Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 63758 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!
« Reply #825 on: December 19, 2020, 07:05:05 pm »

Oh, yeah, heydude6, that bounty hunter you wanted to hire was so expensive because they were guaranteed to succeed. They might have had to fight off some enemy ships or something, but if you guys had actually paid them you would have for sure gotten out on the next phase.

They were also just about exactly as much money as you all had pooled together at the point that I sent that PM. (I think you had like, an extra 50 KOR beyond the asking price).

There were a few moments in this game where if everyone had actually, fully, trusted everyone else you could have gotten an easy win. But, of course, how can you trust a bunch of hired killers who have bounties on each other's heads?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 19, 2020, 07:32:42 pm »

Still kind of cruel since most people bought tech right at the beginning of the day. It’s not like there was any way I could control that!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 19, 2020, 07:43:31 pm »

Tbh I'm just surprised it didn't end in a last man standing kinda thing. Once webadict declared war it seemed like a bit of a foregone conclusion right up until the company send soldiers to attack.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 19, 2020, 08:12:57 pm »

Honestly, Toonyman saved us by shutting down the comms. By killing the original win condition and getting an army sent after us, we were forced to work together at all costs. A part of me really wanted to say fuck it after we lost yet another player to someone’s uncontrolled bloodlust.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 19, 2020, 08:18:50 pm »

Tbh I'm just surprised it didn't end in a last man standing kinda thing. Once webadict declared war it seemed like a bit of a foregone conclusion right up until the company send soldiers to attack.
??? Did... did you not read what I wrote? I literally said the opposite of that. I said no one kill anyone, or I blow up the ship.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 19, 2020, 08:19:02 pm »

Honestly, Toonyman saved us by shutting down the comms. By killing the original win condition and getting an army sent after us, we were forced to work together at all costs. A part of me really wanted to say fuck it after we lost yet another player to someone’s uncontrolled bloodlust.

You were the one killing everyone :p

I was furious with you for killing two people and then having the audacity to tell everyone to stop killing each other on D2! :D
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 19, 2020, 08:28:51 pm »

That’s why I gave my money away to a trusted party as a gesture of good faith. I also did a lot in PMs in order to reestablish trust. Which I hope to share sometime tomorrow.

I’m spite of my violence, I think I was one of the biggest reasons why were able to keep it together at the end of that day. Although even with my efforts, the only reason why we didn’t have a bloodbath was because Toonyman got caught buying the stun bomb and finally confessed. And his Anti-tech

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 19, 2020, 08:48:09 pm »

By the way, I mentioned a game-breaker at one point. I'll save its details for if someone ever actually runs something like the battle royale that this game was first presented as, but I'll mention that the fact that mind control has priority over roleblocking is the key to stopping it in its tracks (at least in this setup). A player mind-controlled to self-target is not only effectively roleblocked, but also can't perform normal targeted roleblocks themself. (Except via mind control of their own, but they won't have that in the case that's being counterplayed).
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 19, 2020, 08:50:37 pm »

Still kind of cruel since most people bought tech right at the beginning of the day. It’s not like there was any way I could control that!

Sure, but if people sold some high end stuff you'd still have had enough. And I wasn't going to make it easy on you! ;)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Day 1 Sounds the Alarm
« Reply #834 on: December 19, 2020, 08:54:49 pm »

With my best guess, I know you, Icytea31, 4maskwolf, and me all chose Intel.
Luckyowl, how'd you guess that I had intel? At that point in the game I'd been doing my best to actively conceal it.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 19, 2020, 08:57:08 pm »

By the way, I mentioned a game-breaker at one point. I'll save its details for if someone ever actually runs something like the battle royale that this game was first presented as, but I'll mention that the fact that mind control has priority over roleblocking is the key to stopping it in its tracks (at least in this setup). A player mind-controlled to self-target is not only effectively roleblocked, but also can't perform normal targeted roleblocks themself. (Except via mind control of their own, but they won't have that in the case that's being counterplayed).

I feel like the details should be known so the next person who wants to run it can fix it before they start their version of the game. It would suck if players discovered it in-game after it was too late to change.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 08:58:41 pm by heydude6 »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 19, 2020, 09:16:40 pm »

To be fair, I only noticed it myself well after the point where I should have started it if I wanted to use it, since it required information I didn't start the game with; one would need to be very prescient or full of dumb luck to actually do the seemingly inoptimal moves required to use it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 09:18:32 pm by IcyTea31 »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 19, 2020, 11:21:20 pm »

All of my PMs:

Spoiler: Stuff just with Meph (click to show/hide)
And that's it. I never got to do a Merge or explore the mines as a ghost.

Spoiler: Working with Caz (click to show/hide)
I was playing the game fully until the end of Truce Phase 2. This is why I wasn't claiming the Webadict kill and trying to throw suspicion on Jim with Juicebox's death. Heydude's admittance of his crimes shook me, but I still planned on lying about my bounty to make it seem like I wasn't a threat and had no KOR. But then Meph revealed my Stun Bomb purchase by accident so I said fuck it and went legit. Sole survivor victory seemed impossible anyway.

Spoiler: Working with Jim (click to show/hide)
For "I'm willing to believe you. If you need help with something let me know." I was subtly hinting I'd be cool with taking out Caz and Heydude together, but it never came to fruition. Cooperating seemed like the much better option to increase my success rate.

Probably missed some but whatever.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 20, 2020, 01:14:50 am »

@Jim:
On your way you get a pair of messages on your communicator:
Bounty Kill confirmed on juicebox
1220 KOR has been transferred to your Account. Your balance is now 1320 KOR.
Wait, Jim you got paid 1220 KOR for Juicebox? What is this shit? Everyone else got 1000 KOR.

@Heydude:
Maybe.

I’m spite of my violence, I think I was one of the biggest reasons why were able to keep it together at the end of that day. Although even with my efforts, the only reason why we didn’t have a bloodbath was because Toonyman got caught buying the stun bomb and finally confessed. And his Anti-tech
My anti-tech field what?

@Roseheart:
For the final panel I will be accepting ALL SUGGESTIONS, this could get really weird! Spend your KOR(see totals, above) to influence how much impact your suggestion will have. Players may also merge their funds under the same suggestion. Otherwise, 1 suggestion per person.
My 500 KOR goes to the Exterminator having their Mind Shield on and an angry ghost yelling at them in the background.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 20, 2020, 01:22:17 am »

My anti-tech field what?

In spite of my pacifist pleas on day 3, people still tried to kill you. You only survived that night cause you had anti-tech. If someone had succeeded, we'd likely have all turned against eachother. You saw what we did to LuckyOwl once you finally did croak.

EDIT: And Caz would have been murdered too if I hadn't talked Jim out of it. It was the right call considering the role he played in the final few fights. We barely made it as is, imagine what would have happened if we were one man down!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 01:27:32 am by heydude6 »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 62