Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21598 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #300 on: November 22, 2020, 03:40:34 am »

Sell the three crowbars for 18 Interstellar Credits, and buy one Echo mag for 15 Interstellar Credits, then head back to that warehouse I was at earlier and see if that station wagon is still there.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 22, 2020, 09:04:15 pm »

Turn 17
Al responds. "Not necessarily. Rather, what I want is for them to experience a proper retribution for their actions. After all, Rhutysus is a god of revenge and revenge is not merely a synonym for destruction."

Bartholomew adds "That being said, we wouldn't lose sleep if the entire organization were taken down."
"Well, I'm not sure if you know how this whole thing works, but we followers of Rhutysus regularly check his shrines for petitions of revenge, then seek to carry out that revenge in his name.

"But, beyond that, I happen to have a personal vendetta against the Crystal Rose Syndicate myself."

"ONE DOWN, THREE FUCKERS TO GO!"

Rush to the revolver robber, disarm him, and perhaps use his own guns against him.

Also, did the hostage-taking robber actually drop anything worth noting?
(Lord Screech Justice IV (73)=28% Success!) vs (Robber Anti-Disarmament 19%=96% Failure) Revolver 1 taken
(Lord Screech Justice IV (73)=87% Failure) vs (Robber Anti-Disarmament 19%=26% Failure) Revolver 2 not taken

You easily disarm the revolvers-wielding of one of their revolvers, but they still manage to hold onto the other. However, you still have one revolver, so you shoot them ((Lord Screech Firearms 56%=34% Success!) vs (Robber Dodge 26%=94% Failure)) and hit for (2d6 Bullet=7) seven bullet damage, which (Bullet Resistance 10%/-2=-5 Resist) is reduced by their bullet resistance to an effective two bullet damage (2 bullet=77% Still Conscious), which isn't enough to take them out.

Still maintaining control of one of the revolvers, the robber tries to get you back for that, ((Robber Revolvers 23%=23% Success!) vs (Lord Screech Justice IV (73)=99% Failure) hitting your for (2d6 Bullet=6) six bullet damage, which is reduced by your Fortitude IV ((82)/-2=-41 Resist) to an effective no damage.

Then the lyre-wielding robber comes after you, (Robber Musical Instrument 27%=61% Failure) again just making a terrible sound that doesn't accomplish anything.

The one with the robot controller flicks some switches, (Robot Handling 18%=91% Failure) this time accomplishing nothing. The robot remains stationary this turn.

Scanning the first robber you killed for any possessions of note, (Prudence V (88)=29% Success!) you notice they were wielding a submachine gunblade.

Sleep the night at the inn. In the morning follow my plan to figure out where the heck I'm actually supposed to go.
You go to sleep at night at the inn, and enter a further level of dream state.

You're in a hallway, with multiple doors on either side.

On your right side, you see a metal door with no visible knob and some kind of control panel next to it. Next, there's a wooden door with an arched frame with runes around its edges. The last door on this side is a solid stone door carved with scenes of dwarves.

On the left side, there's a modern-looking white-painted wooden door. Next, there's a glowing portal that seems to be surrounded by stone carvings that resemble some sort of demon mouth. The last door on the left looks like some kind of beaded curtain.

The hallway beyond the doors is shrouded in darkness, both in front of and behind you, and behind you you hear the approach of footsteps.

What do you do?

Attempt to astrally project into the mountain of dusk to scout it out
(Spirituality 45%=48% Failure)

You try to astrally project into the Mountain of Dusk, but you can't quite manage to get into the right headspace. Maybe if you had some substance or something to aid you, you might have better luck.

Sell the three crowbars for 18 Interstellar Credits, and buy one Echo mag for 15 Interstellar Credits, then head back to that warehouse I was at earlier and see if that station wagon is still there.

You sell three crowbars for 18 Interstellar Credits (-3 Crowbars) (+18 Interstellar Credits), and buy one QC-3N "Echo" magazine for 15 Interstellar Credits (+1 "Echo" Magazine) (-15 Interstellar Credits, (3 Interstellar Credits in change)).

Then you head back to the warehouse and look to see if that station wagon is still around. (Secret Star Sign Roll=27% Success!) It is!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 22, 2020, 09:08:09 pm »

Play a trick on the owner of the approaching footsteps.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 22, 2020, 09:33:06 pm »

Al and Bartholomew assume that the lizardperson knows what they are doing based on their words, and goes to see what the Goblin in the Trenchcoat in the next car is up to.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 22, 2020, 09:46:46 pm »

>Shoot the revolver robber in the head with the revolver I borrowed from him. Also, pick up the submachine gunblade if possible and slash a robber or two with it.

it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 23, 2020, 05:28:05 am »

Use my newly raised wagon language skill to try to recruit the station wagon, also see how much of the warehouse is still standing since the station wagon was actively destroying it when I was last here, and look around it and see if it has loot has fallen out of it during its destruction.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 23, 2020, 08:03:47 pm »

Play a trick on the owner of the approaching footsteps.
What kind of trick?

You hear the footsteps continue to approach.

Al and Bartholomew assume that the lizardperson knows what they are doing based on their words, and goes to see what the Goblin in the Trenchcoat in the next car is up to.
You walk into the next car.

So an ettin just walked into my office. No asking to come in, no introductions, no howdy-do, no nothing. These guys might share one body, but I could tell they were gonna be two heaping helpings of trouble.

"The name's Blones Mackenry, Private Eye. What can I do for you?" I asked, but, before they could answer, a lizardperson followed in after them.

I've had mixed dealings with lizardpeople. Sure, a lizardperson saved my ass back in the Battle of Emberfrost, but he sold me out to the Crystal Empire shortly after that.

I guess that's just one interaction with a specific person, and I really shouldn't form a worldview on an entire people based on that, but I really did not enjoy being captured by the Crystal Empire. It was not a great experience.

"Excuse me, did you have any leads on the Crystal Rose Syndicate?" the lizardperson asked, the question seeming to be pointed toward the ettin.

>Shoot the revolver robber in the head with the revolver I borrowed from him. Also, pick up the submachine gunblade if possible and slash a robber or two with it.

You shoot the revolver robber with their other revolver ((Lord Screech Firearms 56%=17% Success!) vs (Robber Dodge 26%=2% Success!) (56%-17%=39%) vs (26%-2%=24%) Lord Screech Wins!) for (2d6=5) five bullet damage, for a total of twelve bullet damage, which is reduced by their resistance (-5 Reist) to an effective seven bullet damage (7 bullet=14% Still Conscious), which still isn't enough to take them out.

You then try to pick up the submachine gunblade (Justice IV (73)=76% Failure), but can't quite manage it with all these enemies getting in your way.

The revolver robber then tries to shoot you back (Robber Revolvers 23%=64% Failure), missing you completely.

The lyre robber plays again ((Robber Musical Instrument 27%=11% Success!) vs (Lord Screech Prudence V (88)=79% Success!) (27%-11%=16%) vs (88%-79%=9% Robber Wins!), this time playing an enchanting melody that has you transfixed in place. You currently feel like you can't move you body at all.

"All right, looks like the interloper is taken care of. Have the robot break through that glass," says the revolver robber.

The robot controller robber fiddles with their remote control some more (Robot Handling 18%=85% Failure), but can seem to get it to work. "Ah, I'm trying, but these controls are just really hard to handle."

Use my newly raised wagon language skill to try to recruit the station wagon, also see how much of the warehouse is still standing since the station wagon was actively destroying it when I was last here, and look around it and see if it has loot has fallen out of it during its destruction.

(Wagon language 40%=70% Failure)
Although you've brushed up on your Wagon language, the books didn't really cover much about the station wagon dialect, so you're still having trouble communicating with it.

(Secret Star Sign roll=98% Failure)
Since you've been gone, it looks like the station wagon has done quite the job on this warehouse. There doesn't seem to be a wall still standing.

You look around to see if anything of value is left in the rubble (Perception: Great 76%=46% Success!). You spot some stuff. (d10=9) You see an amulet that seems to be alive, a Bracer of Wind Bolt, a Brew of the Ultimate Witchery of the Hateful Chameleons, a jar of Meteoric Salve, a Forbidden Nomad's Harp, a box of matches, bolt cutters, a portable radio, and a sports trophy.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 23, 2020, 08:09:28 pm »

A deadly one, of course!
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 23, 2020, 08:29:42 pm »

Al and Bartholomew start talking at the same time to two different people. "Well there's something on the Mountain of d-""Well I have one but I wouldn't rec-"

Talking over eachother is a pretty common Ettin problem, so they had a contingency in place. Al and Bartholomew play a game of rock paper scissors against eachother and both pick scissors. Not inclined to go through a potentially large amount of games over this, Al tells Bartholomew to "Go ahead".

Bartholomew then tells the Lizardperson that "We do have one lead, but its not a very good one. So one of those crystal assassin types tried to kill us because we were too close to something or other. They got too overconfident and tried to off us in the exact same way as the last guy so we saw it coming."

Al interjects. "I've already thought to include a Blood Regent from that Assassin with the previous offering, actually."
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 23, 2020, 09:50:02 pm »

>Break out of the trance, grab the submachine gunblade, and cut the lyre's strings with it. Also punch and/or slash the revolver guy in the face

Also, I could use some help with pwning some robbers.
it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 24, 2020, 03:48:59 am »

"Nice, getting all kinds of cool shit."
Grab all of the loot, and closely examine the Amulet that seems to be alive, Bracer of Wind Bolt, Brew of the Ultimate Witchery of the Hateful Chameleons, Jar of Meteoric Salve, and Forbidden Nomad's Harp, then once all that is finished try once more to talk to the station wagon and convince it to join me on my adventures.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 24, 2020, 09:44:02 pm »

A deadly one, of course!
The footsteps get much closer, but you still don't see anyone. However (Perspective: Great 85%=27% Success!), listening to the sounds of them, it seems like someone is very close in front of you, so you form your Liquid Nothing into knives and hurl one in the direction of the footsteps (Knife Fighting 37%=78% Failure), missing them. But you're still pretty sure there's an invisible person right there.

(Invisible Person Punch 18%=37% Failure)
Your suspicions are likely proved correct as you feel something brush past you, likely trying to hit you but being a bit shit at it.

Al and Bartholomew start talking at the same time to two different people. "Well there's something on the Mountain of d-""Well I have one but I wouldn't rec-"

Talking over eachother is a pretty common Ettin problem, so they had a contingency in place. Al and Bartholomew play a game of rock paper scissors against eachother and both pick scissors. Not inclined to go through a potentially large amount of games over this, Al tells Bartholomew to "Go ahead".

Bartholomew then tells the Lizardperson that "We do have one lead, but its not a very good one. So one of those crystal assassin types tried to kill us because we were too close to something or other. They got too overconfident and tried to off us in the exact same way as the last guy so we saw it coming."

Al interjects. "I've already thought to include a Blood Regent from that Assassin with the previous offering, actually."
The ettin started gabbing, but I could hardly make heads or tails of it, on account of the fact that both heads decided to talk at the same time.

Eventually they settled things between them, as I suppose you'd often have to do when you're two dudes living in the same body, and they told the lizard person some yarn about an assassin who tried to "take care of" them because they got too close. Lemme tell ya, been there, done that.

Then the other head said they got some sort of Blood Regent off of the assassin. Not sure what that meant, but it sounded like trouble.

"Well, it's not much," said the lizardperson, "but I suppose I know a blood shaman in Oceanwall who might be able to make something of it. And you're sure there's nothing else you can tell me?"

"Listen, folks," I said, "This is all very interesting, but I prefer to make it my business not to get involved in jobs where I know I'm going to be dealing with deadly assassins. At least, not unless the money's real good. And even then, only when I'm real desperate. Which I am right now, but, I must emphasize, the contingency of the money being real good still stands. So, unless you're prepared to offer me a huge payday, I'm not about to put my neck on the line just on account of some sob story."

>Break out of the trance, grab the submachine gunblade, and cut the lyre's strings with it. Also punch and/or slash the revolver guy in the face

Also, I could use some help with pwning some robbers.
While the robbers think you've been dispatched by the enchanting music, you (Prudence V (88)=15% Success!) easily break out of the trance, and, (Justice IV (73)=47% Success!) grabbing the submachine gunblade ((Justice IV (73)=53% Success!) vs (Robber Musical Instrument 27%=37% Failure) manage to cut the lyre's strings.

Then you (Justice IV (73)=90% Failure) try to slash the revolver guy's face, but you can't get close enough to hit.

The revolver guy then shoots at you (Robber Revolvers 23%=9% Success!) vs (Lord Screech Justice IV (73)=25% Success!) (23%-9%=16%) vs (73%-25%=48%) Lord Screech wins!), but you successfully dodge out of the way.

The lyre-robber, upset that you broke their instrument, starts trying to bash you with it (Robber Musical Instrument 27%=60% Failure) to little success.

The robot handler, meanwhile, keeps trying to break through the glass (Robot Handling 18%=38% Failure), but can't seem to operate the controls properly.

"Nice, getting all kinds of cool shit."
Grab all of the loot, and closely examine the Amulet that seems to be alive, Bracer of Wind Bolt, Brew of the Ultimate Witchery of the Hateful Chameleons, Jar of Meteoric Salve, and Forbidden Nomad's Harp, then once all that is finished try once more to talk to the station wagon and convince it to join me on my adventures.

When you grab the amulet, an eye opens and looks at you.

"Who dares lay hands on Kolmath the Knowledgeable?"
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 24, 2020, 09:58:28 pm »

Poik the invisible person, turning them from invisible to in-alive.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 24, 2020, 10:26:58 pm »

Al considered telling the lizardperson more, but considered maybe he should hold a few things back. For all he knew, the lizardperson might be lying about her intentions. Still though, he supposed he could drop an additional minor hint. He would tell something that is technically true. "I do have something else you could take, but it would probably just be a waste of your time. I sold something that belonged to the assassin at a pawn shop back in Beachhaven. It was a keychain, but with no keys attached. Frankly I think the thing is worthless but you can take the pawn slip for it if you really wanted. We won't be missing the thing."

Bartholomew chipped in. "As it turns out, there's a completely different job we have in mind which has a chance to not have deadly assassins involved, but lets be real I'd estimate maybe a 70% chance that there will be sooner or later. We are looking for something in the Mountains of Dusk you see. I'll tell you straight up though, this one's probably going to get a little kooky by the time we are done."

Al comments. "I don't think that number's based on anything."

Bartholomew comments. "Shut up!"

Neither Al nor Bartholomew were inclined to offer a huge payday for the revenge thing, so this one would be on the Lizardperson if they wanted to follow up on this.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 25, 2020, 05:30:32 am »

"I am Bubba the zebra Wagonmancer and I found you in some rubble that used to be an abandoned building."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23