Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 63737 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Hunt Phase 1 is in progress
« Reply #420 on: November 28, 2020, 02:06:56 pm »

How many of these fusion power cells are there? I was wondering if it would be doable to steal from the robo merchant but Meph said it would take at least a power bomb to get through and maybe even then it wouldn't work.

Maybe if we grabbed these bigger power bombs we could blow a hole in the station blast open the robot merchant and take all the power bombs and anti tech fields and shields and replicators we wanted.
Hmm... Well, if we could get INTO the reactor, it'd be a different story. The Power Stations is really just a control point. It's really just the one, I think. I'm not entirely sure how many are on the ship, but my guess is that you'd have a primary power source and maybe an auxiliary power station somewhere else on the ship. If we can get into the mines, there might be something in there that's worth something, but that involves finding a spacesuit... So far, nothing else seems to have anything worth anything, but I've been dismantling things as we go, just in case.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 28, 2020, 05:14:44 pm »

You guys could try helping each other dismantle a maintenance droid. Together!

Well apparently webadict did dismantle a droid and used it to wire up a nuke to his chest so that he could kill us all. Forgive me if I'm not feeling all friendly about that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 28, 2020, 05:56:05 pm »

You guys could try helping each other dismantle a maintenance droid. Together!

Well apparently webadict did dismantle a droid and used it to wire up a nuke to his chest so that he could kill us all. Forgive me if I'm not feeling all friendly about that.
No no no. I wired a nuke to my chest so that you don't kill me. There's a difference. I'm not the one trying to be hostile here.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 28, 2020, 06:09:15 pm »

well, try not to blow yourself up. any ideas how we are going to get the 500KR for the hacking tool?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 28, 2020, 06:45:40 pm »

Why are we fighting? We don't need to be fighting.
True. I think we have a fair amount of inactivity from some players recently...

More on some observations:

I noticed that Meph gave me a bounty on Webadict (who I was voting) and 4maskwolf was given a bounty on me (4mask was voting me). This is either a weird coincidence or Meph is trolling a bit as a bastard mod.

Vote Count First Day:
The Monitor
Luckyowl: heydude6, Jim Groovester
Toonyman: 4maskwolf
webadict: Toonyman
No Lynch: juicebox, Luckyowl, Shakerag, webadict

Bounty Claims:
Webadict claims a bounty on Caz.
ToonyMan claims a bounty on Webadict.
Jim Groovester claims a bounty on Juicebox.
Shakerag claims a bounty on Luckyowl.
Luckyowl claims a bounty on Shakerag.
Caz claims a bounty on 4maskwolf.
4maskwolf claims a bounty on ToonyMan
IcyTea31 claims a bounty on Jim Groovester
Implied:
Juicebox has a bounty on heydude6
heydude6 has a bounty on IcyTea31

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 28, 2020, 07:17:54 pm »

Probably a coincidence. Sounds like typical birthday paradox to me.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #427 on: November 28, 2020, 10:30:54 pm »

One detail that has been nagging me is that second stun bomb. Caz stunned all of us then it stunned Caz when they were on there way to kill Rosebot. Could've been Rosebot who set off the second stun bomb, but I feel like there might be more to it. But that's really all I got to say on the matter. I'm all for bombing the robo merchant...buuut...I'll be in the other room I don't want to be around when the robo activates it's defense turrets tbh. But I'll be cheering you guys on!...in the other room that is.  :D

Also why don't we loot Tric for any tech he had on him. And if we're gonna try to collect 500KOR with the small change we got. I would prefer to give it to someone else other than Jim. But if he can show us the receipt of the purchase I'll be fine handing my 25 KOR to him.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #428 on: November 28, 2020, 10:40:53 pm »

MEPH: I'll loot Tric's corpse for any tech on him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 28, 2020, 11:24:19 pm »

There is literally nothing stopping you from calling up Gazot's Ship Repair on your own to confirm that a ship is on the way. Why, you can probably even confirm the price I paid. (It was 450 KOR, not 500)

Per Meph they'll show up at the start of the next Truce Phase so one way or the other you'll see that I'm not BSing you.

well, try not to blow yourself up. any ideas how we are going to get the 500KR for the hacking tool?

People need to quit being stingy with all their items. And it's not just webadict and ToonyMan being stubborn about their large items, there's quite a few people around here who are suspiciously silent when it comes to selling their loot to make some pocket change.

What I'm worried about is that the rules might change (again) at the end of this phase and the shop might not be available anymore, which would cut off our only currently viable way of getting Replicators to make the items we need to get out of here.

Bounty Claims:
Webadict claims a bounty on Caz.
ToonyMan claims a bounty on Webadict.
Jim Groovester claims a bounty on Juicebox.
Shakerag claims a bounty on Luckyowl.
Luckyowl claims a bounty on Shakerag.
Caz claims a bounty on 4maskwolf.
4maskwolf claims a bounty on ToonyMan
IcyTea31 claims a bounty on Jim Groovester
Implied:
Juicebox has a bounty on heydude6
heydude6 has a bounty on IcyTea31

Hm, so there's three bounty groups.

Shakerag -> Luckyowl -> Shakerag
webadict -> Caz -> 4maskwolf -> ToonyMan -> webadict
Jim Groovester -> juicebox -> heydude6 -> IcyTea31 -> Jim Groovester

Wonder if that's significant at all or just noise.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 28, 2020, 11:40:36 pm »

People need to quit being stingy with all their items. And it's not just webadict and ToonyMan being stubborn about their large items, there's quite a few people around here who are suspiciously silent when it comes to selling their loot to make some pocket change.

I'm broke Jim. I used my large tech on the Day 1 assassin bot and bought an item right at the start of Day 2 before we came up with our plan. I really don't have anything I can give you.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 28, 2020, 11:43:26 pm »

Shakerag -> Luckyowl -> Shakerag
webadict -> Caz -> 4maskwolf -> ToonyMan -> webadict
Jim Groovester -> juicebox -> heydude6 -> IcyTea31 -> Jim Groovester

Wonder if that's significant at all or just noise.

It means a single plasmabomb chain can't wipe us all out. Unless people act really stupid.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 29, 2020, 12:02:22 am »

Nice catch on the chains. The Shakerag/Luckyowl one is obvious but I didn't notice the longer ones.

What I'm worried about is that the rules might change (again) at the end of this phase and the shop might not be available anymore, which would cut off our only currently viable way of getting Replicators to make the items we need to get out of here.
What about players who got Replicators on Day 1? Even if they've already used them they should check if they can do anything with the used Replicator like stuffing small and medium tech into it or something.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 29, 2020, 12:09:49 am »

I'm broke Jim.

If every player in the game donated as little as 50 KOR right now, we'd reach our donation goals in thirty seconds.

What about players who got Replicators on Day 1? Even if they've already used them they should check if they can do anything with the used Replicator like stuffing small and medium tech into it or something.

Did anybody get Replicators on Day 1?

Maybe we can get them up and running again with a power source we can scavenge from the station or something like that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 29, 2020, 01:02:26 am »

I'm broke Jim.

If every player in the game donated as little as 50 KOR right now, we'd reach our donation goals in thirty seconds.

Hey, I at least explained myself. Can't say that for everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 62