Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21606 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #255 on: November 15, 2020, 10:47:55 am »

>Go into the next car.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 15, 2020, 05:53:12 pm »

Knowing that the sleeping quarters were beyond here and that there was no other pathway to get there, it was clear that this particular animal was not a danger to the passengers if it remained unprovoked. Otherwise it would just cause too many legal problems. With that in mind, Al would show the Pelabura that he means no harm and continue exploring the forest car.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 15, 2020, 07:55:45 pm »

"Hmph. For a demon, you're quite bad at lying. You know that I'm a Thinker, right? I'm not actually that smart, but the techniques taught to me make my mind a formidable force."
"AW FUCK.

"I MEAN, I'M NOT LYING. BUT I CAN'T REVEAL ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THEM BECAUSE OF PACTER/PATRON CONFIDENTIALITY."

You can definitely tell they're lying.

"Oh god a slobber wolf, please don't spit on me."
Point my MP40 at the slobber wolf to deter it from spitting on me while I loot the corpses.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
(Bubba Firearm Use 24%+Charisma 13%=Intimidation 37%>d100=45% Failure) vs (Wolf Nerve 23%+Resove 7%=30%>d100=36% Failure)
The wolf isn't especially intimidated by your MP40, but it also isn't too eager to try to eat you now that it realizes you aren't dead.

Anyway, you loot the corpses while keeping the gun pointed at the wolf, even though it sees kind of pointless, but you don't want to lose face in front of this wolf.

(Secret Star Sign roll=Failure)
It seems like what isn't burnt up to uselessness in this pile of corpses is mostly just junk. You find (d10=8) eight items possibly worth salvaging: a pair of broken glasses, a diving suit, a roulette wheel, some fruit bowls, a gold bracelet, purple ladies gloves, a large pistol known as a QC-3N or "Echo" with no ammo, and a couple of small round stones.

>Go into the next car.
You head into the bank compartment. It's fairly impressive-looking, with marble floors and marble pillars lining the walls. To one side is a row of wooden teller booths with the tellers behind bullet and spell-proof glass. The other side of the compartment is mostly taken up by several lengthy queues. They're each for different services, but the longest queue you see seems to be for the money exchangers.

You look into the next room, and it seems to be what looks like a graveyard. Behind you still is the diner car.

Knowing that the sleeping quarters were beyond here and that there was no other pathway to get there, it was clear that this particular animal was not a danger to the passengers if it remained unprovoked. Otherwise it would just cause too many legal problems. With that in mind, Al would show the Pelabura that he means no harm and continue exploring the forest car.
(Al Serenity: Suspicious 13%=6%)
While the sight of an ettin is not naturally a calming and non-threating one to many creatures, you manage to pacify this beast and make it past it without issue.

Leaving the forest, you enter the library, with books and bookshelves lining the walls from floor to ceiling, some ladders in place to reach the top shelves, and several reading nooks scattered here and there. There are a few people reading in here who immediately shush you as soon as you enter.

Ahead of you is what looks like some kind of shrine to a panther god, and behind you is the forest, of course.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 15, 2020, 08:20:35 pm »

Since my action was to explore the forest car, I'll go back and explore the forest car.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 15, 2020, 09:45:23 pm »

Since my action was to explore the forest car, I'll go back and explore the forest car.
Oh, dang, whoops. My bad.

Carefully avoiding the pelabura, you explore around the forest car.

While you don't see any walls past the trees, you also don't see anything past the trees either, as they seem to just get thicker and thicker as you get further into them, almost forming a solid wall of tree.

(Bartholomew Outrospection 22%=33%-(2d10 location bonus=13%)=20% Success!)
Bartholomew manages to find some Kutioseed, a plant which (Al Smarts: Supreme 70%=22%) Al realizes can be extracted to make a magical incense that imprisons anyone who inhales it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 15, 2020, 10:18:15 pm »

Hey, that seems useful! Al and Bartholomew collect some Kutioseed!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 15, 2020, 10:26:51 pm »

"I can definitely tell you're lying. And that's no lie!
But I suppose there's nothing I can do about it, either way. If you wanted to impress me, you should probably take a... different approach."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2020, 10:42:38 pm »

Hey, that seems useful! Al and Bartholomew collect some Kutioseed!
(Al d10=4) (Bartholomew d10=7)
Both Al and Bartholomew collectively gather eleven doses worth of Kutioseed.

"I can definitely tell you're lying. And that's no lie!
But I suppose there's nothing I can do about it, either way. If you wanted to impress me, you should probably take a... different approach."
"OH? WHAT DOES IMPRESS YOU, THEN?"
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2020, 11:10:37 pm »

"I don't suppose there's a way for you to project or use a physical body? Something which would allow us to touch each other?"
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 16, 2020, 12:35:11 am »

"I don't suppose there's a way for you to project or use a physical body? Something which would allow us to touch each other?"
"I BELIEVE THE MOST I CAN MANAGE IS MANIFESTING A FORM THAT IS VISIBLE TO THOSE I CHOOSE. ALSO, I HAVE NO WISH TO TOUCH MORTALS UNLESS IT ALLOWS ME TO MURDER THEM."
Glory to Arstotzka!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 16, 2020, 06:33:29 am »

"Okay slobber wolf I'm gonna take these things and you can have the rest, I don't need to be dragging around burn corpses anyway."
Grab the diving suit, roulette wheel, gold bracelet, and the QC-3N "Echo", then head towards the library so I can learn more of the wagon language, also find out how many bullets the echo can hold.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 16, 2020, 09:26:01 am »

but the longest queue you see seems to be for the money exchangers.

Fairly normal in a world where every currency is used for only a few products each after some idiot made the currency a fucking seed.

>Go through the graveyard and see what's inside, before moving into the next car.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 09:29:32 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 16, 2020, 11:01:20 am »

"Ahh, that's too bad then. Making deals may be one thing, but our relationship can only go so far without the potential for physical intimacy."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 16, 2020, 10:27:29 pm »

"Okay slobber wolf I'm gonna take these things and you can have the rest, I don't need to be dragging around burn corpses anyway."
Grab the diving suit, roulette wheel, gold bracelet, and the QC-3N "Echo", then head towards the library so I can learn more of the wagon language, also find out how many bullets the echo can hold.
(Bubba Firearm Use 24%+Charisma 13%=Intimidation 37%>d100=28% Success!) vs (Wolf Nerve 23%+Resolve 7%=30%>d100=27%% Success!) (Bubba 37%-28%=9% Success margin) vs (Wolf 30%-27%=3%) (Bubba Wins)
You successfully loot the corpses with no issue from the wolf, and you're sufficiently intimidating that it doesn't try to follow you when you leave.

As you head to the library, you try to recall information about the QC-3N "Echo". (Firearm use 24%=20% Success!)
You recall that the QC-3N "Echo" was first developed in the Duchy of the Gray Dutchesses. It was favored by the Dutchesses' assassins for its ability to produce a sound register that seems to originate from elsewhere besides the pistol itself along with its bouncing bullet ammo that let one shoot at targets without a direct line of sight, which together let them take out targets in an obvious way that nonetheless doesn't give away their location. Its magazine holds ten bullets.

Once you get to the library, you spend some time learning about the wagon language. (Non-Downtime Downtime roll 5d2=6)
(Intelligence: High (63%)=12%-(d10 Easy bonus=1%)=11% Success!) You make it through the first book easily enough, though it doesn't have much useful information. (d3=3) Gain +3% Wagon language skill.

(Intelligence: High (63%)=83%+(5d10 Difficulty penalty=21%)=104% Critical Failure) The second book you read is basically impossible to understand, and you misunderstand it so badly that it explodes in your hands (Fire resistance 18%=50%-(3d10 Easiness bonus=14%)=36% Failure), taking (d6=2) two fire damage, though your previous damage was reset from rest, so your fire resistance easily handles it.

(Intelligence: High (63%)=92%+(2d10 Difficulty penalty=16%)=108% Critical Failure) The third book is not as difficult to understand as the previous one, but you again so badly interpret what it says that it also detonates in your hands (Fire resistance 18%=78%-(3d10 Easiness bonus=17%)=61% Failure), and you take a further (d6=5) five fire damage, bringing you to a total of seven fire damage, still not enough to affect you, but getting up there.

(Intelligence: High (63%)=30%-(2d10 Easy bonus=11%)=19% Success!) You have much better luck with the fourth book, and you find it reasonably informative (2d6=7), gaining +7% Wagon language skill.

(Intelligence: High (63%)=80%-(2d10 Easy bonus=16%)=64% Failure) You don't quite understand the fifth book, even though you feel like you could have almost gotten something out of it. You're just glad this one didn't explode on you this time.

(Intelligence: High (63%)=34%+(5d10=26%)=60% Success!) The sixth book is nearly impossible to understand, but somehow you manage to do it, and you learn a pretty good deal. (5d6=15) You gain +15% Wagon language skill.

but the longest queue you see seems to be for the money exchangers.

Fairly normal in a world where every currency is used for only a few products each after some idiot made the currency a fucking seed.

>Go through the graveyard and see what's inside, before moving into the next car.
The floor of this car seems to be made of grass. Tombstones fill most of it, with names like "Jed Buddles" or "Turby Smellver". A creepy-looking half-djinn/half minotaur seems to be digging a fresh grave.

The center of the compartment is dominated by a large mausoleum. (Prudence V (88)=74%+(5d10 Non-skill penalty=23%)=97% Failure) There seems to be some kind of religious iconography adorning it, but you don't recognize it.

The walls of this area seem to be made of moss-covered cobblestones.

You look into the next car, and it looks like some kind of antique shop. Behind you is the bank. From that direction, you suddenly hear the word, "Nobody move! This is a hold up!"

"Ahh, that's too bad then. Making deals may be one thing, but our relationship can only go so far without the potential for physical intimacy."
"FORGIVE ME, BUT THE VERY THOUGHT OF ANY SORT OF 'INTIMACY' WITH A MORTAL MAKES ME NAUSEOUS. YOUR BIOLOGICAL PROCESSES ARE ABHORENT TO ME, WHICH IS PART OF WHY I WISH TO SEE MORTALS KILLED. NO OFFENSE."
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2020, 11:06:52 pm »

"How boring."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23