Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 72690 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 2 has a full house
« Reply #870 on: March 03, 2021, 12:52:10 pm »

I've taken Caz's criticism to heart that I'm a boring player. In that vein I've tried to find more outré scum hunting techniques. To that end, I fed the last few pages of Webadict's posts into a markov chain:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What this insightful look into the true heart of webadict's style says for his intentions is

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 03, 2021, 12:56:40 pm »

Obviously you're interested out scum squity, but why Bluarian first?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 03, 2021, 01:11:28 pm »

I'm okay with launching Vector if Lucky decides to play or is dead.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 03, 2021, 01:16:24 pm »

Obviously you're interested out scum squity, but why Bluarian first?
To answer this I put my own posts through the grinder for an appropriate response:

I don't know what it means to scum hunt dentally, and I'm not sure I want to find out.

I'm okay with launching Vector if Lucky decides to play or is dead.
Whyyy though? What are people seeing in Vector that NQT is not seeing?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 03, 2021, 01:16:55 pm »

4maskwolf

Icy has fallen off hard. Voting Lucky "for the sake of having my vote do something" is pretty -squints-
At the time I made that vote, an issue was that the votes were spread out extremely wide, and I hadn't voted anyone yet. The purpose was to start a wagon, any wagon, to push Lucky into playing and to see who else would get on it.

Everyone

Speaking of my vote, Caz, NQT, Tric, Toony, web, 4mask and persus, over half the players, have all posted since I placed my vote on Vector, and NQT and 4mask even actively analyzed my voting patterns. However, none saw fit to comment on it. I'd have expected that when a moderately-suspected player places their vote on a town core player, there'd be more disagreement. I understand it's polite to wait for the addressee to respond first, but my case is very bare-boned and nobody saw fit to poke holes in it? Yes, it was bait. As others have said, there are better targets for conversion. Time is running short so I have to move on from that point.

PPE: Huh, I had to take a break from drafting this and I returned to this:
Icy, the only universe in which we lynch Vector today over any other player is if we get a full claim as a vampire lord right now. I know you say it's your gut, but thankfully we don't all share a colon with you. It's great to develop and push suspicions throughout the day, but as we edge closer (8.5 hours!) we should be picking our forever lynches now. Who are you seriously going to push for today?
See below.

Reads:

Webadict has downshifted a lot. I don't think he'd have done it so obviously if he'd been converted and would need a change in priorities, so I disagree with that idea. Still town-leaning.

Vector has been playing defensively. Still scum-or-cop, still yet to explain their NQT vote as promised.

TricMagic is crazy and obstinate, but this is town!Tric.

ToonyMan has been actively participating and made good posts. Slight tunnel on Lucky, would have expected a side case by now.

BluarianKnight would be an asset to town...if they were playing. I have reason to doubt their lone vampire claim, but haven't had the chance to confirm that suspicion.

Luckyowl is in a similar boat with BluarianKnight. Depending on what roles there are in play, the read changes for reasons I'm not yet ready to explain. Second choice either way.

Persus13 has played much more convincingly than Secretdorf. Good enough to leave be for now.

4maskwolf has given me no reason to doubt the survivor claim, and is actively playing town.

Toaster has played even more aloofly than on D1.

Juicebox was very scummy, but I'm giving Caz a grace period to rise from that hole.

Jim Groovester makes good posts, if a bit too sparsely; there are good questions but they seldom see followups before new topics have arisen. The effort is still there, though.

Notquitethere is playing just as I would expect from his town meta.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 03, 2021, 02:28:28 pm »

I'm back, maybe a bit late. Give me an hour to catch up and I'll change my vote.

A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 03, 2021, 02:28:36 pm »

Ok if everyone is just going to lynch me because juicebox was lurking then you might as well replace me out. Waste of time.
I'm in fact currently giving you a chance, which is why I haven't butted into your conversation with NQT.

oh wow thx u my liege

Ok if everyone is just going to lynch me because juicebox was lurking then you might as well replace me out. Waste of time.

Yeah, I was willing to give you one chance. You completely blew it faster than Persus did. And like him you haven't redeemed that mistake. I've never actually played with you before to my memory, so no clue if this pecking is your playstyle or not. But it doesn't fit well.

WTF?

It's not because juice was lurking, it was his cases.

and? I see 0 point to playing a game where people already made up their mind on my role over things I wasn't even here for.

Which one of these would you prefer to lynch? If you had to choose between them. I think your day1 grievances against Icy seem manufactured, as well as your lack of suspicion for Bluarian day 1. Not enough to stop them from being lynched, mind. Just enough to grow some town cred instead?
How was it manufactured? And what kind of bizarro world argument is this about Blu-- do good town players always and only want to lynch town players?

So you ignore my question and expect me to answer yours?

I've taken Caz's criticism to heart that I'm a boring player. In that vein I've tried to find more outré scum hunting techniques. To that end, I fed the last few pages of Webadict's posts into a markov chain:

What this insightful look into the true heart of webadict's style says for his intentions is

wow, this post convinces me that your huge data walls aren't a waste of time at all. good job.

I understand your grievances and it feels genuine. Lucky isn't even trying compared to you, it pisses me off.

Seriously. Once I realised half the town is fine to lynch me from the get-go my motivation went to near zero. Lucky+Bluarian can't even be bothered to play and 4 others want to lynch me bc of juicebox lurking. Also you are literally included in this bc you said 'juicebox is scummy for replacing out'.

I get what your feeling, I replaced in to being the vote leader when Secretdorf replaced out. Maybe take a break from the game for a few hours. That worked for me just now.

BUT THE STEAM COMING OUT OF MY EARS MAKES ME A BETTER PLAYER

and also, yeah maybe do that.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 03, 2021, 02:40:06 pm »

Caz, I know from bitter experience it's miserable to place in to a slot which people have already decided on. I'm willing to give you another day to show us that you're town. Just stop grousing. You've got as many votes on you as I do and I'm not being lynched today. And I simply overlooked your question before. As should have been obvious from the reads, I'd prefer a Toaster lynch over an ICT lynch and that's only grown as the day's gone on.

Do you think your Toony vote could form part of a wagon?

LuckyOwl, I guess voting you isn't applying any more pressure than your self-vote already is, but if you're not scum then please play to your wincon and make a real case + vote.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 03, 2021, 02:48:20 pm »

Vector:
Come back when you have more, and I challenge you again: I've been on a scumteam with Lucky since D1? I chose not to NK, or tried to NK someone who was protected, or got RBed and no one claimed, hey, no NK, and funny enough, I blocked Veckle? Oh, and possibly the best of them all: Lucky is playing as though they're being coached by Vector and has been the entire time. These are the implications of your statement. Do they make sense to you?
I'm trying to parse what you're saying here, and the WIFOM is getting in the way a bit for me here. Are you saying Toony is accusing you of being incompetent scum?

My point:

Toony is claiming I'm on a scumteam with LuckyOwl. There are implications to this that would need to make logical sense.

If on a traditional scumteam since the beginning of the game:
- Opted not to NK or was blocked. No one has claimed a block or redirect that would out me. (If someone DID block/redirect to Tric or something last night, you should claim! We want to hit scum!)
- Was coaching Lucky through everything that has happened D1 and D2, including the self-voting and walking away from the thread

If I converted LuckyOwl:
- of all the players in the game, I decided to convert the one which was most suspected (according to the NQT graph) on D1.
- the additional claim is that the reason to do that would be to grab the Bluarian Knight conversion.
- so the concept here is that of all the players in the game, I would play to grab the two self-voters who are most suspected in the game and who have already shown that they easily crack under pressure.

I can think of exactly one reason why scum!vector would actually consider doing this, which is, as I guess people have noticed, as a WIFOM-shield. So I'm not trying to say something along the lines of "yeah, it's impossible." Sure. It's possible. You know me: I do crazy stuff when I'm playing scum. But what I am trying to do is press people to see if their theories make internally consistent, logical sense and ask whether they really want to put their tinfoil hats on right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 03, 2021, 03:19:56 pm »

Bluarian who should town lynch today?

Toony has a sudden shift of scuminess. If I was the convertor, he would have been my pick N1.

However, at this point seeing if Lucky is really town is probably the better call.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 03, 2021, 03:21:52 pm »

(I'm rereading, by the way).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 03, 2021, 03:48:23 pm »

I have a dilemma in that I can vote irresponsibly or I can not vote at all since I don't have enough time prior to day end to do another thorough posts.

I have misgivings about notquitethere but not a coherent case.

Luckyowl is indeed playing terribly and has basically disappeared, as has BluearianKnight, and I won't weep for either of them if they're gone but I don't think either of their lynches productively advance our win conditions.

ToonyMan I think is a convert.

Irresponsibly notquitethere, and I'll try to check in before the end of day but I doubt I'll see it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 03, 2021, 04:04:01 pm »

Haha what a joker. "I don't actually have any reasons for voting NQT but I see two players are already on him and this looks like a good opportunity to be rid of one of the few players that's suspicious of me."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 03, 2021, 04:06:38 pm »

I guess I should be saltier about Vector's complete lack of a case on me, and the fact Web sheeps me on half the things I say and is still voting me. But whatever, I think they're town. They'll come around. Jim just seems to be the classic third-on-a-wagon scum sticking his boot in.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 03, 2021, 04:11:01 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Jim Groovester: 1: Persus13
Luckyowl: 6: 4maskwolf, BluarianKnight, Luckyowl, notquitethere, ToonyMan, TricMagic
notquitethere: 3: Jim Groovester, Vector, webadict
Toaster: 1: IcyTea31
ToonyMan: 1: Caz
Vector: 1: Toaster

Day ends in ~4 hours
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 115