Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 73870 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #225 on: February 24, 2021, 07:28:18 pm »

There's also the whole "wolfy player secretdorf put him as town off of a single post" which could just be Secret manufacturing reads on people in general but could fully well be secret awkwardly trying to finagle a wolfread on his buddy.

NQT putting secretdorf as townie off of a single post as well is pretty thonk.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 24, 2021, 07:34:41 pm »

4mask, you're absolutely capable of a bold fake claim, hence the numbers I offered Toaster. But the vote on you was me half remembering a werebear serial killer and recalling a recent game where Secret claimed survivor but was a serial killer. I didn't put that much thought into it as my opening vote.

I just don't think it massively likely you'd make a scum-team play like this as your very first move. That's what makes me doubt you're on a team. But maybe I'm wrong! We've played a lot of games together but unfortunately I don't retain the details of every single play-by-play moment. Can you point to a game where you made a similar claim as your starting move? It makes sense when there's some heat or preventative to throw off the scent.

As for Secret, in this game: I want to see him post some more, so far nothing from him would give anyone a firm handle on his alignment.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 24, 2021, 08:28:08 pm »

NO CLUE
webadict - Townlean, kinda? I haven't seen him do any slips - actually, he's been playing quite town-like so far,  but.. something rubs me the wrong way.
Vector - I have no fucking idea. Going to put null - the Web/Vector arguing feels like how I've seen Vector argue with other townies before. It feels real - but they've been flipflopping a bit more then normal. My read's on null right now.
Toaster - Strong start, but would like to see more before I put down as townlean.
IcyTea31 - Half and half on this one - between towny and scum. Strong questions, but they feel very pointed to give ammunition to folks. Very aggressive, but I know that can just be a playstyle. Going to say Townlean this time.

TOWNY
juicebox - Low postcount, but I think he's not lurking or scumming - just not the big-post sort, which isn't bad. Town to me for now.
TricMagic - I've seen him pull this blazen bullshit off before. I believe his claims - and I don't think he's playing an act, especially during the time when Vengeful was still going.
ToonyMan - Definitely town. Good hunting, no slips, and has been pressuring folks who have been slipping.
Notquitethere - Strong, strong town vibes. Not as active, but has been asking good questions, and very researched posts.
Jim Groovester - hasn't given me a reason to consider him anything but town. His posts are good and his votes seem to be in town's favor.

MAFIA
Luckyowl - My read from previous research and games with him is completely off to the guy I see now - You're lurking, and from what I can tell for no good reason. I've got a decent guess you're trying to stay under the radar for some reason, which leads me to believe scumlean.
Secretdorf - Either is going completely off the rails from his townplay, or is holding back for some reason. What he is posting however, is a lot of 'x is mafia', and an incredibly half-assed readlist.. Due to my current theory, going scumlean.

THIRD PARTY
4maskwolf - I don't think he's mafia - he's been pulling far too much weight, and throwing far too many punches for me to believe he's working with a scumteam. I sure as hell don't think he's town though - unsure if friendly or hostile though, as he's been aggressively scumhunting.

Current theory: Scumteam is disorganized to high heavens, and because of that the scum are currently playing incredibly cautiously to attempt to let some of the town-slips take precedent. I'm not sure who's the third scum yet, but I'm pretty sure of my two choices.

Secretdorf and Luckyowl
What's keeping you from interacting more?

A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 24, 2021, 08:30:07 pm »

Oh, apologies Meph - forgot to unvote.

Unvote.

Secretdorf

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 24, 2021, 08:40:56 pm »

Mmm, yes. My votes give you reason to think I'm town. Which votes are those? I have not cast a vote during Day 1.

Off from work. Expect a bigger post in a couple hours.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 24, 2021, 08:46:53 pm »

Mmm, yes. My votes give you reason to think I'm town. Which votes are those? I have not cast a vote during Day 1.

Welp. I didn't mean votes - I meant prods. I got no fucking clue why I put votes.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 24, 2021, 09:09:31 pm »

I really want to play this one but I don't have time due to lots of tests. So I request replacement. That first reads post was more a question to tricmagic than a real read. I thought that was clear. And I can see scum are jumping on me real fast but dont have time to properly play this. I really think people should unvote me as my replacement will probably do something good as they will probably have time. :D

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 24, 2021, 09:10:35 pm »

Oh, apologies Meph - forgot to unvote.

Unvote.

Secretdorf

You don't have to explicitly unvote, it's implied when you vote someone else.

Also like, the fact that I'm third party is a given? I literally claimed survivor as my first post. You went hard on me for doing so and then derping around at the start of day. And yet in your last two posts you've been acting like you completely forgot that and like you don't know my alignment.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 24, 2021, 09:13:19 pm »

4mask, you're absolutely capable of a bold fake claim, hence the numbers I offered Toaster. But the vote on you was me half remembering a werebear serial killer and recalling a recent game where Secret claimed survivor but was a serial killer. I didn't put that much thought into it as my opening vote.

I just don't think it massively likely you'd make a scum-team play like this as your very first move. That's what makes me doubt you're on a team. But maybe I'm wrong! We've played a lot of games together but unfortunately I don't retain the details of every single play-by-play moment. Can you point to a game where you made a similar claim as your starting move? It makes sense when there's some heat or preventative to throw off the scent.

As for Secret, in this game: I want to see him post some more, so far nothing from him would give anyone a firm handle on his alignment.
Mm. Yeah my thing is more loose theory than anything, there's a reason I didn't vote you even after all those posts. I'm still uncomfortable that you even admit that your first thought was SK and not wolf because, y'know, that's exactly what my concern was, but the fact that there was an SK who claimed survivor recently ameliorates that somewhat. I'd honestly forgotten about that game despite Toony even explicitly referencing it early (lolme).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2021, 09:14:49 pm »

Also I'm really not a fan of the reads list from blue, on top of apparently forgetting that I'm a survivor his only two scumreads are the two lowposters which is ???

Sort by postcount, become mafia expert, while decent advice on MU, isn't as applicable here and also isn't meant to be taken fully literally.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2021, 09:17:53 pm »

Out of curiosity blue how many games here have you read?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 24, 2021, 09:51:06 pm »

@Luckyowl:
I am present, and again I am town. I won't be saying much since I hate day 1 and would only make myself look scummy eventhough I am town. If anything I will be useful for townies during the night phase. If scum kills me then at least you'll see I'll flip and my night action will still go through either way.
Since when? I have reason to suspect your play right now because it's very different than normal and I've only seen your town play many, many times (besides ONUW which hardly counts).

@BlueKnight:
Welp. I didn't mean votes - I meant prods. I got no fucking clue why I put votes.
SCUMSLIP ALERT SCUMSLIP ALERT SCUMSLIP ALERT

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2021, 10:04:00 pm »

@Secretdorf:
I really want to play this one but I don't have time due to lots of tests. So I request replacement. That first reads post was more a question to tricmagic than a real read. I thought that was clear. And I can see scum are jumping on me real fast but dont have time to properly play this. I really think people should unvote me as my replacement will probably do something good as they will probably have time. :D
Alright. At least Persus13 said he was interested and wanted to play. The earlier the replace the better.

@4maskwolf:
stuff
Mm. Yeah my thing is more loose theory than anything, there's a reason I didn't vote you even after all those posts. I'm still uncomfortable that you even admit that your first thought was SK and not wolf because, y'know, that's exactly what my concern was, but the fact that there was an SK who claimed survivor recently ameliorates that somewhat. I'd honestly forgotten about that game despite Toony even explicitly referencing it early (lolme).
NQT is genuine when he claims this I think yeah.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 24, 2021, 10:10:11 pm »

No worries. Maybe you'll have time whenever the next one happens!

I have pinged Heydude6 and Persus13 to see if either of them wants to take over for Secretdorf.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2021, 10:13:58 pm »

Tric
I have no powers, so feel free to come and kill me. Or watch me. Or anything else.
What specific role name do you have then?

Toaster
Could you elaborate, please?  On a scale of 1-10, how convinced are you that 4mask is not on a standard scum team?
I'm 9/10 4mask not being on a scum team, and 6/10 on him not being a serial killer. Scum-team players rarely draw attention to themselves unbidden like that, and claiming wererat is the correct play. I remember playing a survivor in one of Vector's games and the scum team just randomly killed me and I remember musing at the time that I'd have been better off claiming from the start to avoid that fate happening. Here's a question for you: which player is being most cautious right now?

Juicebox: vote for someone.

Since you asked NQT

I don't really feel like coming up with a full reads list atm, but so far Toony is my strongest Townread, he's been asking some good questions and trying to lead the town in the direction of finding scum. I have a slight townlean on IcyTea as well, I do like some of the questions that they've been asking, and this does remind me of their play in BYOR 14, minus the self-voting gambit.

NQT is null for me, as well as Web and Vector, Bluarian Knight,Toaster, and JG

4mask is lock Third Party for me ofc

That leaves Secretdorf and LuckyOwl, both of whom have been mostly absent for D1. It's unusual for both of them to have this little presence in the game, and I can see an argument that they're both lurking scum.

LuckyOwl: Refusing to participate in the daygame also makes you look scummy. At least if you said something that looks scummy someone could push you on it and possibly come to the conclusion that you aren't scum. As it is the only conclusion we can come to right now is that you don't want to play the game, which if not a scummy sentiment is most definitely anti-town.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 115