Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)  (Read 32506 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2021, 11:56:14 am »

(Inevitable meaning "The non-combat character gets shot", right?  Tea leaf reading on the list of rolls looks like mass chaos and surprisingly nonlethal bullets.)

Construction points to park infrastructure

Get into hiding.  I can't fight, but I should damn well know the island and the buildings better than the attackers.

Make calls and try to figure out what's going on.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 06:25:53 pm by Devastator »

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2021, 04:56:34 am »

Assuming I can join...
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

craft a bow
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 08:50:47 am by Secretdorf »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2021, 11:16:18 pm »

"We're getting closer to the truth, now we need to figure out what they did here that was so interesting as to get them all kidnapped."
Keep searching through the computers files to try and find out what they discovered that led to all of them being kidnapped.

[1d6 = 5]
[Knowledge: Nothing new, nothing new, nothing new, nothing new, “Russia”, “Double Explosion”: 1d6 = 2 = nothing new]

You’re not a hacker. All you have is one authentication token. And you’re trying to uncover secrets that a lot of people put a lot of work into hiding.
You don’t find any further information about what the scientists discovered.

(Camouflage vs Blue: [1d6 with six steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with three steps higher baseline = 2 with six steps higher baseline vs 4 with three steps higher baseline])
(Blue backup travel: [1d6 = 5])
(Blue vs Camouflage: [1d6 with six steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with six steps higher baseline = 5 with six steps higher baseline vs 2 with six steps higher baseline])

(Stupid dice)

Punch horse again.

Initiative (Bulk, Steve, Hanop): [1d6 vs 1d6+2 vs 1d6+2 = 4 vs 2+2 vs 6+2 = 4 vs 4 vs 8]
Initiative tiebreaker (Bulk, Steve): [1d6 vs 1d6+2 = 6 vs 4+2 = 6 vs 6]
Initiative tiebreaker-tie-breaker (Bulk, Steve): [1d6 vs 1d6+2 = 5 vs 4+2 = 5 vs 6]

Hanop vs Steve: [1d6 with two steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with two steps higher baseline = 3 with two steps higher baseline vs 3 with two steps higher baseline]

Hanop try to make Hanop’s horse trample Steve, but Steve roll out of the way.

Steve vs Hanop: [1d6 with two steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with two steps higher baseline = 3 with two steps higher baseline vs 4 with two steps higher baseline]

Steve throw ninja metal at Hanop, but Steve miss.

Bulk vs Hanop’s horse: [1d6 with higher baseline vs 1d6 with higher baseline = 5 with higher baseline vs 6 with higher baseline]

Bulk punch Hanop’s horse. Still not enough.

(Inevitable meaning "The non-combat character gets shot", right?  Tea leaf reading on the list of rolls looks like mass chaos and surprisingly nonlethal bullets.)

Construction points to park infrastructure

Get into hiding.  I can't fight, but I should damn well know the island and the buildings better than the attackers.

Make calls and try to figure out what's going on.

((Inevitable meaning “well, I suppose this was bound to happen eventually”. And yes, surprisingly nonlethal bullets.))

(Done.)

(Initiative ([secret], [secret], [secret], [secret]): [1d6 vs 1d6 vs 1d6 vs 1d6 = 2 vs 1 vs 3 vs 2])
(Initiative tiebreaker ([secret], [secret]): [1d6 vs 1d6 = 1 vs 3])
([secret] vs [secret]: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 3 vs 6])
([secret] vs [secret]: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 5 vs 6])
([secret] vs [secret]: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 3 vs 3])
([secret] vs [secret]: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 1 vs 4])
(“Secret?” ([secret]): [1d6 = 4])

[Hiding: 1d6 = 3]

You duck into the canteen. It might not be a good place to hide in the medium term, but in the short term it’s better than being out in the open.

[Calls: 1d6 = 4]

You call Zucker. No answer.
You call Mironov. No answer.
You call Ivanov. No answer.
You call Amber.
“Oh! Hello, mister Hammond! You’re probably calling to ask if I’m safe. Which I am. As far as I know. Because I’m at the docks. And not the warehouses. Where the gunshots are. But not a lot of gunshots. But we don’t have a very large security team. It’s mister Lichtrosen and technically me. At least, I think. I don’t know if we have any other security personnel. Maybe mister Zucker or mister Lichtrosen would know. I don’t know what’s happening over there. There aren’t any cameras there. Or anywhere.”

Assuming I can join...
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

craft a bow

((Yes, you can join.))

[3d6b1 = (3, 5, 5)b1 = 5]

You craft a bow. It’s a pretty good bow, if you do say so yourself.

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

A bit of a breather turn, I suppose.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2021, 01:20:46 am »

(Eternity seriously why do my rolls suck so much, I feel like I'm never ever going to be able to go anywhere or do anything as I will always fail. Just sucks, but it's not your fault)

Punch horse yet again.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2021, 02:14:55 am »

(Get a weapon?)

(Also, I think before this all kicked off, the goal for "Produce Viable Dinosaur Genetic Material, Medium-Term Moderate" was completed.)

Points go into Park Infrastructure until further notice.

"Keep safe, Amber, I think there's more than one group out there.  We don't have much security, that's why I hired Mr. Lictrosen.  But we didn't have any products or anything yet.. just buildings and people.  Nothing to steal.  I need to make some more calls, stay hidden and stay safe."

Next up is Mr. Lictrosen and after him time to call the best source of reinforcements I know, which will either be some firm that I was lucky enough to find in the united states, or someone from the Venezuelan authorities, as I'm quite likely to be able to outbribe anyone even if it's them funding it.

..There's also three possibilities I can see for escape, since it seems to be a small group of attackers.  I can hide out on the island for reinforcements, (and dearly enjoying the magic construction point, which might let me build a boat or shelter or something!), or escape via boat or helicopter.  I'll make a decision as to that shortly.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 06:40:53 pm by Devastator »

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2021, 03:14:04 am »

Look for dwarves seeking to join my army

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 29, 2021, 05:21:01 am »

"Damn I'm not getting anywhere with this, maybe I'll try something different."
Go to the room with the animals and see if I can talk to them and see if they know what was going on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2021, 08:53:55 pm »

(Eternity seriously why do my rolls suck so much, I feel like I'm never ever going to be able to go anywhere or do anything as I will always fail. Just sucks, but it's not your fault)

Punch horse yet again.

((I have no idea why. At this point, I’m almost expecting Hanop to defeat Steve, after which a cowboy will show up and defeat Hanop.))

Initiative (Bulk, Steve, Hanop): [1d6 vs 1d6+2 vs 1d6+2 = 4 vs 1+2 vs 4+2 = 4 vs 3 vs 6]

Hanop vs Steve: [1d6 with two steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with two steps higher baseline = 4 with two steps higher baseline vs 1 with two steps higher baseline]

Hanop make Hanop’s horse charge at Steve and Bulk. Steve move out of way, but Hanop’s horse kick Steve.

Steve vs Hanop: [1d6 with two steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with two steps higher baseline = 4 with two steps higher baseline vs 4 with two steps higher baseline]

Steve slowly sit up.

Bulk vs Hanop’s horse: [1d6 with higher baseline vs 1d6 with higher baseline = 4 with higher baseline vs 5 with higher baseline]

Bulk dodge Hanop’s horse.

(Get a weapon?)

(Also, I think before this all kicked off, the goal for "Produce Viable Dinosaur Genetic Material, Medium-Term Moderate" was completed.)

Points go into Park Infrastructure until further notice.

"Keep safe, Amber, I think there's more than one group out there.  We don't have much security, that's why I hired Mr. Lictrosen.  But we didn't have any products or anything yet.. just buildings and people.  Nothing to steal.  I need to make some more calls, stay hidden and stay safe."

Next up is Mr. Lictrosen and after him time to call the best source of reinforcements I know, which will either be some firm that I was lucky enough to find in the united states, or someone from the Venezuelan authorities, as I'm quite likely to be able to outbribe anyone even if it's them funding it.

..There's also three possibilities I can see for escape, since it seems to be a small group of attackers.  I can hide out on the island for reinforcements, (and dearly enjoying the magic construction point, which might let me build a boat or shelter or something!), or escape via boat or helicopter.  I'll make a decision as to that shortly.

(Oh yeah, I guess it was. Goal “Produce Viable Dinosaur Genetic Material” completed. You may add up to two goals. You may remove up to one goal. You may choose a related benefit approximately equal to ”achievable for a normal human with high potential, good luck, and multiple decades of work” applied to a somewhat broad area.)

(Done.)

(Initiative ([secret], Dex, [secret], [secret]): [1d6 vs 1d6 vs 1d6 vs 1d6 = 4 vs 4 vs 5 vs 2])
(Initiative tiebreaker ([secret], Dex]): [1d6 vs 1d6 = 2 vs 5])
([secret] vs Dex: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 1 vs 3])
(Dex vs [secret]: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 2 vs 2])
([secret] vs Dex: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 1 vs 1])
([secret] vs Dex: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 2 vs 5])

[Calling Lichtrosen: 1d6 = 3]

You call Lichtrosen.
“I’M IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIREFIGHT, HAMMOND! I HAVE BEEN SHOT! AND I AM SURVIVING ONLY DUE TO THE INCOMPETENCE OF MY ASSAILANTS! SO DON’T CALL ME BACK EXCEPT TO TELL ME THAT YOU’VE PULLED REINFORCEMENTS OUT OF YOUR BACK POCKET!”
He hangs up on you.

[Calling reinforcements: 1d6 = 5]
((Um.))
[Reinforcements: “Venezuelan police”, “A private security squad”, “Venezuelan heavy police”, “Dex’s Boys”, “Venezuelan army”, “Double Explosion”: 1d6 = 6 = “Double Explosion”]
((Uh.))
[Double explosion: “A Plain And Simple Dream”, “The Red Alert”, “A Couple Of Crazy Things”, “All Over The World”, “We’re Your Guys”, “Triple Explosion”: 1d6 = 3 = “A Couple Of Crazy Things”]
((“A couple of crazy things”? Yeah, no kidding! ))

Lichtrosen’s angry roar rattles you.
Due to that, you don’t pay too much attention to opening the contacts section of your phone app and selecting the Venezuelan authorities.
You press the call button, and the other end picks up within a few seconds.
“Hel-” the recipient of the call begins to say, in English.
Talking over him, you waste no time explaining the situation: Your island is under attack by several gunmen, many of your top personnel are incommunicado, and the only thing standing between the gunmen and whatever their objective might be is a man whose previous occupation was head of security for a fracking site, armed only with a pistol. Well, okay, maybe you waste a little time emphasizing the situation.
You finish your explanation, and only then do you notice the caller ID: Gerald Sussman.
You take a deep breath, and are about to test if it’s possible to defeat the attackers solely by screaming expletives, before “Sussman” responds in a tone of voice entirely unlike the one you heard in the interview.
“Don’t worry, Mr. Hammond, I’m mobilizing a rapid response force as we speak. I’ve seen what your company is doing on that island. Your security is national security. The C. I. A. is on the way.”
What. What? What.
“Although I have one question: How did you know to trust me? I never hinted at my allegiance when I was penetration-testing you, and before that, when your hiring manager was interviewing me, I played the part of an ideal Chief of Operations to the hilt.”

Look for dwarves seeking to join my army

[1d6 = 6]

You search for dwarves who desire to put their weapons to use. And indeed, you find several dwarves willing to fight by your side. However, they are skeptical of the idea that it should be your army.

"Damn I'm not getting anywhere with this, maybe I'll try something different."
Go to the room with the animals and see if I can talk to them and see if they know what was going on.

[1d6 = 3]

You can.. sort of talk to the animals. But, well, they’re animals. Not really capable of holding a conversation, or of talking about or even remembering abstract things like “those experiments two years ago”.

(Camouflage requesting backup: [1d6 = 3])
(Blue vs Camouflage: [1d6 with six steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with five steps higher baseline = 1 with six steps higher baseline vs 3 with five steps higher baseline])

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

Devastator: There have been many mysterious things, but there has only been one mystery. It is solvable. Solve it, in detail.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 01, 2021, 12:04:07 am »

(Nope.  No idea what you mean by that.  Maybe something for the next character, Hammond just wants to play with dinosaurs, not solve the mysteries of the world.)

(Also, you might have an infestation of drama dice as well.)

"We'll talk if we're both alive in a few days and my island isn't a smoking hole in the ground.  Just let me know who is coming in so I can tell my staff who to trust.  Do you need any intel on the location?"

Follow sussman's lead.  Text Lichtrosen as appropriate with the intel.  (if Lichtrosen survives, reinforcements out of back pocket should impress him, at least.)

Personally, just try to improve my hiding place, including picking up a bottle of water or something in case I need to spend a day in a tree or something.

Bonus to change the +1 to dinosaur genetic research to a more broader one that'll cover making complete genomes from fragments and all genetic modification involving dinosaurs, in case I end up with like birds or something.  Maybe even some mad science potential if necessary.

Only new goal is "Survive this attack with the theme-park goal remaining viable, (Short-Term, ?)"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 12:06:21 am by Devastator »

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2021, 03:21:21 am »

"We can call it armoks army then."
"Who should be then?" Challenge any challenger to archery duel.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2021, 04:37:11 am »

"Darn they don't remember."
Use my powers to take one of the animals in to an animal man version of it, then see if talking to it gets different results.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2021, 11:51:33 pm »

Grab a bo staff from the ground (assuming we're in/near a dojo or Steve has some lying around) and attack Hanop with the weapon.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2021, 12:03:15 am »

If I can still join

Spoiler: Char Sheet (click to show/hide)

+1 GP

Grow! The Plan'tt must Grow! (-1 GP)

Not sure about the growth thing just yet honestly but shrug it's probably fine
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 12:05:44 am by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2021, 03:03:37 am »

If I can still join

Spoiler: Char Sheet (click to show/hide)

+1 GP

Grow! The Plan'tt must Grow! (-1 GP)

Not sure about the growth thing just yet honestly but shrug it's probably fine

You can join, but the growth mechanic is much too powerful. It's an exponential size growth ability and an evolution ability. Even one of those would be too powerful.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2021, 03:41:52 am »

A couple players have ended up stuck in bad positions because they were immobile.. one character was a computer program, and one character was in a fish tank.

If you're going to start as a plant, I'd recommend beginning as a flight-capable seed, inexplicably capable of directing your path to a landing, and maybe taking another ability that allows you to interact with the world around you as you slowly develop into a plant.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18