Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21605 times)

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2020, 08:21:40 am »

Feel bad about controlling the hippies and let them go

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2020, 09:07:25 pm »

Turn 13
"Yeah? And what's that got to do with me?"
"WELL, IT'S A GOOD SOURCE OF MORTALS THAT YOU CAN MURDER WITHOUT PEOPLE GENERALLY CARING TOO MUCH.

"BUT YOU SEEMS TO NOT BE MOTIVATED BY BLOODLUST FOR SOME REASON, SO I'LL SAY THAT YOU MIGHT BE COMPENSATED BY MONEYED PEOPLE FOR STOPPING THE ROBBERY. OR, AT LEAST, YOU COULD POSSIBLY STEAL SOMETHING AND GET AWAY WITH IT DURING THE CONFUSION."

>Enter the dining car, and look for anything of interest. Also, make sure I have easy access to my briefcase if shit goes down.
You enter the diner car. This compartment would appear to the player to be a 1950s-style diner, though that is simply a coincidence, as it is actually decorated in the style of the Flaming Terrors Region during The Battle Age, which just happened to a very similar aesthetic.

At the bar, diner patrons are enjoying some milkshakes being served up the zombie squid waitress, and a couple of people are gathered around the jukebox, jiving to the latest dance craze, the Twiddlefitch.

There are a couple of booths around, including one that seems to be occupied by a bunch of teens on a double date, one that has a bunch of misfits who only have each other, and one that seems to be occupied by two people who were once lovers, but eventually realized they weren't a right fit for each other, but they still hang out together because, even though they know they don't work as a couple, when it comes down it to it, they're still good friends.

(Prudence V (88)=72% Success!)
You also notice, in one of the booths, there seems to be a couple of shady-looking characters, giving each other sharp glances and furtively looking around.

(Base Luck roll 10%=63% Failure)
You do not, however, see a map in this location.

Currently, behind you is the billiards room, and ahead of you is what looks like a bank.

Al will see if anyone on the train is interesting enough to talk to.
(Base Luck roll 10%=6%-(5d10 Location Bonus=24%)=-18% Critical Success!)
By luck, you happen to avoid getting dragged into a conversation with a professor of dullology (the study of very boring things) and manage to strike up a chat with a lynx person named Vondis Volune, who it turns out is actually an acid sea pirate.

They tell you about how they captain a platinum submarine and waylay glass-hulled merchant ships and do battle with reactional ghosts. Apparently they're currently on their way to the Mountain of Dusk to dig up the remains of a former crewmate, Breema Spellminder, who took the key to an important treasure to her grave.

(Don't remember where resistance should go so I put under skills as its kind of the same kind of thing.)

Keep eating the fire and only stop if I'm nearly dead or I win, also find out what the prize for winning is.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
(Fire Resistance 18%=10%-(2d10 Easiness Bonus=20%)=-10% Critical Success!)
The next challenge is swallowing an entire flaming torch, and you do so with great aplomb, so much so that (d10=5) five of the other contestants simply from sheer intimidation. The remaining six (Fire Resistance 21%>6d100=1 Success) mostly fail to resist the fire, and take (2d6=7) seven fire damage each, (-10 Resist) which isn't enough to hurt them yet.

Then you move on to eating a small cooking fire, which you (Fire Resistance 18%=47%-(d10 Easiness bonus=7%)=40%) don't handle as well, taking (3d6=5) five fire damage, bringing you up to a total of nine fire damage, which (-9 Resist) still isn't enough to affect you. The others (Resistance 21%>6d100=1 Success) most fail again, taking (3d6=10) ten fire damage, to a total of seventeen (I'm gonna say the one who succeeded last time did so again). Their resist (-10 Resist) means they have an effective seven fire damage, so (7 Fire damage>6d100=No Successes) all of the ones who took damage before are each consumed by a great conflagration, knocking them out of the competition by death.

You now have only one competitor, and you're at the point where, if you take more damage, there will start to be a chance you could be taken out. And you ask what the prize is, which is a prismatic spear that allows its user to locate whatever they desire once per day.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Feel bad about controlling the hippies and let them go
You tell the hippies to be free, and think for themselves (hippies Free-Thinking skill 18%=50% Failure), but they don't really know how to do that, so they ask you how you want them to think for themselves.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 09:14:20 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2020, 09:34:18 pm »

I'll talk to Vondis Volune a bit more about reactional ghosts, as my Shaman class grants an advantage on ghost conversations!
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2020, 07:39:35 am »

Continue the contest I've got a good feeling about it and I want that spear.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2020, 08:32:21 pm »

>Check the menu
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2020, 08:34:47 pm »

"Tempting. But isn't rest also valuable to me? As long as I'm on this train, I'll have a comfortable place to stay, food to eat, and other people to protect me. That's not a luxury I'll always have, so I should enjoy it while I can, yes?"
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2020, 10:52:50 pm »

I'll talk to Vondis Volune a bit more about reactional ghosts, as my Shaman class grants an advantage on ghost conversations!
(Outrospection 22%=67%,5% Success!)
You ask Vondis Volune more about reactional ghosts, and you get them to reveal what they know, which is that reactional ghosts are created when a living creature is killed by immersion in acid while also being exposed to the substance known as Viridigen, a somewhat transparent, unreflective sky-blue material that gives off a strong odor of pepper. It's used to line many vessels in the acid sea because it provides some shielding from the onset of madness.

Reactional ghosts often guard the treasures they once transported in life, and making them tricky to plunder. Fortunately, they can generally be killed by ghost-killing weapons or neutralized by sufficient injection of a strong basic solution.

Continue the contest I've got a good feeling about it and I want that spear.
You continue the contest, feeling pretty good about your odds.

The next round is a small campfire. (Fire Resistance 18%=35%+(d10 Difficulty Penalty=10%)=45% Failure) You don't handle it very well, and take (4d6=16) sixteen fire damage, for total of twenty-five fire damage, which is reduced by your resistance to (-9 Resist) an effective sixteen fire damage, which (16 fire damage<d100=91% Success!) doesn't take you out.

Your remaining opponent, a vine centaur, does their try of the campfire (Fire Resistance 21%=18%+(d10 Difficulty Penalty=4%)=22% Failure), which they also don't handle well, taking (4d6=14) fourteen fire damage, the first damage they've taken so far. Their fire resistance (-10 Resist) reduces this to an effective four fire damage (4 Fire damage<d100=75% Success!), which also doesn't taken them out.

The next round is a bonfire. (Fire Resistance 18%=64%+(2d10 Difficulty Penalty=14%)=78% Failure) You again get a bit burnt (5d6=18), taking eighteen fire damage, for a total of forty-three fire damage, which is reduced by your resistance to an effective 34 fire damage (34 Fire Damage<d100=6% Failure), which burns you up. You struggle to remain conscious, as the pain on your insides feels unbearable.

Your opponent (Fire Resistance 21%=10%+(2d10 Difficulty Penalty=4%)=14% Success!) manages to take no damage this round.

This is the last thing you see as you fall unconscious.

>Check the menu
You check the menu:

FOOD
Grilled Bean Sprouts Squid - 40 Crown Gold
Egg Pasta - 13 Royal Coins
Tempura Smoked Pumpkin Chimichanga with Coconut sauce - 32 Seafarer Cash
Spiced Horseradish Chickpea and Zucchini Fish - 13 Sparkles
Stuffed Rhubarb Trout - 49 Republic Credits
Bean Melt - 14 Free World Dollars
Candied Stuffed Smoky Chipotle and Bean Mushroom on Ravioli - 35 Allied Gold
Smoked Corned Beef Brussel Sprout and Lime Kimchi on Potato Wedges - 39 Galactic Dimes

DESSERTS
Bubblegum ice cream with raisins, crushed gingerbread cookies, walnuts, and white chocolate chips - 45 Orcish Doubloons
Bannana ice cream with dried cranberries, white chocolate chips, vanilla cake, and cinnamon candies - 39 Phoenix Copper
Bowl of sugar - 20 Serpent Gold
Sugar on ice - 21 Space Dollars
Banana Split Milkshake - 32 Gnomish Coins
Spicy Carbonated Milk - Constellation Coins
Glass of Cold Sugary Essence - 54 New Dollars
Chocolate-Covered Ants (Living) - 51 Dragon Credits

"Tempting. But isn't rest also valuable to me? As long as I'm on this train, I'll have a comfortable place to stay, food to eat, and other people to protect me. That's not a luxury I'll always have, so I should enjoy it while I can, yes?"
"YOU'RE FREE TO DO AS YOU WISH. I'M SIMPLY GIVING YOU INFORMATION.

"ALSO, THE NEXT TIME YOU CALL ON ME, I MAY NOT RESPOND IMMEDIATELY. I'VE BEEN CONSORTING WITH ANOTHER MORTAL, AND IT SEEMS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO FORM A PACT SOON. SO, IF YOU ASK FOR MY AID AND I DON'T APPEAR RIGHT AWAY, IT'S PROBABLY BECAUSE I'M BUSY HELPING THEM."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2020, 04:53:53 am »

Well shit guess I don't get a free spear, guess I'll wake up in a dumpster with all the other people that failed or died during the contest.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2020, 08:16:29 am »

>Contemplate why every vendor in this world uses one currency per item they sell. It should clearly be simpler to have a few universal currencies instead of having a currency for every sold item.
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2020, 10:10:08 am »

"Who you seeing? Are they cute?"
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2020, 11:10:55 am »

Next, Al and Bartholomew will spend some time exploring some of the cars on this train.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2020, 07:26:26 pm »

Try to scare them away by killing a butterfly

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2020, 09:12:02 pm »

Turn 14
Well shit guess I don't get a free spear, guess I'll wake up in a dumpster with all the other people that failed or died during the contest.
(d3=1, d100=59, d8=8, d20=17)
You wake up in a pile of charred corpses just outside town. A wolf looks at you, slobbering.

>Contemplate why every vendor in this world uses one currency per item they sell. It should clearly be simpler to have a few universal currencies instead of having a currency for every sold item.
(Prudence V (88)=36%-(Common knowledge bonus 2d10=9%)=27% Success!)
You recall that, up until The Era of Rubble, the most commonly used currency was acorns. Then, the economy crashed due to critical over-inflation after many people had planted their acorns and used magic to accelerate the acorn trees' growth, oversaturating the market and causing the currency to be basically worthless.

After this, many shopkeepers became warry of relying on a single currency, and so decided to use as many different currencies as possible, just to be safe.

They probably should have learned the lesson that you shouldn't make your money a f*#%ing seed, but at least they learned some kind of lesson.

It occurs to you that it might be possible to exchange your money for other types of currency in some places, such as a bank, or that you might be able to convince a shopkeeper to accept a non-preferred currency if you're persuasive enough.

"Who you seeing? Are they cute?"
"UH, YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THEM. THEY GO TO A DIFFERENT PLANE OF EXISTENCE. BUT THEY ARE DEFINITELY CUTE AND VERY REAL."

Next, Al and Bartholomew will spend some time exploring some of the cars on this train.
(d2=2 Forest)
Looking at the billiards car, it doesn't really seem like your scene, so you instead opt for the forest, which is much more in tune with your shaman side.

Entering the forest compartment, it really does look like a forest in here, with trees seeming to extend as far back as you can see, their leaves crowding out what you would imagine is the sky, and even a stream running parallel to the path. Ahead you see what looks like a library in the next car, and the sleeping compartment is behind you.

Suddenly, from out the trees  is what appears to be some sort of ape-like creature with hooves on all four legs. (Smarts: Supreme 70%=60% Success!) You know this to be a Pelabura, a type of creature that hunts in mated pairs, often seeking other creatures' bones to make its nest. Where there's one, there's often another.

The pelabura simply stares at you.

Try to scare them away by killing a butterfly
(Base Luck roll 10%=84% Failure)
You try to intimidate them by killing a butterfly, but you realize you have no skills or attributes or abilities that in any way aid you in harming another creature.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 09:57:58 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2020, 11:01:38 pm »

"Hmph. For a demon, you're quite bad at lying. You know that I'm a Thinker, right? I'm not actually that smart, but the techniques taught to me make my mind a formidable force."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2020, 03:52:35 am »

"Oh god a slobber wolf, please don't spit on me."
Point my MP40 at the slobber wolf to deter it from spitting on me while I loot the corpses.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23