Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21599 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #225 on: November 10, 2020, 09:50:26 pm »

"Well shit they've all left, it's like they hate my traditions!"
Well since the dolphins are all gone for the moment I'll go see if there's anything interesting going on in town.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
You wander into town, and it looks like the Feast of Fire celebrations have just begun. There are various booths set up with events such as bobbing for fire, fire tasting booths, and fire eating competitions.

>Find a map of the train, since I apparently need one.
(Base Luck roll 10%=16% Failure)
Looking around the sleeping compartment, you try and find a map of the train, but you can't seem to find one here. You'll probably have to explore elsewhere.

Welp, initiate relaxation routines! No need to work too hard, hehe.
((100%-27% Thinking skill=73%)>d100=28% Success!)
You manage to relax, gaining +1 Relaxation Token as you settle in your compartment and chill.

Use my immense hippie skills to become the (unofficial) leader of the hippies
(Smarv Spirituality Skill 45%=80% Failure) vs (Hippies Anti-Hierarchy skill 23%=30%)
You don't make much headway trying to convince the hippies to follow you on the basis of spirituality, even though they don't seem to be resisting it too much.

(Smarv Weedomancy skill 67%=62% Success!) vs (Hippies Anti-Hierarchy skill 23%=18% Success!) (Smarv Success margin=5% vs Hippies Success margin=5%. Tie goes to Hippies for lower roll)
You try to control the hippies with weed, but they counter that weed is what makes everyone free and equal, man.

(Smarv Cooking skill 20%=95% Failure) vs (Hippies Gastrological Sensibilities skill 6%=51% Failure)
Even though the hippies don't have the most sophisticated palette, you poor cooking isn't going to sway them.

(Smarv LSD Summoning skill 82%=73% Success!) vs  (Hippies Anti-Hierarchy skill 23%=18% Success!) (Smarv Success margin=9%)(Hippies Success margin=5%. Smarv Wins!)
Then you try brainwashing them with LSD. Hey, if it works for the CIA, why not you?

And you do it. You now have a commune full of LSD-brainwashed hippies under your command.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 10, 2020, 09:58:34 pm »

Let's have a little nap.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2020, 10:15:25 pm »

I still didn't get an answer to my question.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2020, 11:31:17 pm »

I still didn't get an answer to my question.
To clarify, should I be removing the Republic coins from my inventory? I didn't see anything about actually buying tickets.
Oh, yeah. I forgot that you hadn't bought tickets already.
Yeah, meaning yes. and, as tickets are 37 Republic Coins each, with Al/Bartholomew, Aya-Vary-Jury, Lord Screech, and Sponcy, that should be -148 Republic Coins for +4 train tickets (ettins are traditionally charged as a single person).

Let's have a little nap.
You have a little nap, (Roll for Coziness=28%) and are moderately cozy.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2020, 07:52:20 am »

((I don't remember if Zebra / Wagon kin can eat fire or not, so why not find out now.))

Go to the fire tasting booth and see if I can eat it, if I can eat the fire join the fire eating contest which I should be able to win because I'm a zebra.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2020, 09:44:25 am »

>Enter the Billiards hall. As there is no uncertainty involved with entering another room, this won't need a roll.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2020, 11:56:46 am »

In that case, I only buy two tickets for 74 Republic Coins. One for me and one for Sponcy. I don't recall agreeing to pay for anyone else's tickets.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 11, 2020, 12:35:54 pm »

Snooooore
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 11, 2020, 05:25:44 pm »

Turn 12
((I don't remember if Zebra / Wagon kin can eat fire or not, so why not find out now.))

Go to the fire tasting booth and see if I can eat it, if I can eat the fire join the fire eating contest which I should be able to win because I'm a zebra.
You go to the fire tasting booth and attempt to eat some fire (Secret Star Sign Roll=8% Success!). You do so quite easily, and it even allows you to acclimate yourself to fire damage. You gain (5d6=18) +18% Fire Resistance.

Seeing that you are able to tolerate fire, you join the fire eating contest.

In round one, everyone starts with something simple, a small candle. (Fire Resistance 18%=70%-(3d10%=5%)=65% Failure) It seems like you just got luck the first time around, and you take (d6=4) four fire damage, but your fire resistance gives you -9 to fire damage effects, so it can't really affect you unless it builds up more.

According to the rules of the fire eating contest, contestants only lose by forfeiture or death, so do you wish to continue?

>Enter the Billiards hall. As there is no uncertainty involved with entering another room, this won't need a roll.
You enter the billiards hall, and several posh looking beings are gathered around wearing suits and smoking jackets. The scent of cigar smoke hangs heavy in the air.

A wind giant makes an impressive shot on one of the billiards tables, and a muted cry of "Rather!" goes up from her fellows, and one of them gives her a jovial pat on the back, and other offers her a glass of brandy.

(Base Luck roll 10%=18% Failure)
There seems to be no map in this particular compartment either.

You're in the billiards compartment. Behind your current compartment is the sleeping car you came from, and ahead of you is what looks to be some kind of diner.

In that case, I only buy two tickets for 74 Republic Coins. One for me and one for Sponcy. I don't recall agreeing to pay for anyone else's tickets.
Fine, then. Aya-Vary-Jury got a ticket by cheating (Cheating 101%=66% Success!) and Lord Screech (Hacking 48%=37% Success!) hacked the system to get himself a ticket.

So your current Republic Coin total should be (223-74=149) 149 Republic Coins.

Snooooore
You dream, you're in your childhood home as child, and your mother is there.

Suddenly, her face and voice are replaced with those of Zizgolith.

"SO, I WAS WONDERING, WERE YOU PLANNING TO KILL ANY MORTALS ON THIS TRIP, OR WERE YOU JUST GOING TO NAP THE WHOLE TIME?"
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 11, 2020, 05:57:12 pm »

"Didn't know demons were capable of impatience. Seems like a biological limitation, to me."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 11, 2020, 06:18:33 pm »

"Didn't know demons were capable of impatience. Seems like a biological limitation, to me."
"WELL, I FORMED AN AGREEMENT WITH YOU UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT YOU WERE PLANNING TO KILL SOME PEOPLE, SO IT FEELS LIKE YOU AREN'T REALLY INTENDING TO KEEP UP YOUR END OF THE BARGAIN.

"BUT, ACTUALLY, THE REASON I CONTACTED YOU WAS TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE TRAIN IS ABOUT TO BE ROBBED SOON."
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 11, 2020, 06:27:17 pm »

"Yeah? And what's that got to do with me?"

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 11, 2020, 06:31:05 pm »

>Enter the dining car, and look for anything of interest. Also, make sure I have easy access to my briefcase if shit goes down.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 06:48:19 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 11, 2020, 08:29:06 pm »

Al will see if anyone on the train is interesting enough to talk to.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2020, 06:50:37 am »

(Don't remember where resistance should go so I put under skills as its kind of the same kind of thing.)

Keep eating the fire and only stop if I'm nearly dead or I win, also find out what the prize for winning is.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23