Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 100862 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #450 on: December 27, 2020, 11:37:42 am »

To note, apparently I wasn't meant to be sent fries. Webadict has a 'holiday brain' as they said.
Same. FoU probably did target somebody but not us?
Same thing happened to me.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 27, 2020, 11:47:08 am »

To note, apparently I wasn't meant to be sent fries. Webadict has a 'holiday brain' as they said.

Ooh! I have a fun idea!

Fallacy of Urist! Who did you actually send the fries to? Person who still has fries, don't speak up. I want to hear the answer from Fallacy first.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 27, 2020, 11:47:56 am »

Ooh! I have a fun idea!

Fallacy of Urist! Who did you actually send the fries to?

Person who still has fries, don't speak up. I want to hear the answer from Fallacy first.

Quote edit. I just like this formatting better.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 27, 2020, 11:48:04 am »

Something is fucky-wucky in the state of Denmark.

That list in blue was a list of people I was suspicious enough to try to send fries to in addition to Tric. Apparently it didn't quite work? Mostly? I only lost one carton of fries instead of the four cartons of fries I was shipping out.

So... someone probably has fries right now? But just one person? I admit I'm a bit miffed, since I gain a good bit of value from having people have my fries.

You haven't played with Tric before. If you had, you'd know that he always gets obsessed with whatever the special mechanics of the setup happen to be, regardless of alignment. As far as I can tell, he honestly believes that what he's saying is what the town wants to hear. The mindset is anti-town, but it's also town!Tric.
Yeah, but do you have any reason at all to believe it'd be different if he was scum or third party?

I don't actually win by collecting all the hats you know. If I did I never would have brought it up day 1.
Flagrant WIFOM.

To note, haven't read the rest, but this is the last day of play for me. Given I have no more hats, and people are pushing to kill me, ala Toaster? I propose this scumteam.

Vector, Toaster, ToonyMan, Icyteam. This can also be read as my suspect list. Sure, IcyTea may not trust me, but if no-one trusts me it hurts town to not know what hats are in circulation and why the Dweller Mask in the hands of mafia is a Bad Thing.
I appreciate your suspect list more than your flip. That said, could you tell me why you suspect each of them?

Yes, I am voting for the player I want lynched. I found Tric's behaviour around buying the badge suspicious, and now that Tric has claimed a third party win condition lynching him is a no-brainer. Lynching someone who's guaranteed not to be town (but who could still easily be scum) is a much better option than you normally get on day one.
He hasn't technically done that yet, it's just likely.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 27, 2020, 11:51:32 am »

Something is fucky-wucky in the state of Denmark.

That list in blue was a list of people I was suspicious enough to try to send fries to in addition to Tric. Apparently it didn't quite work? Mostly? I only lost one carton of fries instead of the four cartons of fries I was shipping out.

Since you admitted to having a multi-target ability, tell me how plausible you think it is that the contract Iceytea and I received is multi-target inherently. Do you think it was made multi-target by some other ability instead?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 27, 2020, 11:58:42 am »

Since you admitted to having a multi-target ability, tell me how plausible you think it is that the contract Iceytea and I received is multi-target inherently. Do you think it was made multi-target by some other ability instead?
Look, I can't make assumptions about whether or not Wuba would create a powerful (which the contract-thing looks like it is) day multi-target ability when all I have is a weak day multi-target ability. It's possible? I guess?

I'd definitely love to know where my fries ended up going to, because the fact that I still lost one fry carton suggests this was more of a redirect, not a block.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 27, 2020, 12:11:40 pm »

It's mostly due to their shift to me and general feeling of not trusting them. If I assume dolores is town, which given they revealed the hat, then need to look at other suspects.

All I can really say is wait till night to off me, since I can then make the No Bonk Badge available, as well as buy it and send it to another person. And yes, my statement is WIFOM, no need to point that out Fal. Like most of you other posts.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 27, 2020, 12:12:53 pm »

So... someone probably has fries right now? But just one person? I admit I'm a bit miffed, since I gain a good bit of value from having people have my fries.
So...Jim if that wasn't redirected too.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 27, 2020, 12:17:22 pm »

What I wouldn't give for a proper ISO...

Toonyman

I had a note in my file to go read through Toonyman's posts and see what I thought of them, and there... really isn't much to talk about, despite having a fairly normal post count and several reasonably long posts.  I only found three posts with anything of value, which I've listed below, but in summary: he thinks heydude's actions are anti-mafia, he thinks heydude and icy aren't on the same scumteam, and he has a small reads list in his most recent megapost.  I'm excluding the meta bickering with dolores because frankly it's just uninteresting butting of heads, and the rest of it is just various mockery, grumbling, and aggravation.  His early posts in the thread were thoroughly uninspired, little more than jumping on the spastic newbies and asking a couple customary RVS questions before following the spazzes down the rabbithole.  As mentioned, his most recent megapost feels better, but all in all he still feels like a scum phoning in D1.

notquitethere has been added to my townpile for time being.  Despite his whole "oh I don't play D1" schtick he's actually got more content of more value than most of the other players, focused around actually playing the daygame rather than mucking about in the mechanical weeds that we'll barely be able to even see, much less understand.

Also, NQT, I'm curious why you thought my case on FoU could actually go anywhere quite a while after FoU had changed tact from the thing I voted him for.

That's all for now, I have more thoughts but I need to reread a previous game to contextualize one of them.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 27, 2020, 12:22:07 pm »

Yeah, but do you have any reason at all to believe it'd be different if he was scum or third party?
Not really. The enthusiasm and openness he's showing is a good look, but that's pure gut.

All I can really say is wait till night to off me, since I can then make the No Bonk Badge available, as well as buy it and send it to another person.
I thought you said you needed to kill me to do that?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 27, 2020, 12:36:06 pm »

@FallacyofUrist:
Jim Groovester, ToonyMan, 4maskwolf, I also have my eyes on y'all.
I was also fried today. I assume this was your doing. I don't know what this entails but we shall see.
Disregard this. Webadict informed me this was an error I guess.

I also received fries in error.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 27, 2020, 12:40:18 pm »

It's mostly due to their shift to me and general feeling of not trusting them. If I assume dolores is town, which given they revealed the hat, then need to look at other suspects.
If you think they're scummy, why are you still voting Owl (as of last votecount)? Since you don't have fries to throw around, your vote is your greatest weapon, so use it.

I also received fries in error.
Okay, so nobody I actually tried to fry actually got my fries. This is un disaster! Wait, I can just give people fries during Night 1. Okay false alarm, y'all are getting your fries after all. Just gotta be patient, my friendly fast food fanatics.
Generic Arms Race.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 27, 2020, 12:48:49 pm »

My guess is that you were targeted by an ability that limits multi-target abilities to only one target. Can’t necessarily say that scum did it this time though.

Something to look out for I guess.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 27, 2020, 12:50:11 pm »

Okay, so nobody I actually tried to fry actually got my fries. This is un disaster! Wait, I can just give people fries during Night 1. Okay false alarm, y'all are getting your fries after all. Just gotta be patient, my friendly fast food fanatics.

Wait, I thought TrickMagic got fried?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 27, 2020, 12:51:05 pm »

Leafsnail: why does Vector's post about ICT's 'slip' bother you so much more than Toasters, is it just because it's noncomittal? Since you don't believe in the 'slip' as a scumslip, how do you feel about the fact that Toaster is doubling down on it as such?
Yes, as I said the reason why Vector's posts bothered me is that it was noncommittal. I think that Toaster is wrong but being wrong is not a scumtell in and of itself.

We're playing with a lot of players who, although they might have played a game or two, never participated in the whole Beginner's Mafia process. I'm committing less to attacking small slip-ups because small slips are easy to tunnel on.

I also haven't played for a long time and am very aware of the mistakes I have tended to make in the past. I want to work harder on hunting instead of indulging in "so and so looks scummy, let's hang them."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 122