Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 72661 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #390 on: February 26, 2021, 11:58:39 am »

Okay NQT, if Lucky is so universally scummy to everyone, why are the only players voting them me and Icy? I diagree with your mutual hostility assessment.

I think Lucky isn't pulling votes like a magnet because his scum partners don't want to lose an ally on D1. They still think they can sway a mislynch and use his priest powers for a juicy possible convert res.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 26, 2021, 12:07:34 pm »

Okay, time to spend over an hour making a post for this game. Stream of consciousness thoughts follow.

Reading through the thread properly it seems like 4maskwolf was accurate that he was getting attacked for memes, but considering Blu, Toony, and to a lesser extent NQT were annoyed by his D1 survivor game I'm a bit more confident in my statement that 4mask was also getting flack for claiming survivor. Also I'm enjoying the use of memes, for the record. 4maskwolf I absolutely believe this claim so these early interactions leave me a bit suspicious of Blu and Toony. While scum probably wouldn't go after a survivor claim unless they thought it was an SK, claiming survivor seems more of an SK move (maybe Dark Magus too?) than a normal mafia team as if it works it gets the scum team off their back at night.

Also wow there's a fair amount of claims D1. I'm a bit suspicious of tric, but that's mainly because I'm suspicious of VT claims in this game. But I think I remember him doing something like this before (and I've checked and it wasn't the last Paranormal, so now I can't recall what game it was). But anyway he tends to hype his abilities or lack of early D1.

Coming up on stuff that my predecessor has posted, I'm having trouble reading that first post as anything but a joke about how anybody could be mafia at this stage. Its very RVS, and to be fair, RVS had mostly ended by that point, but I've definitely had the same impression of seeing everyone be Mafia in games before. I'm getting very much the same vibes of 4mask getting attacked for posting spongebob memes here, but while 4mask is a confident player whose been around the block here for years, secret does not seem to be the same way, so of course they're going to react differently.

This brings me to NQT's infobomb post, and IcyTea asked me a question about that:

Persus13

Do you think the information in this post is useful to town right now?

What do you think of webadict's play? I've been trying to figure out why my gut doesn't like it.
I agree with you that its most useful D2 immediately after the night kill flavor is revealed (or lack of any), but the third party stuff is useful now since we have a third party claim already. The Vampire Hunter stuff is also useful to town, since if that role is present and they don't know that game, they know its not a scumteam guarentee. I'm not happy with giving info to Tric to help his VT claim but that just means we have to figure out if he's telling the truth the old-fashioned way. I'd do it either before end of D1 or at the start of D2, earlier if people seemed to be getting confused.

Ultimately I consider this post a null tell from NQT, this is the kind of analysis he likes to do as a person, and frankly, this kind of game analysis is why I enjoy playing Supernatural. Also Meph's awesome flavor.

Anyone: LuckyOwl is getting a lot of flack for something he did at LYLO? I feel like there's a game I'm missing context on here. I remember playing with them in the last Paranormal and don't remember anything standing out.

Okay, I've spent an hour and a half on this post and I've read through page 17 and somewhat through the thread since I've been replaced. Something about Jim and Toaster's interactions are rubbing me the wrong way and I can't put my finger on it, although like NQT just posted, that could just be them being old friends and old hats at the game. Toaster has posted some specific stuff that's decently aggressive, but Toaster overall has seemed oddly passive this game so far. He's accused people like Blu and tric of going after easy targets, but tric is always an easy target and so is Blue right now. So maybe its that?

It looks like if I want to survive the day the alternate options are Blu and LuckyOwl. Blu is a null read who seems to be finding his footing. As for Lucky I'm suspicious of his claim, but that's because town priests are a role with a major drawback, and a convenient claim for scum priest which are one of the worst roles to face.

I missed some questions but I need lunch and to do other stuff. I tied the vote but I'll be back to keep track of things.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 26, 2021, 12:10:36 pm »

Quote from: webadict link=topic=178146.msg8252898#msg8252898 date=1614300838
[quote author=juicebox link=topic=178146.msg8252861#msg8252861 date=1614295309
Webadict: What exactly is the reason for your scumlean on Toaster? I can't find anything in their posts to suggest they might be scum.
Toaster's attacks are fairly broad, shotgun attack to see what sticks, and in general, anyone that really thinks TricMagic is scum (or at least worthy of being eliminated today) is scummy, ESPECIALLY if it's related to the VT claim, which makes even less sense than going after TricMagic for being standard TricMagic. Oh, and on top of that, Toaster suspecting Jim Groovester of all people. That one is insane! Jim has Town equity out the wazoo, and even if Jim is somehow scum, Jim should still be alive at Lylo... Blah, blah, caveat that Jim continues what they're doing, CMA. Call it crazy. Call it what you want, but Jim's seriously throwing punches, and they're hitting well.

It'd be the same if you went after ToonyMan. Look, I could have concrete proof that ToonyMan is a serial killer, and I'd still be suspicious of anyone going after them because they are just too productive. Plus, even if ToonyMan is scum, ToonyMan busses their teammates pretty hard, so I have even less to worry about.
[/quote]

Yeah this makes sense to me especially the part about going after Jim.

Everyone, and I do mean everyone, I want your opinion on this.

I believe LuckyOwl's claim. That does sound lika a plan that Town!LuckyOwl would come up with

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 26, 2021, 12:13:07 pm »

notquitethere

Sentiment Visualisations
For my part of that, I don't currently think Tric is lynchably scummy. Even though they're lying about their powers, they're trying to find a breaking strategy, which is what I've usually observed town!Tric doing in past games.

I'd note about the veteran gang, that they're the kind of players who know they have trouble reading each other, and will likely rely on mechanics (cop etc.) and survival ("lynch wuba if alive D3" etc.) to confirm each other.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 26, 2021, 12:17:45 pm »

Toony, lots of people have voted Luckyowl and unvoted or have said they would vote him. The claim changed minds (whether for good reason or no).

Persus, Lucky was in two short games in a row where he claimed that he had flipped a coin to decide LYLO. He was sort of joking to deflect responsibility, and everyone hated it. If I recall, in both cases he made the right choice, but then in a third game he chose poorly at LYLO.

TricMagic, I'm reviewing my reads list now. But first, tell me the name of your role. I asked before and as far as I can tell you ignored the question.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 26, 2021, 12:20:29 pm »

Persus, Lucky was in two short games in a row where he claimed that he had flipped a coin to decide LYLO. He was sort of joking to deflect responsibility, and everyone hated it. If I recall, in both cases he made the right choice, but then in a third game he chose poorly at LYLO.
Okay, people going after Luckyowl when they don't see a lot of other options makes way more sense now.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 26, 2021, 12:24:21 pm »

Idk, Toony. I really am hesitant on calling Lucky scum. Is Lucky playing to their normal meta? No. Is Lucky being scummy? Yes. But their claim and idea is just... very Lucky feeling that I am willing to believe it was created by them. I can do a better analysis tonight, but it won't be until near Day end.

Hm. I am extremely torn on this. I think that Lucky has some scum equity, but I also definitely feel that there are three or four better elims than Lucky. I basically have Lucky as Townlean atm because their plan just feels like something Town!Lucky would come up with.

I'm willing to leave a vote on Luckyowl right now but if we can get a Toasrer or Persus13 elim instead, I'd much rather we did. Also because I feel like have Lucky as the elim leader is better for scumhunting.

Also, I like the web. I don't think it gives more than a little town equity, but it certainly makes me feel like I'm being presented to.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 26, 2021, 12:26:16 pm »

Also, I like the web. I don't think it gives more than a little town equity, but it certainly makes me feel like I'm being presented to.
I'm dumb and not following all the web lingo being thrown out here? What do you mean by "town equity"?
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 26, 2021, 12:29:47 pm »

He means the web of relationships in my visualisation. And by town equity, he means like town points. Points in my favour. Like equity (value) on a house.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 26, 2021, 12:30:51 pm »

Toony, lots of people have voted Luckyowl and unvoted or have said they would vote him. The claim changed minds (whether for good reason or no).
Testing the waters.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 26, 2021, 12:33:13 pm »

Oh and TricMagic this is to concentrate your attention. Please answer me this time.

Toony
Testing the waters.
OK, but since your first reply in this exchange and your last one, there have been two more Lucky votes, and now Lucky is once again the lynch candidate with 4 votes, max 2 on anyone else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 26, 2021, 12:36:58 pm »

Idk, Toony. I really am hesitant on calling Lucky scum. Is Lucky playing to their normal meta? No. Is Lucky being scummy? Yes. But their claim and idea is just... very Lucky feeling that I am willing to believe it was created by them. I can do a better analysis tonight, but it won't be until near Day end.

Hm. I am extremely torn on this. I think that Lucky has some scum equity, but I also definitely feel that there are three or four better elims than Lucky. I basically have Lucky as Townlean atm because their plan just feels like something Town!Lucky would come up with.

I'm willing to leave a vote on Luckyowl right now but if we can get a Toasrer or Persus13 elim instead, I'd much rather we did. Also because I feel like have Lucky as the elim leader is better for scumhunting.

I'd prefer a Toaster elim over Lucky as well.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 26, 2021, 12:40:11 pm »

Mainly because gut read that Toaster seems to be coasting along currently.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 26, 2021, 12:44:26 pm »

Has anyone actually changed their mind on the Persus/secret slot or did everyone just collectively decide to give that slot time to post and then never went back to it?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 26, 2021, 12:47:49 pm »

Has anyone actually changed their mind on the Persus/secret slot or did everyone just collectively decide to give that slot time to post and then never went back to it?
Persus wasn't expecting to sub this early but they explained this and have contributed more than Lucky.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 115