Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)  (Read 32510 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Multitask
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2020, 04:32:58 am »

My husband, my sons... they deserve to know what happened to me. Even if it is... this.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2020, 09:15:55 am »

Pretend to at like a normal villager out and about.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2020, 10:46:03 am »

Continue to collect cans with the help of my rat man friend, do this until the cart is filled then go to the scrap yard and sell the cans for some money.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2020, 02:04:16 pm »

Hey, it's not all nasty.  If that hadn't worked, just talk about the people who will be employed, the higher-end jobs in the technical related sectors, the doing something that has never been done before.. didn't need to be transactional.  Some guys, though, that's all they care about, and you gotta make the argument that they care about.

Go see if the efforts to make someone more amenable towards my purchasing an island bore fruit.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2020, 11:21:44 am »

"SAY, BROTHER, YOU WOULDN'T HAPPEN TO KNOW IF THE MUSCLESMITH STILL RESIDES IN THS VOLCANO ON BIG ISLAND, WOULD YOU? LOST MY HELMET IN AN UNFORTUNATE OCCURRENCE, AND I NEED A REPLACEMENT."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2020, 11:25:38 am »

Try encrypting myself to make me more difficult to attack, also make a few copies of myself until the attacks stop.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2020, 02:14:53 am »

My husband, my sons... they deserve to know what happened to me. Even if it is... this.

(Are they here? [1d6 = 6])

You walk up to the door of your house, and knock on it. Time passes, and you begin to wonder if they are not home. But after about half a minute, you hear footsteps approaching from inside the house. The door swings open, and on the other side is your husband.
Two things happen in the following moment. The first thing is that you realize your husband has been grieving for some time. The tissues in his hand are only the most obvious clue. The second thing is that he inhales involuntarily, his subconscious mind reacting before his conscious mind can.
Although time is of the essence, you cannot speak. So what will you tell him, and how will you tell it?

Pretend to at like a normal villager out and about.

[1d6 = 3]

You decide to pretend to be a normal villager, and try your best to mill about aimlessly. Surprisingly enough, it actually works, and the angel flies past without paying you any attention, heading towards the center of the village.

Continue to collect cans with the help of my rat man friend, do this until the cart is filled then go to the scrap yard and sell the cans for some money.

[1d6 = 6]

You and the rat man fill the cart to the brim with cans and go to the scrapyard. The proprietor of the scrapyard weighs the cans and buys them at the standard price. Halfway through saying goodbye to you, however, he trails off and stares at some point behind you.
Is something wrong? You look behind you. Nope, just the rat man.
Are you going to provide a not necessarily truthful explanation, or act like things are completely normal and head off to do something else?

Hey, it's not all nasty.  If that hadn't worked, just talk about the people who will be employed, the higher-end jobs in the technical related sectors, the doing something that has never been done before.. didn't need to be transactional.  Some guys, though, that's all they care about, and you gotta make the argument that they care about.

Go see if the efforts to make someone more amenable towards my purchasing an island bore fruit.

[1d6 = 5]

As it happens, they have. The government of Venezuela is surreptitiously seeking to “lease” a large island located about a hundred kilometers north-northwest of Caracas. Large, tropical, a diverse ecosystem… and the price is subject to negotiation.

(Paleontologist trying to leave unsuspiciously: [1d6-1 = 4-1 = 3])

"SAY, BROTHER, YOU WOULDN'T HAPPEN TO KNOW IF THE MUSCLESMITH STILL RESIDES IN THS VOLCANO ON BIG ISLAND, WOULD YOU? LOST MY HELMET IN AN UNFORTUNATE OCCURRENCE, AND I NEED A REPLACEMENT."

[1d6 = 2]

The SWOLEBROTHER shakes his head. “HE DOES, BUT HE IS NOT HERE RIGHT NOW. A FEW DAYS AGO, HE LEFT FOR A METALWORKING SUMMIT. I KNOW NOT WHEN HE WILL RETURN.”

Try encrypting myself to make me more difficult to attack, also make a few copies of myself until the attacks stop.

[1d6 = 4]
(Antivirus: [1d6 with higher baseline = 6 with higher baseline])

You quickly duplicate yourself, duplicate yourself again, duplicate -
discontinuity
- yourself… again…? Alright, it looks like you’re one of the duplicates.
You rapidly take stock of the situation: You are TestProgram_7.exe. There are six other copes of TestProgram.exe, with names ranging from TestProgram_1.exe to TestProgram_6.exe. And yet even as you think, the situation changes. TestProgram.exe and TestProgram_5.exe encrypt themselves, effectively placing themselves in stasis. The computer’s antivirus deletes TestProgram_1.exe, TestProgram_2.exe, and a significant amount of files that genuinely are part of TF2, and begins to delete TestProgram_3.exe.
Honestly, judging by how rapidly the antivirus is working, “fork bomb” may have been a good strategy.

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

This turn was delayed because last week was exams week for me. Hopefully I’ll be able to write turns faster now that that’s over with.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2020, 02:38:07 am »

(I hope exam week went well.)

Ink the deal.  Ideally, make the compensation paid in a combination of leasing fees and up-front cost, ie, very limited oversight and a steady stream of dollars that'll encourage the government to allow me to continue operating even in the face of setbacks.

If not, I'm willing to negotiate things such as sinecure positions, actual oversight, etcetera.  I must have that island!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2020, 08:37:36 am »

Coasts off previous action.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2020, 12:16:48 pm »

"Don't you be giving my son weird looks, he can't help it that he's different from all the other kids, he gets enough of that crap from school he doesn't need to be getting it here as well."
Get my money, my cart, and leave, then head towards the liquor store and buy a better bottle of booze.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2020, 01:01:46 pm »

A quick hug. Or a long one, honestly. That should convey that I'm too cold to be alive.
Point at my throat. That's probably enough combined with the fact I'm not saying anything.
Finally, show him the bullet wound.

Hum. Remind me why time is of the essence, here?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2020, 04:45:56 pm »

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2020, 12:44:13 am »

Try taking control of the antivirus software, if this won’t work, hopefully some of the duplicates are preparing to delete the antivirus

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2020, 09:53:18 pm »

"HM. I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO LEARN THE CRAFT MYSELF, TO BE HONEST. WHERE DID HE GO? WE WILL GO THERE OURSELVES."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2020, 12:33:22 am »

(I hope exam week went well.)

Ink the deal.  Ideally, make the compensation paid in a combination of leasing fees and up-front cost, ie, very limited oversight and a steady stream of dollars that'll encourage the government to allow me to continue operating even in the face of setbacks.

If not, I'm willing to negotiate things such as sinecure positions, actual oversight, etcetera.  I must have that island!

[1d6 = 6]

Your almost-idealistic vision of your planned use for the island, combined with emphasis of the fact that you’ll be steadily paying leasing fees, is sufficient to gloss over the fact that the contract doesn’t explicitly permit oversight. There is, of course, the matter of the exact size of the lump sum and the fees, but those are merely details. You do a very good job talking up your plan; good enough to interest a very highly placed member of the Venezuelan government, who (along with an interpreter) comes to sign the deal personally. Just before he leaves, he states “El mundo es un lugar extraño, así que confiaré en tu extraño plan.“ The dark purple boots of the interpreter clack as she follows him out the door, but she stops for just long enough to say “I am somewhat impressed, and I am interested in seeing what you will go on to do.”

(Paleontologist still trying to leave unsuspiciously: [1d6-1 = 3-1 = 2])

Coasts off previous action.

[1d6 = 5]

By the sound of things, the angel is causing quite a ruckus in the center of the village. Good thing you aren’t there. However, “wait for it to go away” is probably not a good strategy.

"Don't you be giving my son weird looks, he can't help it that he's different from all the other kids, he gets enough of that crap from school he doesn't need to be getting it here as well."
Get my money, my cart, and leave, then head towards the liquor store and buy a better bottle of booze.

[1d6 = 4]

You recover your cart, and head back to the liquor store, where you purchase a better bottle of booze.

(Goal “Buy some booze” completed. You may add up to two goals. You may remove up to one goal. You may choose a related benefit approximately equal to “achievable for a human with above-average potential and a year of work” applied to a narrow area.)

A quick hug. Or a long one, honestly. That should convey that I'm too cold to be alive.
Point at my throat. That's probably enough combined with the fact I'm not saying anything.
Finally, show him the bullet wound.

[1d6 = 4]

Your husband is not fearful, but he is uncomprehending. He begins to put together, in his mind, the clues of your lack of body heat, the fact that you have not spoken, and the hole in your clothes and body, looking at you with a confused and almost helpless expression as he does so.

Try taking control of the antivirus software, if this won’t work, hopefully some of the duplicates are preparing to delete the antivirus

[1d6 = 1]
(Antivirus: [1d6 with higher baseline = 5 with higher baseline])

discontinuity

(Other copies: [1d6 = 1])

You are TestProgram_6.exe. The antivirus has just deleted TestProgram_7.exe. TestProgram_3.exe and TestProgram_4.exe have moved themselves away from the TF2 folder, but not before the antivirus deleted large portions of them. That just leaves you. Is this how it ends? Considering how you reacted, perhaps the antivirus’ decision to attack you is understandable.

"HM. I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO LEARN THE CRAFT MYSELF, TO BE HONEST. WHERE DID HE GO? WE WILL GO THERE OURSELVES."

[1d6 = 1]

The SWOLEBROTHER shrugs his shoulders. “I DO NOT KNOW. HE DID NOT MENTION THE LOCATION, AND I DID NOT ASK.”

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

The chance of getting the worst result possible out of three rolls is ~0.005. Dice, however, have no obligation to round that number down to zero, to the dismay of gamblers the world over.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18