurs, but neither side takes any injuries.

Spiderlings
The White covers B5 as strange cracking and screeching is heard.

Combat Report
B5: Still no combat. However the Spiderlings are still done for. All Hail The Ling.
Due to the Loss of the Spiderlings, Trap Making Research has been lost. 15 RP added to The Ling's bounty.
The Confluence produces a 3 FP updraft, which Thul gladly takes for himself.

The Zebra Commonwealth
6 Workers create 3 wooden spears, preparing for the future.
1 Worker prays to Thul. +2 FP.
2 Workers research stone gathering. 4/6.
The Zebra Commenwealth will need a lot of food not to suffer a massive amount of Starvation.

Combat Report
The Wolves lick their wounds, not venturing far from their den.

Combat Report at D3
The Beasts of Blederong end the wolves. As they feast, they reach an Apex.
The Beasts of Blenderong have gained a new trait from their foes. Apex: Recovery. 5 RP Bounty added to theirs.

The East

Zastarn Bonekin
The Zastarn Bonekin begin a thourough foraging of the jungles resources, sending 8 workers to gather everything they can. In the process, they stir up the panthers and end up flushing them out of hiding. 1 worker stays behind to guard the praying Oracle. Tools are handed to both 1 of the foragers and the one guarding the Oracle.
Combat Report
F2: In the process of gathering, one panther retreats and attacks, another is injured doing the same, and the last injured one slips past to the grounds the Tribe makes it's home. However the attentive worker manages to intercept it's attack and kills it.
As a result of all this, the tribe has gathered a total of 17 food, and completely Exhausted F2 for the next foreseeable while as it regrows. 4 food is gained from the dead panther, and the Crocodiles general hunting grounds have been noted, which will reduce the chance of sudden death from stumbling into them. And their god has gained 3 FP. It's been a busy time. In other news, one worker did injure themselves in the chaos, but that's fairly on the lucky side given the number moving about.

Swampmen of Uudvurk
3 forage the flooded plains of G5, finding 8 food in a stroke of luck and teamwork.
3 forage the Woodland of G3, also finding 8 food.
1 worker prays for this blessing. +2 FP.
An Oracle is born into this world, 5 food sacrificed. Her goldenrod skin tone showcase her status as being uniquely blessed.

Combat Report
G4 remains peaceful as ever.
G5 seems to share that peace.
G3 sees the Swampmen being ahead of the curve, avoiding the Bobcats and Bears. However they can't help but feel an unease.

Extradimensionals
2 workers forage at F7 with 2 stone tools, finding 3 food. The peninsula doesn't seem to be that great at providing food of the foraged variety. At all.
2 workers forage at F6 with 2 stone tools, finding 7 food.
1 worker prays. +2 FP.
5 workers research Farming, nearly completing the tech! 26/30.

Combat Report
F7: Peace and no food snatching.
F6: The Black Bear is avoided, and the White Bear doesn't seem to care for the moment. You can see it eying you though.

Weather Reports
E2 seems to be facing a heavy storm that has formed, no predictions on when it will abate.
H5 is facing sandstorms. They should die down, but all are advised not to go there.

Weather Reports
Clear Skies across other parts of creation.

Thul, +2 FP from Zebras. +3 FP from stream.(will become 2 next turn, and 1 at the ending of these Ages. New Tribe will cut it.)
Jaanin'Maldaraak, +7 FP from tribes.

Spoiler: Thul's Tiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thul's Western Tribes (click to show/hide)

Let me know if you spot errors, as always.

As a bit of advice, this is probably a good a time as any to snipe the other team and perform Farming research. Well, at least for the Tauri? Zebras are near starvation. Farming Research falls under something multiple tribes would research, requiring 3 tribes contribute 10 each.
Granted, there are parts of it that will render it a very poor fit for the Zebra Commonwealth at the moment.
Also, Primitive Hunting and Primitive Spearfishing are the same scavenge-level action you are used to, only for hunting and fishing. Needless to say, they also have an attached research topic.

Notes to Thul: That stream is consolation for not having a tribe anymore. I would suggest making a spot soon for another tribe, though your choices are a bit limited with the Blenderong and The Ling about. Those two are going to end up racking up quite the bounty over time though.
Feel free to contact me if you want the advice I'm thinking. Though I only offer placement ideas. I don't want things to end with a whimper so early.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 06:11:35 pm by TricMagic »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 13, 2020, 11:35:35 am »

The Zastarn bonekin
With the arrangements made, all except the injured, the oracle, and the newly dubbed village watcher go to G2 to gather as much food and stone as possible, taking one set of tools with them. 3 focus on foraging the stone with the tools, while the other 4 gather food.
 The oracle takes a brief break from praying to tend to the injured and research first aid. Perhaps with care they could turn the panthera into an advantage...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 07:02:42 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 13, 2020, 02:59:33 pm »

The Swampmen
Finally approaching a decent situation. Those beasts are a bit worrying... I guess developing some hunting tools is a good idea for the future. Wonder if I can maybe change the genetics of this race, what with their female counterparts in the Amazons being extinct.
*some time passes*
Answer: No, I cannot. What kind of creature has its female form be a species of moss!?

2 Swampmen go gathering food at G4
1 Swampman goes stone gathering at H4. Hopefully he learned his lesson from last time.
1 Swampman goes wood gathering at G3
2 Swampmen build a stone tool using 2 wood and 2 stone
1 Oracle Swampman prays
1 worker Swampman prays (I don't know if the oracle counts towards the total needed for a turn)
3 food is used to create 1 new Swampman

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 13, 2020, 03:10:13 pm »

As a bit of advice, this is probably a good a time as any to snipe the other team and perform Farming research. Well, at least for the Tauri? Zebras are near starvation. Farming Research falls under something multiple tribes would research, requiring 3 tribes contribute 10 each.
Granted, there are parts of it that will render it a very poor fit for the Zebra Commonwealth at the moment.
Also, Primitive Hunting and Primitive Spearfishing are the same scavenge-level action you are used to, only for hunting and fishing. Needless to say, they also have an attached research topic.
What? Is this a new mechanic? I thought research was specifically linked by the tribes' god.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25