Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 72741 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2021, 10:18:44 am »

Sorry haven't been about much. I pulled a muscle in my thigh and haven't wanted to sit in front of a computer for a few days. Taking a trawl back, and also taking a look at the roles in previous games so we know what might be in store.

Unvote, we'll have an idea from the night whether 4mask is an SK or not. No point killing him today when an actual scum team is around.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2021, 10:19:54 am »

Sorry haven't been about much. I pulled a muscle in my thigh and haven't wanted to sit in front of a computer for a few days. Taking a trawl back, and also taking a look at the roles in previous games so we know what might be in store.

Unvote, we'll have an idea from the night whether 4mask is an SK or not. No point killing him today when an actual scum team is around.
Welcome back NQT.
Speaking of the actual scumteam, got any hot takes for us so far from your trawl?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2021, 10:42:00 am »

4mask
I'm assuming this is a reference to Jiokuy's claiming his SK werebear abilities rather than the actual werebear abilities back in Supernatural 7?
That was more or less what I was driving at. I see you claimed Wererat. Ok. I can believe this.

Speaking of the actual scumteam, got any hot takes for us so far from your trawl?
Webadict's quantum read on me seems genuine. It's true that the last few times I've been scum he's strongly town read me. I don't know that this reflects on his alignment per se, but I don't think he's making that up. Toony voting me after I only made one post is fine, but I'm curious to see where his vote goes after I've actually contributed.

Tric

Tric is openly baiting night actions from town players... I suspect once I've finished looking at the previous roles I might know why...

I have no powers, so feel free to come and kill me. Or watch me. Or anything else.
any tracker in the group could see the truth.

LuckyOwl, tell me something about this setup from the OP.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2021, 10:49:03 am »

@4mask:
I don't know about Tric being mafia or not yet. I think they're clearly lying about their role and I think I know why, but I don't want to help scum decide who they're targeting tonight.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2021, 10:49:29 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: IcyTea31
IcyTea31: BluarianKnight, TricMagic
Luckyowl: Secretdorf
notquitethere: ToonyMan
TricMagic: 4maskwolf, Toaster
Vector: webadict
webadict: Vector

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2021, 11:01:32 am »

4mask
I'm assuming this is a reference to Jiokuy's claiming his SK werebear abilities rather than the actual werebear abilities back in Supernatural 7?
That was more or less what I was driving at. I see you claimed Wererat. Ok. I can believe this.

Webadict's quantum read on me seems genuine. It's true that the last few times I've been scum he's strongly town read me. I don't know that this reflects on his alignment per se, but I don't think he's making that up. Toony voting me after I only made one post is fine, but I'm curious to see where his vote goes after I've actually contributed.

Tric

Tric is openly baiting night actions from town players... I suspect once I've finished looking at the previous roles I might know why...

I have no powers, so feel free to come and kill me. Or watch me. Or anything else.
any tracker in the group could see the truth.

LuckyOwl, tell me something about this setup from the OP.
Ironically Jiokuy’s SK werebear might actually be the answer you’re looking for, I just checked and it could kill anyone who visited it. My personal take is cult leader because it’s inspection immune and if he doesn’t perform the kill he’s “cleared” since there no way to prove he’s not VT.

@4mask:
I don't know about Tric being mafia or not yet. I think they're clearly lying about their role and I think I know why, but I don't want to help scum decide who they're targeting tonight.
I had some thoughts along those lines too and it’s not impossible, but there’s better and safer ways to do pretty much any of the possibilities I thought of. That said I still wouldn’t put them past Tric.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2021, 11:03:24 am »

That reads post was not a reads post, that was a joke. Never mind that.
Minding it. And breaking this down.

I think webadict is town this time mostly a gut-read on his reads post which I think was town-motivated. But I have a bad habit of taking people giving reads analysis as town, so I might reconsider that.
Hmm, quite buddy of you. Except when you say 'eh, maybe not',

Blueknight might be town if I compare his play in this game with the VM. In that game, his posts were filled with explanations. Although, someone might be coaching him. Still, some of his posts are scummy.
Which one? I mean, I saw the same post luckyowl did and deduced he was scummy in Vengeful from it. Not like I could use it there. Very wishy-washy while poking them to be scum.

I am 90%sure luckyowl is mafia this game but I am not going to press that until I have evidence.
Reasons? Gambler's Fallacy is a thing.

NQT hasn't posted a lot but I think he is town this time as his posts don't look like he has been constructing townreads on himself.
I don't yet have enough on NQT to make a solid read on him. So this fits.

4mask is probably survivor but I haven't read anything about wererat. What is that?
If you were reading all the posts you'd know, someone answered it. To be fair, I'm using this post before reading after it.

Toonyman is slight scumlean idk why.

Why indeed?

Jim G is probably town or probaly not town ie null.
Make up your mind, town, scum, or null-read.

ICT is townlean.
How surprising, the only town-lean in the list. This thing isn't any better than your joke post scumdorf. A whole lot of Nothing expanded from that joke post. And Toaster, your town-read, is also missing from this one. And worst of all, I'm not on it. not really the worst, but it looks freakin wierd. I'll get back to reading the rest.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2021, 11:18:39 am »

Side note but I agree that it looks like Secretdorf is fabricating reads rather than making real ones, that read on NQT is interesting in italics.

Also blue continuing to parrot webadict is a thing.

Ok... First of all, there is something majorly wrong with my clocks. Did daylight savings time pass over? It's confusing me since my computer reads 10:10 AM.  My phone and tablet read an hour ahead meanwhile, and my physical clocks read 10:11 as of now.

Second, I spent this morning finsihing up the last bits of Atelier Ryza, the first game, on my Switch. Switch also has many sales, so I got Assasain's Creed III, aa well Rouge/Black Flag in a combo-deal. And Ni no kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, along with Digimon Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition. And Hollow Realization for something different. Cost me 50 bucks all told? Worth it.

In other news that isn't gaming related, note that this game's start and the end of Vengeful coincided, and I had made a big post in that game as a finisher. So now back to catchup and comments on what happened last night. Don't go writing me off that quickly survivor.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2021, 11:23:32 am »

Side note but I agree that it looks like Secretdorf is fabricating reads rather than making real ones, that read on NQT is interesting in italics.

Ok... First of all, there is something majorly wrong with my clocks. Did daylight savings time pass over? It's confusing me since my computer reads 10:10 AM.  My phone and tablet read an hour ahead meanwhile, and my physical clocks read 10:11 as of now.

Second, I spent this morning finsihing up the last bits of Atelier Ryza, the first game, on my Switch. Switch also has many sales, so I got Assasain's Creed III, aa well Rouge/Black Flag in a combo-deal. And Ni no kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, along with Digimon Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition. And Hollow Realization for something different. Cost me 50 bucks all told? Worth it.

In other news that isn't gaming related, note that this game's start and the end of Vengeful coincided, and I had made a big post in that game as a finisher. So now back to catchup and comments on what happened last night. Don't go writing me off that quickly survivor.
It’s interesting that you only discuss one of my points against you, and the one that is far and away the weakest and least reliable, and yet you barely address the only really meaningful part of it which is that your takes seem limp and very focused on people surrounding you. You’ve only hit easy targets that other people were pressuring at the time (Icy for bad questions and secretdorf for being very ??? thus far), and your attempt to tie secretdorf and Icy together into a team is pretty baffling because it relies on ignoring the fact he has two other people he listed as town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2021, 11:38:24 am »

Woo boy this is going to be a lot of reads. Ealry days, but might as well post a real readlist. Lets see how well I do.

webadict: Slight Town read. Don't expect any analysis on this cause after vengeful my memory on the first day of the game is fuzzy.
Vector: Vector doesn't get a read or a color. Ties to webadict yes, but no color. Null-read.
TricMagic: Naturally I cannot give comments on my own alignment. Ifyou read ths, have a cookie.  ;D
ToonyMan: Town read. Previous post says it all, and none of their other posts dispute it for me. [See wuba for explanation there.]
BluarianKnight: Null. Seems town-like. But his voting seems more like taking my advice on using your vote literally and liberally. There is the whole parrot thing 4mask points out. On the whole, I'll tentatively place them as town for the sake of narrowing down the list.
Luckyowl: Town-ish. This will likely solidify as we enter future days with less people.
Secretdorf: Top scum-pick of today. Few posts, a joke post, and a readlist with more scum on it than can fit in this game, and few to no town.
4maskwolf: Survivor, third party wolf throwing shade, or scum. You can decide, but any votes on him won't do much.[I will get to the rest of your post later, it's just that one point I wanted to address while I got going]
Toaster: Null. You, like Vector, don't get any reads. Unlike Vector, you also aren't currently tied to anyone.
juicebox: Null. Like Toaster. I need to see more from you to gain an opinion.
Jim Groovester: How quaint the suspicious people are at the bottom. Lurking, promising more later, you get the jist. Your streak may end, so best get hunting so it doesn't happen.
IcyTea31: Gut instinct that your posts were wrong. And now you are using yours, so... Kinda leaning away from you for now, but you will end up higher if secretdorf is scum.
notquitethere: Still notquitehere. Leaning more to scummyness than towniness, but not to the point you get a blue color.

Previewed, fixed typos and sent. An uncut version for my current feelings on everyone. Enjoy and read, if I ever die it will be useful. If not, still useful, just not confirmed one way or the other.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2021, 11:45:22 am »

It’s interesting that you only discuss one of my points against you, and the one that is far and away the weakest and least reliable, and yet you barely address the only really meaningful part of it which is that your takes seem limp and very focused on people surrounding you. You’ve only hit easy targets that other people were pressuring at the time (Icy for bad questions and secretdorf for being very ??? thus far), and your attempt to tie secretdorf and Icy together into a team is pretty baffling because it relies on ignoring the fact he has two other people he listed as town.
Looking over this again... 4mask is really red. You're basically poking my for slanking, a word I had to look up as it's slang. Likewise, why delay the post, wouldn't that make it staged and planned? Rather than a wererat, a werewolf seeking to kill others makes sense. And that is not a good look on anyone, let alone a survivor who is likely to die from a mafiakill or get lynched by a mafia-assisted push. By nature, your claim really hurts town worse than a Miller would, as there is no point keeping you around or lynching you. Only you aren't guaranteed to be a survivor.. How many days must you survive to win? Two? Three? Five? How about six or seven. As it stands I see nothing that can really be addressed further in this than already was.
this game's start and the end of Vengeful coincided, and I had made a big post in that game as a finisher. So now back to catchup and comments on what happened last night. Don't go writing me off that quickly survivor.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2021, 11:50:35 am »

Looking over this again... 4mask is really red. You're basically poking my for slanking, a word I had to look up as it's slang. Likewise, why delay the post, wouldn't that make it staged and planned? Rather than a wererat, a werewolf seeking to kill others makes sense. And that is not a good look on anyone, let alone a survivor who is likely to die from a mafiakill or get lynched by a mafia-assisted push. By nature, your claim really hurts town worse than a Miller would, as there is no point keeping you around or lynching you. Only you aren't guaranteed to be a survivor.. How many days must you survive to win? Two? Three? Five? How about six or seven. As it stands I see nothing that can really be addressed further in this than already was.
this game's start and the end of Vengeful coincided, and I had made a big post in that game as a finisher. So now back to catchup and comments on what happened last night. Don't go writing me off that quickly survivor.
This post makes no sense on a bunch of levels and doesn't actually address the points I made. I said your cases were lazy and bad and you're just leeching off of the thread to get your takes, including after the vengeful game ended. You're continuing to insist that my only case on you is your slanking which, again, it's not, that's only a single one of the points and you not only refuse to respond to the other three (which, fair, at least some of them aren't really good to respond to) you're also pretending they don't exist (significantly less genuine).

And yet with all that said, I still find myself leaning town off this post, because your first response is to accuse me of being a wolf despite my survivor claim, which is anti-wincon for wolves.

Actually now that I think about it SK werebear makes sense in your case, it would explain a lot of things. The vote stays.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2021, 12:11:38 pm »

Woo boy this is going to be a lot of reads. Ealry days, but might as well post a real readlist. Lets see how well I do.

webadict: Slight Town read. Don't expect any analysis on this cause after vengeful my memory on the first day of the game is fuzzy.
Vector: Vector doesn't get a read or a color. Ties to webadict yes, but no color. Null-read.
TricMagic: Naturally I cannot give comments on my own alignment. Ifyou read ths, have a cookie.  ;D
ToonyMan: Town read. Previous post says it all, and none of their other posts dispute it for me. [See wuba for explanation there.]
BluarianKnight: Null. Seems town-like. But his voting seems more like taking my advice on using your vote literally and liberally. There is the whole parrot thing 4mask points out. On the whole, I'll tentatively place them as town for the sake of narrowing down the list.
Luckyowl: Town-ish. This will likely solidify as we enter future days with less people.
Secretdorf: Top scum-pick of today. Few posts, a joke post, and a readlist with more scum on it than can fit in this game, and few to no town.
4maskwolf: Survivor, third party wolf throwing shade, or scum. You can decide, but any votes on him won't do much.[I will get to the rest of your post later, it's just that one point I wanted to address while I got going](after these posts, I'm almost certain he is not a survivor. Third party, but not survivor. Werebear isn't something I was aware existed, but such a claim I made is anti-wincon for it if I was. And going after it anyway is completely useless as it's a third-party role that would only trigger off of being targeted. Just ignore it and hunt scum. You can't take the chance you can't actually do SOMETHING to me though, so you want to lynch me, the only thing that would bypass this supposed power.)
Toaster: Null. You, like Vector, don't get any reads. Unlike Vector, you also aren't currently tied to anyone.
juicebox: Null. Like Toaster. I need to see more from you to gain an opinion.
Jim Groovester: How quaint the suspicious people are at the bottom. Lurking, promising more later, you get the jist. Your streak may end, so best get hunting so it doesn't happen.
IcyTea31: Gut instinct that your posts were wrong. And now you are using yours, so... Kinda leaning away from you for now, but you will end up higher if secretdorf is scum.
notquitethere: Still notquitehere. Leaning more to scummyness than towniness, but not to the point you get a blue color.

Previewed, fixed typos and sent. An uncut version for my current feelings on everyone. Enjoy and read, if I ever die it will be useful. If not, still useful, just not confirmed one way or the other.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2021, 12:16:51 pm »

Thinking on it, I'd propose a 4mask/Secretdorf/scumteam. One with very weird things going on and missing a member, but seeking to turn the lynch off of another.

Web, can we get Mamobo for a full votecount?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2021, 12:18:41 pm »

ToonyMan:
If somebody else comes forward I will be voting one of you two. There is a very high probability one of you is lying scum. If you're legit and mafia decide to gamble the odds that's their move.

Assuming a counterclaim, how would you determine which is real?  Would you concede the possibility they were both survivors?

@Jim:
>has an important meeting today
>gets hammered while singing about titans the night before

Sounds on-brand to me.

Secretdorf:
Luckyowl, you better be mafia this time.

4maskwolf is mafia, probably.

Tricmagic is mafia, too, probably. Because I don't see how claiming VT will help us. At least, mafia would have killed you instead of a PR. And you say we should waste a track on you?

Webadict is mafia, too, probably.

Toonyman is mafia, too, probably.

Toaster is town, probably.

Icytea is mafia, too, probably.

You have thrown out five probably mafia folks.  In a thirteen player game, a standard scum team would almost certainly be three players.  How do you reconcile these numbers?

That reads post was not a reads post, that was a joke. Never mind that.

I don't believe you.  Answer the above question; no calling it a joke copout.

Juicebox:
Toaster: Supposing there is a cult, how do we out them?

Good question; I hate dealing with conversion.  The best way I know is sudden shifts in behavior; people turning on people they declared town days prior or sudden aversion to attacking a player.  Problem is, of course, those are both tells of an investigative role as well.

Vector:
I thought you were RiA-ing with a bunch of posts about someone who wasn't in the game to piss me off.

How did this make it into a separate post instead of one bigger one with the post above it?

LuckyOwl:
I am present and also town.

Convince us, on both counts.

did your scum team told you to say that? or are you going rogue?

This isn't doing it.

NQT:

Could you elaborate, please?  On a scale of 1-10, how convinced are you that 4mask is not on a standard scum team?

TricMagic:
Thinking on it, I'd propose a 4mask/Secretdorf/scumteam. One with very weird things going on and missing a member, but seeking to turn the lynch off of another.

Web, can we get Mamobo for a full votecount?

How do you tie them together?   Can you resolve your thoughts on IcyTea in with said team?

Hmmm.

BluarianKnight:  Now that it's over, I can say I semi-followed Vengeful 14 and noted your win there.  What did you learn from that game that you can immediately apply here, to this game and its situation right now?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 115