Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 125912 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #420 on: February 04, 2021, 07:34:12 am »

Yeah, if you have new beast blood but storage temperature dropped, that usually means you got a soul pearl* in the process, which happens occasionally. I'd check to make sure, heh. They're super useful for making (gigantic) fridge rooms.

*it is consistently and tremendously difficult to avoid calling those yin pearls, incidentally
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 04, 2021, 07:50:46 am »

I'm on the cusp of getting my first GC. Right now, without any other preparations, it's giving me an estimate of a Q7 or 8. Hopefully, I can get that up(down?) to Q4 or even Q3. I have some ganoderma stocked, but not enough as winter has come and it's getting very hard to grow lingzhi.

I also have a bunny girl with 20 days before her tribulation, so I'm going to need to double my efforts on gathering GC-boosting items. Right now I have her repeatedly gathering meat from Nanping, both to delay the tribulation and because I did not realize just how fast food gets used in winter.

I also discovered 10 bottles of beast blood in my food/medicine storage. Oddly, this has caused the temperature in the fridge to drop to -110° rather than increase. I also have no idea where it came from, it certainly wasn't the (now GC with 19k of 12k qi somehow) demon bull that my map started with. It woke up, but it's far enough away to ignore. I am digging a lot(my agency in South Mt. has flood requiring 1000 brownstone), so maybe it was dug up.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out the beast blood: I killed a fei a short while ago.

Calling it now. Bunny girl is dead.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 04, 2021, 09:04:39 am »

Oh. Yeah, almost certainly dead as a doornail. 20 days left and not even a GC available to train them up? Dey gonna' have a bad time :-\

Just, uh. Make sure to either kick them out, send them on an indefinite adventure/camping trip, or put their training cushion way the hell away from anything else prior to tribulation day, haha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 04, 2021, 10:52:44 am »

Have your bunny girl stand next to your map's demon during the tribulation.  Then when she transforms into a demon, she'll have a playmate!*

*Pretty sure your bunny girl would die from the demon if you actually did that, but at least you'd have one less demon on your map trying to eat everyone.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 04, 2021, 11:12:19 am »

Well, maybe you can at least get some high quality hide from the bunny girl.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 04, 2021, 02:55:23 pm »

20 days is plenty of time to prepare a pre-GC YaoGuai, with the proper setup. Doesn't sound like you have that, so it's all about how effectively you can keep delaying that tribulation. Also, I hope bunny has good law matching, since that's the one thing you cannot boost without a lot of late-game setup.

A simple cultivation room with magic altar and element-feeding items should be enough to push compatible cultivators through each breakthrough phase in under a day, up to Primordial Spirit, which should give a healthy qi pool even if the core is not ideal. After that you need a good weapon to fight the tribulation, which is either a matter of luck on your adventures or else recruiting a good magic crafter and making your own. Then a few good fighting talents, which if you can't get from your own law then you may need another cultivator to learn and transcribe them. And lastly you may need a good agency to feed your bunny inspiration so she can learn all those talents. If it's still close after all that, just make bunny swallow some pills to give her that last push.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 04, 2021, 03:44:45 pm »

Yeah, if you follow some min-max guides and look up the locations of all the good stuff, you can save the bunny girl, but I don't find a character worth spoiling all that discovery. That's the fun part.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 04, 2021, 04:01:14 pm »

Yeah, well, bunny girl is getting close to her GC breakthrough herself. She does have good law matching. She did arrive with a 45-day timer. I'm a bit worried she won't be able to grind enough inspiration to boost her Protection skill. From what I've read, that's the second most important thing for fighting a tribulation, after qi. I do intend to put her on a long-term camping trip, since repeated adventures still have her come home for an hour or so. I have read that there are location you can camp at to cultivate, but I'm guessing those are all gated behind diplomacy with other sects?

And yes, I did get a soul pearl from that fei. I put it on a pedestal in the middle of a lake; a few frogs and rabbits in the surrounding area froze to death within minutes.

And I screwed up that flood event at my agency. It turns out you need to set the policy to Disaster Relief for which the upkeep goes to clearing the event, which wasn't immediately apparent. Also, it was a 20-day event, but even with toggling Watch Closely(which doubles upkeep), it'd still take 25 days to spend 1000 brownstone. I guess you'd have to attach disciples to the agency, but that's a permanent loss of outers to do that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 04, 2021, 04:35:56 pm »

And I screwed up that flood event at my agency. It turns out you need to set the policy to Disaster Relief for which the upkeep goes to clearing the event, which wasn't immediately apparent. Also, it was a 20-day event, but even with toggling Watch Closely(which doubles upkeep), it'd still take 25 days to spend 1000 brownstone. I guess you'd have to attach disciples to the agency, but that's a permanent loss of outers to do that.

Also dispatch an Inner to check it out; you can get a few hundred progress from that, depending on their attributes. Only Mt. South tends to have this problem though, as a disaster anywhere else is supposed to have other sects helping out, with the rewards being split between them, but I've seen them do next to nothing a few times. Allegedly, making progress on it and failing results in a smaller penalty than a massive failure though, so doing what you can is still useful.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 04, 2021, 05:06:21 pm »

Regarding disasters, counterintuitively you cannot actually send them any resources from your stockpile, so there's no point mining stones at home or whatever they are needing.

Disaster progress is made in three ways.

-Adventure.
This can only be done ONCE, and the amount of progress gained is based on the breakthrough tier of your cultivator. So send your most enlightened cultivator.

-Policy
Disaster Relief policy will give a small boost each day.

-Events
If you set that agency to be watched, you should get 2 events before the disaster concludes, each giving a large boost to progress if you choose the correct response. Without watching you are only likely to get 1 event.

Also other sects may occasionally send relief, but this is unreliable.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 04, 2021, 09:40:00 pm »

To give some reference for fighting the shapeshifting tribulation, my yaoguai had a little over 13000 Qi, a great artifact, a spoiler treasure, 20 barrier skill, shield pill, Qi regen pill, and I suicided 4 guys into the tribulation to rebuild the Qi collecting cushion that got broken and he just *barely* made it.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 04, 2021, 10:45:50 pm »

The wolf I recently passed with had 25,000 Qi, 2x tier7 q50ish artifacts, 18 Artifact Mastery 10 Protect, no qi cushion or pills. Had a bit less than half her qi remaining at the end.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 04, 2021, 11:18:17 pm »

Regarding disasters, counterintuitively you cannot actually send them any resources from your stockpile, so there's no point mining stones at home or whatever they are needing.

Disaster progress is made in three ways.

-Adventure.
This can only be done ONCE, and the amount of progress gained is based on the breakthrough tier of your cultivator. So send your most enlightened cultivator.

-Policy
Disaster Relief policy will give a small boost each day.

-Events
If you set that agency to be watched, you should get 2 events before the disaster concludes, each giving a large boost to progress if you choose the correct response. Without watching you are only likely to get 1 event.

Also other sects may occasionally send relief, but this is unreliable.

To say that there's no point mining stone at home for disaster relief is misleading : the disaster relief policy WILL pull stone from your base if the agency's own stockpile of stone is empty. And if you don't have enough stone to cover the daily upkeep from the policy, mining is certainly helpful.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 05, 2021, 01:42:35 am »

I just survived a shapeshifting tribulation for the first time, and OMG! This big, brute of a wolf turned into an absolutely adorable little girl with wolf ears.
And to think, I almost turned her away when she first arrived at my sect just because of how she looked.

Can we get a shot of this lil' cutie? :D

(And: How do turtles that pass tribulation look? I don't think I could tolerate raising one up, no matter how good its stats are...)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 05, 2021, 02:18:30 am »

Can we get a shot of this lil' cutie? :D

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43