Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 72718 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 2 has a full house
« Reply #615 on: March 01, 2021, 08:05:22 am »

Since we either don't have a monster hunter or they seem to be holstering, I'm pretty sure we always flip LuckyOwl today. Especially with the threat of a potential double-conversion, we need to flip him to check blue's alignment.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 01, 2021, 08:41:06 am »

Since we either don't have a monster hunter or they seem to be holstering, I'm pretty sure we always flip LuckyOwl today. Especially with the threat of a potential double-conversion, we need to flip him to check blue's alignment.
I'm cool with this if nobody is going to claim any kills.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #617 on: March 01, 2021, 08:53:20 am »

You seem so quick to vote me out. 4maskwolf. Blu is has been rez he will speak soon. However I do have some troubling news to speak of. Before I went to Blu's grave I was visited by a voice who tried to convince me to give them my soul exchange for power. They even tried to say it will make me look town...I obvisouly decline the offer as I'm a preist and my role is to fix day 1 fuck ups.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 01, 2021, 09:06:00 am »

You seem so quick to vote me out. 4maskwolf. Blu is has been rez he will speak soon. However I do have some troubling news to speak of. Before I went to Blu's grave I was visited by a voice who tried to convince me to give them my soul exchange for power. They even tried to say it will make me look town...I obvisouly decline the offer as I'm a preist and my role is to fix day 1 fuck ups.
A devil, eh?

Can someone who knows how Devils work tell me whether Lucky revealing that particular devil offer is outing or not?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 01, 2021, 09:06:33 am »

So we have a Devil who thought Lucky would be foolish enough to accept a soul deal...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 01, 2021, 09:11:23 am »

To put some perspective on how bad a Luckyowl double-convert is with, say, a charistmatic cult or something (I believe those are one-shots?).

Today we'd be looking at 7 v 5 v 2. Devil always townsides in this situation so it's 8 v 5 v 1. That puts us in MYLO, because if we mislynch town today + nightkill from scumteam we'd be looking at 6 v 5 v 1, at which point one of the wolves (presumably Lucky or Blue, in this scenario) would out and say that I have to vote with them or else. At which point it's just GG for town because 6 v 6 forces a no lynch and the wolves kill town to win afterwards.

And yes, that scenario is far from guaranteed. The wolf kill could have been blocked last night, a charistmatic cult could have converted someone not-Lucky, or we could be looking at a Dark Magus where even a double-convert doesn't put us in immediate jeopardy. But the way I see it the possibility of a Charismatic double-convert is too dangerous to not check for.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 01, 2021, 09:12:17 am »

Hold up I added an extra town where there shouldn't be one, that should be 6 v 5 v 2, 7 v 5 v 1, and 5 v 5 v 1, respectively.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 01, 2021, 09:12:50 am »

Devils can only offer certain oneshots I believe but they can say whatever they want to the player. I can't confirm if it's outing or not.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 01, 2021, 09:16:32 am »

Devils can only offer certain oneshots I believe but they can say whatever they want to the player. I can't confirm if it's outing or not.
Okay I just read the devil PM in supernatural 9 and while I'm not sure which of the abilities they would have offered to Lucky it still tells us something. The devil is probably someone who thought Lucky was a wolf by EoD yesterday (though they could have said that to throw people off) because of the way they phrased their offer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 01, 2021, 09:17:24 am »

Not that it really matters because the devil is the least of our concerns right now, they're forced to townside ATM at the risk the game is close to parity since they need to extend the game.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 01, 2021, 09:18:53 am »

As I say that though I had a thought, though not one to really be entertained right now.

Can third parties be converted? In some games they can in some they can't, and I'm not sure what the rules are for Supernatural since I've never seen an attempt.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 01, 2021, 10:17:12 am »

Blue, how was last night? Are you still a Dreamwalker?
I'm pretty sure Lucky revived me - the flavor-text I got didn't state directly.
I'm no longer a dream-walker.

BluarianKnight:  Are you still town?
No. I'm now a survivor role, Lone Vampire.

I don't think Lucky was scum during revival - but I'm not sure how scum-revivals work when you fuck it up.

My vote's on juicebox. I'd like to see his dreamwalker claim go through - I think it's bullshit.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 01, 2021, 10:18:16 am »

Blue, how was last night? Are you still a Dreamwalker?

I'm pretty sure Lucky revived me - the flavor-text I got didn't state directly.
I'm no longer a dream-walker.
BluarianKnight:  Are you still town?

No. I'm now a survivor role, Lone Vampire.
I don't think Lucky was scum during revival - but I'm not sure how scum-revivals work when you fuck it up.

My vote's on juicebox. I'd like to see his dreamwalker claim go through - I think it's bullshit.

Fixed my previous message.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 01, 2021, 10:33:49 am »

If Blu is telling the truth, it means the converter team isn't a vampire cult, because then he wouldn't be the lone vampire. Which leaves us with regular charismatic cult or dark magus (or someone blocked etc.). This is good to know, but not great news as vampires can be detected by vampire hunters, and their slaves lose town powers when converted.

Either way, it's almost good news, as a lone vampire can act in a pro-town way by blocking who they think is scum.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 01, 2021, 10:38:54 am »

And anyway, not to mention the big reveal of there apparently being a devil in town. Either

- There is a devil and we now have 3 third parties, a 3-person scum team with a new convert i.e. 7/13 players in the game
- As above, but scum team is dark magus: 5/13 players in the game, or two-person team: 6/13.
- Lucky is lying, is on the scum team, and is just seeding chaos.
- 4mask is the devil and so 4-6 non-town player.

I'll have to take a look at the old setups to see what would be normal numbers here...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 115