Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: SPAMVICEROY: Viceroy Kidraan Traic of Bena Janetta  (Read 5380 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMVICEROY: Viceroy Kidraan Traic of Bena Janetta
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2020, 10:54:12 am »

A BB CC
A DDDD
A BBB C
Gonna need a tiebreaker.
Long Live United Forenia!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2020, 11:25:43 am »

BBA
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2020, 01:44:12 pm »

A number of brave, pious colonists make their way to Concordia, seeking to rebuild from the ashes. The Advisor cautions you that the treasury is now perilously low, and suggests not making any non-essential expenditures until more revenue comes in.

3-1=2
For some strange reason, the suggestion that the explorers should return the treasures does not go down well. The expedition leader informs you that while you can go cuddle up with the natives all you want, you won't be taking away the treasures that they braved life and limb to obtain.

A: That was not a request. Those are not your treasures, and you will hand them over.
B: Okay, okay, keep them. I won't mention it to the natives- what they don't know can't hurt them.
C: Fine, but I'm telling the natives who is responsible for stealing their treasures.
TURNTURNTURN

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2020, 02:04:28 pm »

A I mean, while I don't particularly want to have to force them, it's their own fault for it. They should have known better to than to have done something that could have heavy diplomatic consequences, since we've no idea who built that site or it's current significance. If they don't have the decency to do something as simple as wait for our permission to provoke possible native hostilities, then they have no right to refuse or question us when we decide to go against the decision.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 02:08:45 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2020, 07:35:34 pm »

Uh I just realized.

The natives we are working with are not allowed to have metals.

So they could not be the owners of the site.

B

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2020, 07:37:56 pm »

A.  We need the money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2020, 07:45:47 pm »

I don't think it was ever implied that the natives owned the ruin, but that they might know what it was there for.

That said, I'm abstaining on this vote because I didn't perceive this as a "demand the explorers return what they found immediately" choice, just a "try to get information on the source" choice, so I feel like this is not what I wanted anyway.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2020, 01:28:55 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2020, 04:06:37 am »

B
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2020, 06:18:44 am »

That said, I'm abstaining on this vote because I didn't perceive this as a "demand the explorers return what they found immediately" choice, just a "try to get information on the source" choice, so I feel like this is not what I wanted anyway.
Were you planning on figuring out who they belonged to, and then keeping them anyway?

You back down on the suggestion that the treasures be returned to their original owners, satisfying the explorers. The expedition leader closes out by pointing out that while maintaining good relations with the natives may be important, he's pretty sure that nobody has cared about these treasures for many years, and that nobody will miss them. He may have a point.

However, it's still possible that the ruins have some significance to the natives, so you make a point of inquiring with your allies about them (without mentioning the treasure). You ask your wife, but she doesn't know anything- though she does mention that the high shaman of her father's court sometimes told stories about weird things like that. Consequently, you send a messenger to the Stone-Axe Tribe, asking them for information. You also send a messenger to try and contact the Hide-Shield Tribe, who supposedly inhabit the territory the ruins were actually found in- but they are a very reclusive people, to the point where you have only heard about them from the colonists, and never seen one in Nova Emperia.

Before the messengers can return, a ship arrives. It brings a cargo of trade goods (tea, spices, and liquor), as well as the usual supplies, a handful of immigrants, and... the Imperial Envoy.
The Envoy explains that he has been dispatched to audit the colony; he requests (or rather, demands) access to all records, and the ability to question anyone- including you.

A: I have nothing to hide; anything you need, I will provide.
B: I resent the implication here. I shouldn't need to cooperate to prove my innocence.
C: Oh, that sounds like a lot of work on your part. Why don't you just relax, and take this chest of unmarked non-consecutive silver ingots instead?
TURNTURNTURN

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2020, 06:23:28 am »

A
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2020, 06:24:21 am »

A

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2020, 10:30:51 am »

Were you planning on figuring out who they belonged to, and then keeping them anyway?
Yes, depending on to whom it turned out they belonged!

Anyway, A

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2020, 11:41:30 am »

The Envoy thanks you for your cooperation, and heads towards your office to rummage through your files. It will be some time before his audit is complete.

Early Autumn, Colonial Year 11
The messengers you sent to inquire about the ruins return within a day of one another.
The one who visited the Stone-Axe Tribe explains that after describing the ruins, he was told in no uncertain terms that ruins of that sort are accursed places, awash with "dark magic". They won't stop you from investigating them, but highly recommend against it. They have no idea who built them.
The one who sought out the Hide-Shield Tribe was fortunate enough to stumble across a Hide-Shield hunting party. They answered his questions about the ruins; they also claim them to be the domain of evil spirits, who visit death upon anyone who intrudes upon them. They are likewise clueless as to the identity of the builders.

A: Their superstition is our profit. Start investigating immediately.
B: While 'dark magic' is definitely not at work, there may be other dangers. Investigate, but use caution.
C: We don't want to mess with dark magic and/or scare the natives. Leave the ruins be.
TURNTURNTURN

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2020, 11:44:50 am »

C
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10