Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 63755 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Truce Phase 4 was shot in the back
« Reply #720 on: December 11, 2020, 11:40:21 pm »

I don't like the lack of activity here. We finally have our blindspot, yet we aren't discussing anything. I blame it on the fact that we didn't plan out our base assault and just dawdled around.

Time to get serious though.

ToonyMan could you help me out with a space suit?
Okay, I'll see if I can give you a suit during the hunt phase. Make sure you're expecting me tonight.

Luckyowl how did the space suit exchange go? Surely you must have noticed something was off?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 11, 2020, 11:48:16 pm »

Spoiler: The plan (click to show/hide)

Jim Groovester. How many parts of the plan were you able to complete? Use PM if you don't want Toony's murderer to know the answer.

Does the phrase 'rocket skates' mean nothing to you guys?!

Caz how were the rocket skates? Surely you took them out for a joyride last night?

Shakerag can I have some of my money back so I can actually be able to do something again? If someone is playing to end cooperation, you might be next.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 12, 2020, 12:04:09 am »

I want somebody to own up to killing ToonyMan and why.

There's not much real time or in game time to do stuff other than pull the trigger on the hangar assault or not, and given the option I want to go with the assault.

But, I want somebody to own up to killing ToonyMan and why first.

Oh and I expect dead chat to participate in the hangar assault now that angry ghosts affecting the physical world is possible.

Jim Groovester. How many parts of the plan were you able to complete? Use PM if you don't want Toony's murderer to know the answer.

Everything up to suiting up and heading out to the hangar. We are ready to go.

Shakerag can I have some of my money back so I can actually be able to do something again? If someone is playing to end cooperation, you might be next.

The shop is closed this phase.

What were you looking to buy? If I have a spare of it I will give it to you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 12, 2020, 12:08:30 am »

I thought a mind control beam could be useful. Maybe even two. They patrol in pairs so I thought luring a patrol away would allow us to get ahold of some uniforms so we could better sneak inside.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 12, 2020, 12:33:20 am »

I thought a mind control beam could be useful. Maybe even two. They patrol in pairs so I thought luring a patrol away would allow us to get ahold of some uniforms so we could better sneak inside.

I have one. It's headed your way.

I don't expect there will be a lot of sneaking around once the assault starts but it will probably be helpful regardless.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #725 on: December 12, 2020, 12:56:41 am »

Heydude6: No, I was waiting for him at the mining op. But he never came. So, I don't have a suit with me.

Jim Groovester: Can you spot me a suit? And I feel like it was sort of my fault for telling everyone what the dead were saying about ToonyMan's paranoia. Most likely, Caz or Shakerag killed ToonyMan to make sure he wasn't some agent. Of course this is just me praying that this was just "innocent" accident. Or that maintenance droids were to blame for his death. If it wasn't these two or the MD. Then It must be either Jim or Heydude6. But there's no real evidence against them.

Maybe for Heydude6, that transition of 1000KOR to Shakerag was just a ruse to put the blame on Shakerag. How did he got pass the shield? Most likely he looted a corpse that had the ability to surpass a shield. It's crazy theory, but not impossible.

For you...I don't know maybe when I was busy gathering up all the MD you might've killed ToonyMan...but that could also be said against me. So it's pretty dumb.

So

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 12, 2020, 12:58:22 am »

Heydude6: No, I was waiting for him at the mining op. But he never came. So, I don't have a suit with me.

Jim Groovester: Can you spot me a suit? And I feel like it was sort of my fault for telling everyone what the dead were saying about ToonyMan's paranoia. Most likely, Caz or Shakerag killed ToonyMan to make sure he wasn't some agent. Of course this is just me praying that this was just "innocent" accident. Or that maintenance droids were to blame for his death. If it wasn't these two or the MD. Then It must be either you or Heydude6. But there's no real evidence against them.

Maybe for Heydude6, that transition of 1000KOR to Shakerag was just a ruse to put the blame on Shakerag. How did he got pass the shield? Most likely he looted a corpse that had the ability to surpass a shield. It's crazy theory, but not impossible.

For you...I don't know maybe when I was busy gathering up all the MD you might've killed ToonyMan...but that could also be said against me. So it's pretty dumb.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 12, 2020, 01:16:02 am »

Jim Groovester: Can you spot me a suit?

Yes.

How did he got pass the shield?

Most likely with Advanced Targeting System, a large tech item, and certainly an attractive one if the goal is to kill Exterminators.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 12, 2020, 02:05:12 am »

Who do you think I could have possibly looted to get an advanced targeting system? Jim was constantly sniffing the corpses to pick up whatever swag they dropped, so the only bodies I would have a chance of getting stuff from would be the ones I personally killed myself. That would be Trick and IceyTea, but Tric got intel and Iceytea most certainly had it too. Unless he sold his large tech to give the money to Jim, but either way, the only item he owned by the time I killed him was a personal shield.

Shakerag himself can vouch for my bank transaction, and if he denies it, then we have our main murder suspect. If he was innocent, then why didn't he deny it earlier during the previous Truce phase? I boldly announced that I was going to give my money away to him and if I didn't keep my promise then why didn't he take me to court over it? Surely he would have gotten pissed off by my requests for money if I never lent any to him.
Spoiler: previous Truce phase (click to show/hide)

It's crazy theory, but not impossible.

I'm amazed that you go for the crack theory's and don't interrogate the more obvious suspects of Shakerag and Caz

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 12, 2020, 06:59:31 am »

Caz how were the rocket skates? Surely you took them out for a joyride last night?

They're Rocket™-brand Roller Skates. So far I've managed to collide with a wall. They are fun.

Yeah so I shot Toonyman. He had a bounty on me and literally said he was going to stun me as his action, which would be a good time to take me out, so... I'll just sit over here and wait until someone plasma bombs me or whatever :P

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 12, 2020, 07:55:15 am »

Who do you think I could have possibly looted to get an advanced targeting system? Jim was constantly sniffing the corpses to pick up whatever swag they dropped, so the only bodies I would have a chance of getting stuff from would be the ones I personally killed myself. That would be Trick and IceyTea, but Tric got intel and Iceytea most certainly had it too. Unless he sold his large tech to give the money to Jim, but either way, the only item he owned by the time I killed him was a personal shield.

Shakerag himself can vouch for my bank transaction, and if he denies it, then we have our main murder suspect. If he was innocent, then why didn't he deny it earlier during the previous Truce phase? I boldly announced that I was going to give my money away to him and if I didn't keep my promise then why didn't he take me to court over it? Surely he would have gotten pissed off by my requests for money if I never lent any to him.
Spoiler: previous Truce phase (click to show/hide)

It's crazy theory, but not impossible.

I'm amazed that you go for the crack theory's and don't interrogate the more obvious suspects of Shakerag and Caz

Well, I honestly felt no need to interrogate them really. Caz and Shakerag both had a track record of just saying who they killed or tried to kill.

So far, Caz and Shakerag acted impulsively. Shakerag tried to kill ToonyMan because Shakerag felt ToonyMan was against us. Caz killed ToonyMan because Caz thought ToonyMan was going to kill them.(when like all had to do was just say "yeah I have shield on me.." And ToonyMan's paranoia would've fade away :/ )

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 12, 2020, 08:01:23 am »

They're Rocket™-brand Roller Skates. So far I've managed to collide with a wall. They are fun.

Yeah so I shot Toonyman. He had a bounty on me and literally said he was going to stun me as his action, which would be a good time to take me out, so... I'll just sit over here and wait until someone plasma bombs me or whatever :P

I mean,  you still have some usefulness. You can act as our frontliner and rocket skate around the hanger going pew pew at the enemy. But honestly...why would you think we would kill you? This late in the game? It would set us back. Just say you're sorry and We'll- well, I, I'll forgive you. Not sure about the others.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 12, 2020, 11:36:19 am »

What made you think ToonyMan was going to kill anybody when he had more suspicion and better opportunity in the prior phase? He accused me of being a converter and even then didn't try to kill me.

If you want to sit in a corner and do nothing I can lock you in your room and guarantee that.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 12, 2020, 12:15:14 pm »

What made you think ToonyMan was going to kill anybody when he had more suspicion and better opportunity in the prior phase? He accused me of being a converter and even then didn't try to kill me.

If you want to sit in a corner and do nothing I can lock you in your room and guarantee that.

Well, we could just lock them up. Ooor? We can just use them as bait? 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 12, 2020, 12:32:29 pm »

I gave all my money to Jim to hold on to.   He'll have to give you a loan.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62